Alternative to baby oil? Help us please!

I've had a quick look through for other threads that might give me the answer I want, but if I've managed to miss one then please be gentle on a newb!

We bought a lovely purple PVC bed sheet as a wedding aniversary pressie to ourselves.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=813

Warm bath, warmed (on the radiator) sheet and a bottle of baby oil in a jug of hot water. Went from the bath straight into the "play room" - we've got a spare bedroom that we've been able to keep clear of anything other than an old matress on the floor and a supply of toys - sprayed plenty of baby oil on the sheet, and eachother, then spent an hour and a half being generally very naughty.

Loads of fun and laughs. Lots of positions that simply don't work due to lack of grip, but lots of ones that we sort of slipped into that we hadn't tried before. Baby oil tastes a lot better than either of us thought it would and made no-holes-barred access for both of us a simple matter of think about doing something and it happens. Our normal relationship, with her well and truly in charge in the bedroom and me happy to do/take what I'm told to, evened itself out and this was far more of a mutual enjoyment session than we've had for a long time. We're both now fully paid up members of the oily sex club!

The problem came when it was time to get back in the shower to wash the oil off. 10 minutes of scrubbing got it from our skin, but no amount of shampoo would clean her hair properly. In the end she resorted to washing up liquid, followed by loads of conditioner. She's understandably very proud of her hair and I know she doesn't want to do that if she can avoid it.

So, what can we use instead of baby oil?

I thought of waterbased lube and extra water, but I'm not sure it wouldn't go sticky after a while. Silicone lube should last longer (I think), but to be completely honest I'm too tight to pay that much for something that might not clean out of her hair that well anyway.

Who's tried this and found an alternative that we can both live with, but still have hours of slippery fun?

Thanks. I thought that might be the case where the silicone lubes were concerned.

Is there any difference between the 2 in 1 Durex lubricant that you've suggested and the regular Durex Play lubes? We've got loads of the regular cherry flavoured one

Really sorry about the double post - I know they're not appreciated on most forums.

I've just been reading the reviews on the 2 in 1 Durex and lots of people have commented that it's too thick, and dries too fast, to be really effective for massage. In that case, won't it dry out even faster with the use we're thinking of?

I know it's great value, but perhaps it would be better to spend a bit more for something that's going to last longer and need less used in the long run?

Cooking Oil ! LOL

Nuru gel. Very natural and water based. Slippiest thing I have ever used plus benefits your skin. Oh you would have so much fun with it too. Google nuru massage.

Ooo sounds like fun. I'd be inclined to use food based products yogurt, cream, chocolate body paint!!! Mmm

Stuburns wrote:

Nuru gel.....Google nuru massage.

Well that brought up a couple of interesting videos!!!

One in particular looked like great fun, then only problem was that the gel looks like something one of the Aliens drrols just before biting your head off.

May well give this a try anyway as it's the sort of thing we were trying to recreate.

Coconut oil is actually incredibly good for your hair (I apply it to the ends of my tail bone length hair quite regularly, and I find it washes out easily). Problem is, it's generally a solid at room temperature, so for your purposes, you'll either have to rub it on each other (such a horror, I know ;) ), or warm it up a bit before spraying it.
I know virgin olive oil is also used quite frequently for hot oil treatments on hair. I personally find it a little tricky to wash out, but nothing I had to resort to washing up liquid for.
I've also heard of people using jojoba, macadamia, argan, almond and avocado oils for their hair, but I can't vouch personally for any of them, and some of them would be a very pricey option to cover yourselves in.

hey

if you get oil in your hair you can get it out with shampoo, if you put it on without any water and really work it into the oil, then leave it a few minutes, instead of just rinsing it out slowy add a little bit of water at a time until it turns into a proper lather, it will take the oil out.

takes a bit of time but better than washing up liquid.

boobaloo wrote:

hey

if you get oil in your hair you can get it out with shampoo, if you put it on without any water and really work it into the oil, then leave it a few minutes, instead of just rinsing it out slowy add a little bit of water at a time until it turns into a proper lather, it will take the oil out.

takes a bit of time but better than washing up liquid.

Thanks, I'll tell her that if we ever go down the baby oil route again.

In the meanwhile we may just experiment with a few different waterbased lubes we have around the house while waiting for the bulk order of Nuru Gel in powder form that I've just ordered from the USA.

Hey, just jumping in on this thread as this will be useful for us too! Thanks :)

Stuburns wrote:
Nuru gel.....Google nuru massage.

Well that brought up a couple of interesting videos!!!

One in particular looked like great fun, then only problem was that the gel looks like something one of the Aliens drrols just before biting your head off.

May well give this a try anyway as it's the sort of thing we were trying to recreate.

My oh and myself had a great time and cleaning up after was no problem at all.

I'd agree with the 2 in 1 Durex Purple Lube - lovely to massage in too :)

not such a bad idea ,most massage parlours use vegetable oil instead of baby oil,its cheaper and doesnt react badly with condoms.It would also be easier to wash out of hair.

Stuburns wrote:

Nuru gel. Very natural and water based. Slippiest thing I have ever used plus benefits your skin. Oh you would have so much fun with it too. Google nuru massage.

This!! :)

We've tried The massage 2 in 1 stuff and it was crap to be honest, to sticky, dried up way to fast. The Durex play Cherry is awesome but I can imagine you needing quite a lot?!

As for the Nuru Gel, Well I cant recommend it enough, Its just the best oil/gel/lube Ive ever used... Need to get some more very soon! I must say to the OP this sounds awesome! I bought us a purple queen size pvc sheet and cant wait to use it!

I'll be watching this thread closely :) x

You could try DIY'ing some Xanthan Gum, just make sure you don't have an allergy to any of the ingredients. Works out really cheap and you can get it in most supermarkets.

Garyw wrote:

When making the Alien films, the effects guys actually used KY for the drool. Aliens drool lube.

And on a more serious and relevant note, have you tried more natural oils? My GF and I use Grape Seed Oil in the bedroom. Slippery, great for massages, and good for the skin!