Anal beads or butt plug?

I'm a beginner to anal and I don't know whether to buy a butt plug or anal beads...

Which is less intimidating? Which is better for beginners? Which feels better?

Bear in mind I only have about £5 to spend! Thanks xx

I would definitely say butt plug! Plugs are smooth and gradual, whereas beads can be quite harsh on your backside as there's a lot of open/closing action with your anus. I'd recommend a small butt plug, nothing over an inch in diameter :)

dotdashdot wrote:

I'm a beginner to anal and I don't know whether to buy a butt plug or anal beads...

Which is less intimidating? Which is better for beginners? Which feels better?

Bear in mind I only have about £5 to spend! Thanks xx

I would suggest beads. They tend to be smaller than butt plugs and I think there is more pleasure to be had with them at the beginning.

I would also suggest avoiding jelly or rubber in favour of silicone or plastic because of the smell.

Enjoy and good luck. :)

Disco Dave wrote:

I would definitely say butt plug! Plugs are smooth and gradual, whereas beads can be quite harsh on your backside as there's a lot of open/closing action with your anus. I'd recommend a small butt plug, nothing over an inch in diameter :)

Heh, that's a thought, but the open/closing with beads isn't any greater than with most bowel movements, in my opinion. :)

I used a butt plug for the first time a few months ago and found it thouroughly enjoyable! Not done the bead thing yet though.

SG69 x

Hehe so mixed opinions here!

The basic slim butt plug looks great and the video shows how small and flexible it is.

But aren't anal beads better for stretching you because they start off small and get quite big at the top?

Okay this sounds silly but it says the anal beads are like 10inches instertable... won't that just be really uncomfortable to have something in that far?

Or the anal dildo prober... looks a bit big though.

I think it's a personal limit thing as regards how much you can fit up there. Personally I don't like anything much longer than 5/6 inches up my backside, but I know people who take great pleasure in getting much larger dildos much further up.

The good thing about beads is that you don't have to get, for example, all 10 inches in, you could just get a few inches in and because they're beads, it'll stay in place until you want to take them out :)

When I first started out I found beads a great choice - plus with your budget in mind I'd say you'd get better quality beads than you would a plug, though tbh I've not bought either for a little while. I'd also say beads were more versatile while you're figuring out which sensations you like.

My wife and I started experimenting recently with a small vibrator up her bum which lead onto beads and full anal sex. She now uses them every time if she wants anal in the shower to help open up the anus before sex. I would recommend beads if you want it to lead onto sex as it can be flexible when inserting and have a douching effect. For me though we are looking to buy a Butt plug for my pleasure although I'm a bit concerned with using it actually on the site for the first time looking into buying it.

anal beads r lush lush lush lol my partner doesnt like them tho he says it makes u feel like u wanna go 4 a no:2...hehe

Thanks for your help everyone, I think I will buy beads and if I don't like them I'll get a plug too, the beauty of buying the cheap things is that if you don't like it doesn't matter hehe!

I've tried anal a couple of times, it hurt like hell and made me feel like I needed to go for a number 2 :S

Hence why I want to do things properly this time ;) xx

Best of luck with the experimenting then dotdashdot! I've never tried beads (but it's certainly on my list) - the only thing I can really say is, to ease discomfort, make sure you use plenty of lube. Certainly I need a lot more than I initially assume I'll need. It might be of help to have a little hunt through using Search forums, I'm pretty sure there's some good advice in various threads.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/anal-sex-toys/362-anal-sex-for-beginners-any-advice/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/sex-tips-and-advice/34315-anal-virgin-with-stupid-questions/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/anal-sex-toys/14637-douches-why/

Plenty more there, but I remember these as being rather helpful when I was looking for advice!

Thanks they helped a lot :) xx

Grrr don't confuse me :P

I might see which one my boyfriend would prefer to use on me... let him decide. Or might just get both... x

personaly i dont like anal beads..but but plugs is ok

One thing about small beginner butt plugs is that they never stay in by themselves, they always seem to shoot out at the slightest provocation. This is part of the reason why I think that beads might be better for you.

Having said that, this might be a good choice if you wanted to go for a butt plug. It's a lot smaller than it looks in the picture:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12125

One of the things about sex toys is that they are going to be going into very intimate, sensitive areas of your body. In my experience, it's definitely worth spending the extra pounds to get something made of a material which has an unobtrusive smell and which will function as it's supposed to. Carly said that after she was handling the Basix toys, her hands smelled funny for a significant amount of time afterwards, even after she washed her hands. So I'd recommend saving and going for silicone or glass or PVC. I find that Doc Johnson products tend to smell quite strongly.

So I'm still voting for beads. :)

I recommend the beads. You don't have to insert em all (at least not at first, you will want to eventually though!!!) and like others have said, the beads at the tip are much smaller than the smallest of the plugs. While there is more opening and closing of the sphincter involved, part of the experiance is allowing your body to become accustomed to the new sensation so it's to be expected.

I don't think anyone else has mentioned this, but might I suggest that, at least the first time (and I do this every time for anal play) you put a condom on over the toy? It just makes things easier for afterwards. No fuss, no mess!

My first Anal toys were these

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13660

Under a fiver, small beads at the bottom and bigger ones as you get further up. Just remember you don't need to insert them all at once. Start gradually (1 or 2 at a time if that's all your comfortable with) and when you begin to get comfortable with them you can try with more (And you'll want to try more cos they feel great)

lol - Angelgirl it looks like we are two very similar types! I had those as my first too and just like you I kept wanting more. When I think of how many girls I know who are totally afraid of anal it really makes me wonder - if they tried it just once I'm sure they'd convert!