Affairs

lmh95 wrote:

captainmeow wrote:

Short-term pleasure just isn't worth the long-term regret.

A huge +1 to this statement!

I agree but what if you get caught in a moment of madness when say things arnt going to well and somebody gives you that chink of light? That is how some affairs start .They arnt all by design .

lmh95 wrote:

mysteron wrote:

lmh95 wrote:

captainmeow wrote:

Short-term pleasure just isn't worth the long-term regret.

A huge +1 to this statement!

I agree but what if you get caught in a moment of madness when say things arnt going to well and somebody gives you that chink of light? That is how some affairs start .They arnt all by design .

I would hope that things would never get that far that I was tempted and flattered by someone else's attention enough to risk my relationship and that I would have the strength to walkaway from the situation and not give in to a "moment of madness" or weakness. If things weren't going well within my relationship then I would hope that we could discuss any problems and try to work together to sort things out and improve them. We discussed cheating a long time ago when it happened amongst our friends and my OH said "If you cheat, you're out, there's no second chance". That's his stance and I feel the same way. As much as I love him I would show him the door if he sneaked around, lied and cheated regardless of whether he did it just the once. I deserve much better than to be someone's back- up or second choice. I truly believe that if you don't want to be in a monogamous relationship with someone enough anymore and they don't want to be in an open relationship then you should set them free before you move onto your next conquest/'s.

Good answer ! ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) Just when I wanted to get this debate going !![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)