Anal lube recommendations?

I'm experimenting more with anal play recently, and finding it a lot of fun. I was wondering whether anyone had a favourite lube they could recommend?

I have the Maximus Anal Lubricant and it does the job just fine, but it's the only anal lube I've ever used, so I find myself wondering if there's something even better out there that I've yet to discover.

The Lovehoney Discover lube is really thick but not gloopy or sticky, and I like Sliquid Sassy too :) Oh, and I've found that silicone (uberlube's my favourite) and oil-based lubes work really well for butt stuff too but oil-based lube isn't safe to use with condoms and you'll want to spot-test your toys with silicone.

sleepycelia wrote:

The Lovehoney Discover lube is really thick but not gloopy or sticky, and I like Sliquid Sassy too :) Oh, and I've found that silicone (uberlube's my favourite) and oil-based lubes work really well for butt stuff too but oil-based lube isn't safe to use with condoms and you'll want to spot-test your toys with silicone.

![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif) agree.

I use the LH Discover, Maximus or a silicone lube (as above, I don't use silicone lube on silicone toys)

Kaiser wrote:

sleepycelia wrote:

I use the LH Discover, Maximus or a silicone lube (as above, I don't use silicone lube on silicone toys)

+2 ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

I like the Maximus one that you already said :)

Purring-Pussy wrote:

Kaiser wrote:

sleepycelia wrote:

+3

Sum Sub wrote:

Purring-Pussy wrote:

Kaiser wrote:

sleepycelia wrote:

+3

+4

I love the anal jelly by doc personally :P

I would use Maximus, I bought a giant bottle almost a year ago and it's still going strong. The consistency is still very good, and it looks brand new. At first I absolutely loved the Lovehoney anal lubricant, it was a brilliant cheap alternative to Maximus, but after 6-8 months it turned from a nice thick consistency to basically pouring out of the bottle like water. I know lubricants have a shelf life but I was expecting more use out of it than 6 months worth.

Wow, you guys are awesome - I wasn't expecting so many people to answer, thank you so much. :) It sounds like I've got quite lucky on the first try by choosing the Maximus brand so I'll keep using that one, but I'll keep in mind the others mentioned (Discover in particular seems quite popular). I've made a promise to myself that I won't make any more Lovehoney orders until after Christmas.... let's see how long that lasts, lol.

ShinySparkle, is there anything particularly unique about the Pjur range that makes it worth the expense, do you think? Or could I get something pretty similar in performance for a better price?

Scorpius12 wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

Purring-Pussy wrote:

Kaiser wrote:

sleepycelia wrote:

+3

+4

+5 I love the LH one :)

I use the LH Discover. I've tried a few others but I've always come back to it. Thick and long lasting!

I bought the rear entry desensitizing one and its ok. I was a bit put off though because its advertised as a lube and you are encouraged to use plenty (according to the website write up of it) but when you get it, it says in the back "external use only" and theres a limit as to how much you can safely use!

with that in mind i tend to put a small amount of that on and then leave it for a few minutes to work, and then use love honey discover lube, and as much as i want, on whatever it is thats going in!

JM88 wrote:

I bought the rear entry desensitizing one and its ok. I was a bit put off though because its advertised as a lube and you are encouraged to use plenty (according to the website write up of it) but when you get it, it says in the back "external use only" and theres a limit as to how much you can safely use!

:( That's a pain JM88 (No pun intended, lol). I've always been curious about desensitizing lubes. What is the desensitizing experience like? I assume it means that it reduces any pain you might feel, but I'm a bit hesitant to try in case it just dulls down all sensations equally.

CutieCurious wrote:

JM88 wrote:

:( That's a pain JM88 (No pun intended, lol). I've always been curious about desensitizing lubes. What is the desensitizing experience like? I assume it means that it reduces any pain you might feel, but I'm a bit hesitant to try in case it just dulls down all sensations equally.

Im new to anal sex (only done it about 4 times in total) and three of those times i experienced stinging when the head of the penis went in. After a few minutes that wore off and then it was ok, if a little uncomfortable.

The last time we used the desensitising lube and left it for about ten minutes while i warmed up with small plugs. When we got to the sex, it just slipped in with no stinging at all and felt completely comfortable the whole time!

For me it was brilliant because i was expecting it to sting but as it didnt i found the whole session more enjoyable. It certainly didnt dull any feeling of the gentle thrusting. I only used a small amount around the hole and a little just inside. The rest was just LH anal lube for smoothness.

I'd highly recommend the Tracey Cox SuperSex Anal Lube, it's the best one we've used & I'll not use anything else.

I swear by the pjur range of anal lubes. They are really silky and don't dry out. They are specifically made for anal sex too.

Maximus has always been my lube of choice. Great consistency and a great price. Seems like you did get pretty lucky!

I made a couple of lube purchases this week and somehow managed to completely forget to order the ones recommended here - how is that even possible? I'm a daft mare sometimes. I'm going to have a pretty decent amount of OH points in January, so I'm determined to used them to buy lots of lovely recommended lubes!

While I'm asking for lube advice, I have another questions for you fine folks - do you tend to put lube on the toy/penis, on yourself, or both? I've just been automatically putting lube directly on the toy and I'm wondering if there's any difference.

My wife and I have found the Wicked Ultra to be the best all around lube. This includes anal, as we dabble in pegging a little. It stays consistent even through vigorous play. Give it a shot.