Am I squirting?

Ok so, I'm pretty knew to sex with a partner. I've played alone for years and seem to know what I like etc. but this year I finally went all the way.

However I don't think I've had an orgasm with him. At least, it doesnt feel the same as when I'm alone. Sometimes I feel satisfied, other times I want to continue. But thankfully I am enjoying everything.

Then something new happened this week. We've had sex twice this week and the first time I left a massive damp patch on the mattress. It clearly came from me. My partner felt it- something on his balls, he said.

It happened again today, although to a much smaller extent. The one common thing I noticed today was something that felt a little bit like a fart.

My partner is more experienced than me but he says he's only ever noticed minute amounts. But then he's also said that I get wetter in general than other partners.

We wondered for a moment if it was the time of the month changing body functions etc. but we've had sex immediately before my period before with no damp patches in sight.

Today he seemed to think that this is a sign I've had an orgasm, but again it doesnt feel the same to me.

So I'm curious as to whether there's some insight out there. Is this squirting? Is it a sign of an orgasm that maybe I haven't noticed because I'm not entirely taken over by it?

And for my sanity if I forget to put down a towel again are there any tips for cleaning it up?

Hello and welcome 🙂

Squirting (or gushing) is different from having an orgasm. Some people do both simultaneously but not everyone. There's a couple of recent lovehoney blogs about it that you may find useful. 👍🙂

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2019/02/25/youtube-lovehoney-vlog-squirting-orgasm/

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2019/03/02/youtube-lovehoney-vlog-how-to-squirt/

As for not ruining your mattress, a plastic-backed picnic blanket or a vinyl sheet can help if it becomes a regular part of your playtime.

Hope this helps 🙂

We probably need some female posters to repond with their input. But in the meantime, some thoughts:

Firstly, I think it's normal that an orgasm alone will be different from an orgasm during intercourse. But I think you'd certainly notice if you climaxed during sex. Some women find it difficult to climax during intercourse; some might achieve clitoral climx, or some might have g-spot climax. Try to have a think about what works best when you're by yourself. Also, if your relationship is new, it might take time for you both to properly relax and figure out what works best for you.

Secondly, I've never been with a partner who produces liquid like you described. But it's fairly common for lots of women, and it sounds like both of you are comfortable/happy, so I guess just roll with it. :) In additon to the links Ian posted, there seem to be plenty of forum threads about squirting, which you might want to check out.

Ok so here goes. My G Spot orgasms feel very different to my Clit orgasms (my solo are always clit). So yes orgasms during sex feel quiet different to my solo but as above I know Im cuming. I also only squirt with G spot stimulation, usually coinciding with an orgasm but not always. If I squeeze my pelvic floor while receiving long and rhythmic g spot stimulation I am likely to squirt. The more it happens the easier it is. Last night was the first time I squirted through PIV, Im not sure my Husband is convinced its not pee 😂