Alternative to baby oil

So here's the thing, Mrs TD has managed to get Bacterial Vaginosis having played and baby oil finding its way inside her. It was fun at the time but realizes it was a silly mistake and is feeling pretty crap about it.

Do Lovehoney have an alternative to use that is water based?

Hey Tiger Dick - easy mistake to make my love x This one is pretty good https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35808 A little goes a long way!! Or look on the Lubes page - lots to choose from there https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/lubricants/

And if you scrowl to the bottom of this page you'll find a 25% off code if you buy 2 lubes https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/special-offers/

We just got that one, just never thought to use it as a massage oil, got the motorhead vide with it free, that thing packs a punch...Thanks Lady Spider

If you're looking for lube, ive never had any problems with LH Discover. It's discribed for anal but it's a great all rounder.

If it's more for massage then I like to go natural with a good coconut oil. Dont forget though that oils are bad for condoms

If it's for a massage you can use any natural oil - even olive oil, Tiger DIck - I trained in aromatheraphy in a past life, we mostly used sweet almond oil for massage as it's reasonably priced and easy to find (as the base to add essential oils to - 4 tsp of carrier oil add 3-4 drops of essential oil max - that will surfice for a full body massage) jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, advocado oil all make a lovely massage oils too - and remember, a natural oil will be absorbed into the blood stream in minute quantities - so you're getting some goodness from them too! - be aware though - don't use a nut-based oil if you have a nut allergy!

Coconut oil....

Tiger Dick wrote:

So here's the thing, Mrs TD has managed to get Bacterial Vaginosis having played and baby oil finding its way inside her. It was fun at the time but realizes it was a silly mistake and is feeling pretty crap about it.

Hi TD, can't commends but just wanted to say baby oil itself is not the culprit.

4Uonly wrote:

Tiger Dick wrote:

Hi TD, can't commends but just wanted to say baby oil itself is not the culprit.

I can assure you it is... It has been the only thing different that has been introduced into our play, could it be reacting to the condoms? Possibly but condoms haven't been a problem before and the same type is always used.

So its either the Baby oil alone, or the possible reaction it has with the condom, but whatever is happening it's definitely the baby oil that is the common denominator here. Stupid mistake for sure, but we'll learn from it.

What about an Oil based lubricant? Such as https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25040

That is all I could really suggest unfortunately unless you wanted to consider silicone..

4Uonly wrote:

Morning 4Uonly - Baby oil and petroleum jelly are proven to cause BV and yeast infections, my love - google it. Baby oil is rubbish - all it does to make your skin feel soft is 'glue' down any flaking skin cells. It isn't absorbed, just slowly wiped off on furniture and clothing. Its one of the first things they teach you when you're learning massage.

I'd honestly stick with one of the LH lubes if you're gonna use it 'down there' - but for a full body massage any natural oil (as I mention above) I used extra virgin olive all on all my children from birth.

Oh btw - don't add essential oils to any massage oil that you might use down below without ready the contraindications first - many essential oils really aren't suitable for this area!

"As I recently browsed the baby aisle of a large store, I noticed several brands of baby oil. As they have for years, each baby oil product included mineral oil as their main ingredient. Most of the baby oil brands had only two ingredients. Mineral oil and fragrance. "Fragrance" on an ingredient label indicates that the fragrance is synthetic. One popular mass market brand markets "Lavender Baby Oil." In herbal and aromatherapy circles, pure lavender essential oil is known to be one of the gentlest essential oils for babies and the natural constituents in lavender is calming and soothing to babies. The popular "Lavender Baby Oil." that is sold under a well known name, however, doesn't include lavender essential oil. Although the name sounds gentle and even natural, there is nothing natural about this mass market brand's Lavender Baby Oil. The "lavender" aroma is derived from synthetic fragrance, and the oil used in the product is once again cheap mineral oil." - https://www.beautybythebatch.com/articles/naturalbabyoils.asp

I wouldnt use Baby oil, Mineral oil is sterile until it touches something but the fragrance may cause problems.

