an anal question

I am looking to buy my first anal toy. What would you recomend and is there a difference between an anal lube and an ordinary water based lube for masterbation play. Can either be used in anal play or must it be an anal lube ?

I recently bought my first anal toys, which were Lovehoney Beginner's Anal Beads, and Lovehoney Basics Slimline Butt Plug. If you're interested, I have reviews of both: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2219&reviewid=102260#customer_reviews

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16053&reviewid=102099#customer_reviews

If you're really into vibrations, it could be a good idea for you to go for a vibrating plug or an anal vibrator though, depending on whether you feel you could take the size of any vibrating toys. I do feel a bit as though I'm missing something with no vibrations because I'm used to them with other toys.

In terms of lube, I've just been using regular water-based, but from my understanding of it anal lubricant has a thicker texture. I'm sure there are other differences too, and I imagine that it would probably be a smoother experience to use anal lube though.

I have http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16665 that i would recommend it to someone thats not used anal toys before it's a good non threatening size, at the moment it come with a free fifty shades lube given it's slender size an ordinary waterbased lube like it would suffice if you wanted to use larger anal toys or a toy for prolonged periods of time anal lube is much thicker and longer lasting than regular waterbased lube

We used the liquorice dip butt plug set to start with (available from LH) and found them brilliant. I'm quite experienced with anal toys but hubby less so. This is a set of 3 graduating in size so the smallest one is ideal for beginners - hubby assured me it wasn't too big and he loved it ! He's now moved on to the medium size plug and says it's great but says there's no way on earth he's going to try the largest one. We also have some vibrating and remote control anal toys but I think I'd suggest using a smallish flexible plug to begin with.

We use LH water based flavoured lube with all our toys, including all our anal ones and find it great with every single one.

We used the liquorice dip butt plug set to start with (available from LH) and found them brilliant. I'm quite experienced with anal toys but hubby less so. This is a set of 3 graduating in size so the smallest one is ideal for beginners - hubby assured me it wasn't too big and he loved it ! He's now moved on to the medium size plug and says it's great but says there's no way on earth he's going to try the largest one. We also have some vibrating and remote control anal toys but I think I'd suggest using a smallish flexible plug to begin with.

We use LH water based flavoured lube with all our toys, including all our anal ones and find it great with every single one.

The anal probe we use was discontinued sadly but it is an amazing item, it was the Dr. Joel Vibrating Anal Prober.

As for lube, whenever anal is involved we use the Tracey Cox SuperSex Anal Lube, wouldn't use anything else! x