advice please

When embarking upon a fresh relationship, how and when is a good time, to broach the fact that you would like to buy her lingerie in order to make her feel (underlined) sexy?
<3 W

How long has this relationship been budding? Do you have any occasions coming up, like a trip away or a birthday, I'm just thinking that maybe an excuse for it would be a gentler approach than diving right in.

Maybe go out for a meal and send her the set & say just a little treat for today enjoy look forward to seeing it on you later maybe ? Would that work in your relationship

Do you know her measurements? Buying a woman lingerie that is too small will make her feel fat, buying it too big will make her think that she looks fatter than she is. Or that she is too thin if she is self concious about her appearance. I would say that you would love to see her sexy body in some lingerie and suggest picking some together. Or that she chooses and surprises you. If you do know her measurements including back/bust size and know what she would like then you could surprise her. However get it wrong and it could blow up in your face.

Despina Rose wrote:

Do you know her measurements? Buying a woman lingerie that is too small will make her feel fat, buying it too big will make her think that she looks fatter than she is. Or that she is too thin if she is self concious about her appearance. I would say that you would love to see her sexy body in some lingerie and suggest picking some together. Or that she chooses and surprises you. If you do know her measurements including back/bust size and know what she would like then you could surprise her. However get it wrong and it could blow up in your face.

So true! Xx

Next time her clothes are on the floor, check the sizes out. And go from there.

and I would start with getting a sexy bra and nickers and then go from her reaction from that.

spiceitup wrote:

and I would start with getting a sexy bra and nickers and then go from her reaction from that.

Problem is that sizes vary hugely. Say someone is usually a size 12, they could have items that are a size 10 or even 8 but equally have things that are 14 and 16. I had 2 pairs of size 14 jeans and there was 7 inches difference between the waist sizes and they sat at the same height.

Despina Rose wrote:

spiceitup wrote:

Problem is that sizes vary hugely. Say someone is usually a size 12, they could have items that are a size 10 or even 8 but equally have things that are 14 and 16. I had 2 pairs of size 14 jeans and there was 7 inches difference between the waist sizes and they sat at the same height.

Yeah. In the same shop I tried on 2 pairs of jeans and a pair of trousers, all size 10. The jeans didn't fit at all but the trousers fitted perfectly. Yet I've got jeans from other stores that fit fine or are even a little loose in some places, all in the same size!

I'm not a good person to advise on lingerie since I never buy underwear to be sexy (no point and too expensive) but I guess it's the same as all clothing. It's about the style and the fit.

It's best to get her to choose for herself, whether at LH or somewhere else, maybe just let her know the budget and get her to surprise you. Then she gets to find something that fits and is in a style she likes as well.

Lovehoney do have a great returns policy so if something doesn't fit you can exchange it for a different size. I had to do this, exchanged the item three times and it still didn't fit right. Kinda takes the sexyness out of it at that point!

Thanks for the advice, ladies (spiceitup, we haven't actually met yet -> please see other post) Think I'll go with Nicole's suggestion of browsing thru LH's collection together !

W