Anal prep

Just a quick question, do you folks use an anal douche or similar before anal play? My gf is keen to try but isn’t sure on hygiene grounds

2 Likes

I usually do. Mr 0 couldn’t care less but I will always usually insist . I just don’t feel comfortable and fail to relax and enjoy it if I haven’t. :woman_shrugging:. although there have been a few occasions more recently while in the moment i have just gone with it and managed to not even give it a second thought.

1 Like

It’s really a personal choice. As long as you make sure that you’re empty before penetration, it’s unlikely to be messy but obviously there’s always a risk with anal sex whether you douche first or not. I used to use a douche before anal sex but I found that it gave me an upset stomach for days afterwards so now I don’t bother. Regular douching can disrupt the balance of bacteria and the skin membranes which i think was the problem for me. I haven’t noticed any difference since I’ve stopped to be honest!

Apart from hygiene concerns, i think the most important thing is to make sure that the person being penetrated (your gf?) is ready and relaxed. Try using small butt plugs or dildos to warm up first. I wouldn’t recommend attempting anal sex without trying with toys first.

1 Like

Yes I use a douche about an hour beforehand and repeat it twice, I can’t do more than that or it’ll produce the opposite of what I’m trying to do. After thats all done then have a shower. It helps if you both also accept that its possible that what goes in may not come out clean.

Wanting anal honestly makes me eat better. I stick to the types of food containing the right fiber for my body. This helps me be more confident to do it.

2 Likes

We don’t. Just make sure it is clean outside and all is good. (And believe me, I do a lot of anal!)

4 Likes

Agreed with the comments made by @KinkyMira.

Anal is not something we plan it just occasionally happens. The key is making sure that you are relaxed, use plenty of lube and take it slowly.

3 Likes

As long as normal digestion is functioning well and you have evacuated slightly before hand , smooth sailing 99% of the time . I personally found anal duche caused more issues for me . For small toys , no prep needed , however when I go to huge toys I need to make room .

1 Like

I do occasionally not every time though as it can throw your body ph off

2 Likes

Just being clean and not doing anal straight after a bowel movement should avoid any fallout. Doing anal always has the slight risk of ‘brown willy’ upon withdrawal. If you are squeamish the use of a condom can provide you with a quick cleanup and disposal.

1 Like

We do a lot of anal, wife never preps. As long as she is empty she is good, never an accident. Me it depends. I can always tell if I need to douche, I douche maybe a fourth of the time. Only one accident and I think I over did it with the douche and water still present. So need to take that into consideration that a douche or enema can cause the opposite effect.

3 Likes

We just make sure we’ve showered well beforehand. Having read the experience of others about disruption of bacteria balance etc, we decided to stick to that.

2 Likes

I’ve never bothered with anal with any previous partner. If they wanted to, such as because it made them more comfortable etc then that’s cool with me. If they didn’t want to then that’s also cool.
For me, as the giver, if I am particularly offended by the idea of something ‘unplanned’ happening (read that as you want) then I probably shouldn’t be partaking in anal play.
We will shower before engaging in it though, but that’s just basic hygiene.

3 Likes

I use a shower attachment that screws onto the hose and goes straight up - does the job very well and also feels good too

2 Likes

This is my goal and why I consciously try to eat well. I’d love to not worry about it.

1 Like

We don’t do any prep. I’m less keen on playing with my ass if I’ve pooped recently and feel dirty, and I’ve never discussed with my wife if she considers her last movement before asking for anal. Sometimes poop happens. Comes with the territory. Clean up and move on.

2 Likes

When I first started with anal play, I used to douche regularly, and honestly, it always left my tummy feeling a little gross, almost the type of ache when you have diarrhoea. But as I got older, I tend not to do anal if I haven’t been for a number 2 that day already and cleaned up with fem fresh wipes after wiping (I live by fem fresh wipes).
And I love anal, and naturally my partner loves giving it. I haven’t douched in years and there has never been any mess!

At the end of the day, it’s going in the back door, and sometimes it can leave a mess, but it can be humiliating for the person receiving it. I think a large part of anal, is trusting that your partner won’t be upset by any accidents. Have cleanup handy, be it a bathroom or a wipe or something like that.

Lots of people use lube, and thats not a problem, i’m just thankful my partner gets me so wet that my natural lubricant is enough for him to… yano :heart_eyes: since lubes tend to irritate my skin with itching and can be uncomfortable afterwards.

Ease into it, make sure you’re both comfortable, don’t force it, and eventually it will be something you can enjoy regularly like me and my man, or just something you do when you’re especially in the mood!

Happy Humpin’!

I usually just do a quick shower/clean with wet wipe before hand.

Been meaning to use a douche, I even got one from Lovehoney a few months ago

I’ve never done any kind of prep. If it’s messy so be it, it’s just part and parcel.

2 Likes

Do u use condoms?

Nope