I use coconut oil with my partner after waxing to remove the wax remnants but I am careful not to get any inside her vagina as oils do provide a nice environment for bacteria to thrive because they are hydrophobic they resist her natural defenses, bacteria is typically picked up off the skin or around the anus (which is the source of many a UTI or vaginosis). Most oils do go rancid over time as well, virgin coconut oil does, though refined doesnt. Walnut oil doesnt go rancid either.

Personally Id stay away from oils and get some Pjur extra concentrated silicon lube, it is amazing stuff, will give you everything your looking for from an oil, and leaves the skin fealing really soft and lovely, be sure to have a good clean before hand and also be careful of cross contamination from anus to vagina as mentioned.

LadySpider wrote:

4Uonly wrote:

Morning 4Uonly - Baby oil and petroleum jelly are proven to cause BV and yeast infections, my love - google it. Baby oil is rubbish - all it does to make your skin feel soft is 'glue' down any flaking skin cells. It isn't absorbed, just slowly wiped off on furniture and clothing. Its one of the first things they teach you when you're learning massage.

I'd honestly stick with one of the LH lubes if you're gonna use it 'down there' - but for a full body massage any natural oil (as I mention above) I used extra virgin olive all on all my children from birth.

Oh btw - don't add essential oils to any massage oil that you might use down below without ready the contraindications first - many essential oils really aren't suitable for this area!

I guess we must hve been 'lucky' for the past 40 years then.

Had not heard there might be an issue with using baby oil down below, on your suggestion I did Google it and there certainly seems to be one person who is very vocalon a number of different forums but it isn't clear what qualififications she has to make her opinion any more valid than anyone elses.

We use Intimate Organics for the fragrance which LH used to sell, not sure if they still do.

We knew Mrs TD was susceptible to issues with Parabens and Glycerin, but it seems Paraffinum Liquidum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Parfum. which are in the product has something that doesn't agree with her too.

The makers have an advisory to say for external use only. Like I said silly mistake.

Tiger Dick wrote:

We knew Mrs TD was susceptible to issues with Parabens and Glycerin, but it seems Paraffinum Liquidum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Parfum. which are in the product has something that doesn't agree with her too.

The makers have an advisory to say for external use only. Like I said silly mistake.

Same here! These ingredients give me terrible thrush and BV that are difficult to shift.

Liquid silk is a brilliant water based lube but it does contain parabens no glycerine though.

Pjur bodyglide is a brilliant silicone based lube and it doesnt contain parabens or glycerin (yay). Its advised that this shoild be avoided with silocone toys but this is only because it can reduce the longevity of the toy and make it more tacky to the touch but this takes a while and a lot of high quality toys now say 'suitable for any lubricant' on the boxes. If youre using vibrators etc you can always pop a condom over it if you're worried?

Used lots of different types and these 2 are our goto now.

You can get them both at LH and you dont need a lot (literally a couple of drops unless you want to get the plastic sheet out and have a super slippery session of course).

Both low residue, unscented and low tac (pjur isnt tacky at all, its likeca really watery super refined oil) when drying. Both tasteless.

Should never use baby oil / vaseline for sex as it sort of laminates bacteria to your sensitive mucous membranes and takes days to wash even if you think its gone. Bacteria and fungal spores love to grow in it after sex.

Hope this is of some help in the quest to keep you both slippery!

Tiger Dick wrote:

4Uonly wrote:

Tiger Dick wrote:

I can assure you it is... It has been the only thing different that has been introduced into our play, could it be reacting to the condoms? Possibly but condoms haven't been a problem before and the same type is always used.

So its either the Baby oil alone, or the possible reaction it has with the condom, but whatever is happening it's definitely the baby oil that is the common denominator here. Stupid mistake for sure, but we'll learn from it.

Condoms shouldn't be used with oil based products.