Advice wanted on rechargeable Vs mains-powered wands

Hey everyone,

A little over a year ago I purchased my Girlfriend the Mantric Rechargeable Wand:

Its her firm favorite and we use it often.

I was wondering if anyone can give me a first hand opinion on whether there is much difference between a wand like this and the Lovehoney Extra Powerful Mains Powered Wand:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/lovehoney-extra-powerful-multispeed-mains-powered-magic-wand-vibrator/795

This product has an insanely high rating from over 3,800 reviews, but is it a significant jump from what we have and if so, in what way? Is it worth the hassle of the cable?

It may be helpful to note that my GF likes the current wand on a medium speed constant setting, so isn’t looking for anything to vibrate faster. Im guessing that the ‘Extra Powerful’ in the product title doesnt mean speed?

Any comparisons and advice welcome!

Cheers all,

1 Like

Yes. There is a huge, earth-shattering difference. Everyone needs a mains wand.

It has a broader head, so all over vibrations.
Mains are generally rumbling vibrations and of course, you never have to worry about the battery.

That said, if she only uses the middle setting on the mantric, I’m wondering how much she will enjoy a mains powered wand.

1 Like

We have the mantric and a Doxy mains want, difference is night and day.

Compared to the Doxy, the mantric is quite buzzy and doesnt always get her there, but the doxy is much deeper / rumblier and has worked 99.9% of the time.

I usually start with the mantric for her first orgasm and then switch to the Doxy for any subsequent ones.

1 Like

We have the Mantric and the the Mains Powered Doxy Die Cast.

They are different beasts. In contrast to the comments above though, 95% of the time I much prefer the Mantric. It’s easier to use and much more versatile. Both do an excellent job though.

2 Likes

Mains powered wands are generally more powerful than rechargeable ones but, in practice, all our rechargeable toys make my wife come as hard as she can stand and we much prefer the convenience of not having to plug them in or deal with the cord in the heat of passion.

2 Likes

Those are the two I have - the Mantric Rechargeable Wand Vibrator & the Lovehoney Extra Powerful Multispeed Mains Powered Magic Wand Vibrator… I use the Mantric wand more regularly because it’s easier to clean and is quicker to pull out and tuck away (I keep all my toys packed up when not in use). The mains wand is a little heavier, and my wrists are a bit weak, so the Mantric with a lighter and more ergonomic shape is easier for me to maneuver for solo play. Also, the larger, broad head on the mains wand doesn’t do it as much for me personally despite being more powerful… If you guys aren’t necessarily wanting something more powerful, I guess it just depends on what you like about the Mantric, or if you’re just wanting to try something different :thinking: If I could go back, I probably would not buy the mains wand again, just because I hardly ever use it, but that’s must my opinion, I know a ton of people love their mains wands :woman_shrugging: Hope you guys like it if you do decide to get it :+1:

2 Likes

To echo previous comments, the rechargeable ones are great for a quick fix as you can just use it and clean it easy.
The mains are amazing with a nice long lead, but you are obviously limited to where you can use it and it’s big and clumpy so getting it out, plugging in, cleaning and storing away again, kind of takes the moment away.

To put it in short

• Quick and spontaneous orgasm, use rechargeable
  • nice slow paced evening- mains powered
1 Like

I prefer the mains wand rather than the rechareable one but that only because we forget to charge the rechareable one up so it becomes very weak.

2 Likes

We have both…however the Matric one is always in use…the mains one not so much. My wife does love rumbly vibes…but doesn’t need super powerful vibrations - her go to on the matric is the lower settings…so I think the mains powered on is just a bit too much for her. She does love the wide head so that the vibrations are spread across a large area…however for her the mains one is too much unless shes in a really horny mood.

It’s like anything - its not one wand suits all!!. Id get one…give it a try and if its not for her you can always return it using the toy satisfaction guarantee…

2 Likes

I used to love my mains wand until I took a break from it for a while. When I got it out again it was too intense, too wide and the strong vibrations left me a little numb if it was kept in one spot for too long.
For clit stimulation I much prefer a womaniser and to use the wand over different areas to add different sensations.

1 Like

Thanks all for your feedback!
As always you’ve been incredibly helpful.

Varying responses, some saying that the Mains Powered is a far superior ‘must have’, some saying they prefer the Mantric and find the process of plugging in a mood killer.

What is helpful is that i’ve been made aware of Lovehoney’s Toy Satisfaction guarentee.

I think i’ll probably give the Mains Powered a whirl and be guided by the GFs feedback from there.

If she can’t see it being used much over the Mantric, i’ll send it back.

Thanks all!

2 Likes