Anal douche questions for newbies.

So we are just starting to get into anal play. Hubby as wanted to do it for a while but I was a little hesitant. Anyway we are both enjoying it so far and have moved quite swiftly on, butt plugs and beads and bought h a prostate massager the other week. I’ve felt really uneasy about mess so ordered a douche the other day. Wasn’t thinking initially do we need one each? Or can we buy the ‘probes’ separately or so people just share? We got the LH basics one??

We're new to it all too! We discussed this between ourselves, a d although the douche is mine I sterilise mine between each use any way so if Mr fox wanted to use it it's already sterile. (We use baby steriliser fluid, gentle but effective).

We share but make sure we clean the douche really carefully, thankfully we had a ton of spare bottle brushes which you can buy in loads of places, and we used thess to clean internally of the douche and the probes. But I can totally understand if you don’t want to share, we did have one each before and even had a permanent marker to draw a funky design on each one to know the difference. Sadly one was tore at the top and we had to dispose of it.

If your really worried then get some anti bacterial cleaner and leave the douche to soak for a little while in this before rinsing it off and using it again. But really it’s all down to personal preference and affordability, just be aware the little probe can have a little suction after squirting the water up your butt and can pull down some dirty water into the bulb area, so I would make sure you remove the probe and it’s little holder and really wash the insides 👌🏻

Thanks Fox & Lil_know for the information :) I did wonder about baby sterilizing liquid. Glad to be venturing into this with others who are also ‘in the dark’ lol. Maybe we will try that first and if we find we’re wanting to get another in the 3 for £15 x

Buy a shower shot. You can both use it and it’s a lot less hassle. Couple minutes in the shower and your both ready to go. As always if your just douching, be careful not to overfill.

I’ve just recently been getting into anal play and love it so far! I definitely feel better about playing if I have cleaned out with a douche ahead of time. I currently have the LH deluxe set. The messager head is ok but not sure it does anything different than the nozzle. My question is if anyone uses or has used a shower enema kit for cleaning? If so what product would you recommend? What do you like/dis-like better or worse about a shower kit over a douche?

The shower enema kit is brilliant..I have IBS and I’m also a runner..I use it the day before a race n it sorts me out no end.you feel cleaner for days afterwards and they’re so easy to use .. I wouldn’t use it over the bath though as suggested.. buy yourself a longer showers hose so that it reaches to the toilet .. you REALLY don’t want what comes out blocking the plug hole in your bath/showere trust me 😁

I also use a shower enema kit. Be aware there is a significant difference between a douche and an enema.

The shower kit is good and of course it’s pretty easy, but be careful, if your using it for a full enema and your water is chlorinated then don’t do it too often (to often being every day or multiple repeated refills during an enema) it can have a negative affect on your own bacteria in your colon, which in extreme circumstances can result in potentially illness. Used in moderation, 1 or 2 times a week I haven’t had any issues.

There is no risk of course with just douching, the water should not pass into your colon

Thanks Fredster and KingGrthy for your thoughts! So in regards to using them for sexual purposes I get that a douche is used to clean out your rectum before anal play which helps with less mess during and after. With the enema kit there’s obviously a lot more water. Is the purpose still to clean out before anal play are is there another reason people do it? Is it pleasurable? I worry about the pressure and much more water, I don’t want to cause issues with my GI but i think the enema kit in the shower would be so much easier and less messy than the douche.

@amcouple5231 there are a lot of reasons people have enemas, most lack scientific evidence for efficacy so be careful if you read up on it, a lot of claims are made that can’t be backed up except anacdotally.

Personally I started having high volume enemas when my anal play got deep and girthy, once my toys started passing into the colon, I wanted to be able to fully clean myself out. A douche is kind of a rinse for your rectum, but should not go past your sigmoid sphincter or you’ll end up having a lot more mess. A High volume enema (3-5 litres) fills your entire colon( descending, tranverse, and ascending. Once these are completely flushed out there is typically no waste for 12-48 hours depending on diet. So an enema is cleaner in a sense, once t is completed anyway. Taking an enema takes time however and it’s much messier than a douche since most or all the waste in your colon is going to come out. Normally I take about an hour-hour and half to complete an enema, and that involves taking a low volume enema just to clear the descending colon, then I take the full volume, usually about 3-4 litres. And sometimes depending on body cooperation, I will take a second full volume full after the first is expelled

The feeling afterward is pretty nice, it feels light and no bloating or gas. It can be slightly addictive.  I am also careful about diet, I try to eats mainly protein and fibre the day before, no carbs.  Afterward things like raw sauerkraut, Kim chi, keffir, yoghurt, etc are important for maintaining good gut health.

The shower enema kit can be used for either a douche or enema, just depends on how much water you use.

Thank you for the extra Info x

Do you guys just "take" the full length of the prober insiide?

mripguru wrote:

Do you mean on a squeezable douche bulb, or the shower shot?

for the douche bulb it needs to go inside defiantly. With shower shot it doesn’t, it’s enough to place the nozzle against your bumhole and let the water pressure push in. Sometimes though I take it inside as well, just depends how I’m feeling.

KingGrthy wrote:

mripguru wrote:

Do you mean on a squeezable douche bulb, or the shower shot?

for the douche bulb it needs to go inside defiantly. With shower shot it doesn’t, it’s enough to place the nozzle against your bumhole and let the water pressure push in. Sometimes though I take it inside as well, just depends how I’m feeling.

Correct.

I just tried the Colt Shower Shot tonight (had to return the bulb because it was defective - was a bit hard to use anyways) - it definitely got things clean down there.

I'm not sure if it's just my shower or not - but, the water flow didn't seem very strong (my usual showerhead is much stronger) and wasn't particularly orgasmic.

I'm also guessing that this isn't really meant to be inserted/used for more than a couple of minutes at a time.

I’ll have to be more careful when I make a reccomendation. I have a product called the shower shot but it’s more like this:
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22625 - didn’t realise what it was here.

Anyway, For an enema you just need to use it long enough to put the amount of water you want in. It isn’t really a sex toy in itself.

The shower is definitely the easiest way to go - less mess and less awkward manouvreing and perching on the loo x

Remember with the shower type kit, don't use it on a electric shower only one connected to the domestic hot water system.

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Remember with the shower type kit, don't use it on a electric shower only one connected to the domestic hot water system.

Why is that?

An electric shower conected directly to the mains is fed by fresh water.

A shower fed from the domestic hot water has warm water that will grow some nasty stuff.

Just ask a plumber to drink it.