anal sex + condoms

My partner is keen on anal,which im happy to try,she is happy to try it without condoms,is it a choice thing or a health choice to use or not,im not fussed either as both have health checks in last week,advice is most welcome.

I've tried it once with and once without.

As with vaginal sex it's far better without a condom, however my OH and I have had no previous partners so we have no concerns over STD's.

I'm sure others could advise you better, but as long as you clean and don't go from front to back you should be ok.

My cock hasn't fallen off yet since going bareback, put it that way :)

firstly you can contract STI's and get pregnant from anal sex, if there is any doubt you will still need to use a condom to protect yourself.

Condoms can make everything easier as they are lubricated and make everything smoother. there is also the factor that they can be cleaner, although anal sex is not that messy anyway. Generally people use "extra safe" condoms to reduce the risk of them breaking. Flavoured condoms could also be cut apart and used as dental dams for activities such as rimming.

Health wise it would be better to find condoms that do not contain Nonoxynol 9, which is sometimes ( rarley in modern condoms) used as a spermicide. There is some scientific evidence that it can cause irritation to genital and anal tissue. Lovehoney have some awesome customer support, so it's worth e mailing them about ingredients if you whish to avoid this.

Condoms should always be used if you are going straight from anal sex to vaginal sex, to stop the risk of bacterial infection. The same rules applies to using toys as well

Whatever you decide, take time, use lube and enjoy yourselves

Just as an aside, you may want to look for a condom that's slightly thicker than what you may use for vaginal sex. As the anal passage is generally tighter than the vaginal passage, ultra thin condoms have a higher risk of tearing during anal (even with a liberal amount of lube).

As a nurse I know what germs are up there!! And he ain't going in there unless he wears a condom x

sweetlove666 wrote:

Condoms should always be used if you are going straight from anal sex to vaginal sex, to stop the risk of bacterial infection. The same rules applies to using toys as well

Whatever you decide, take time, use lube and enjoy yourselves

I think the above posts have mostly covered what I would say, especially the above post.

I would also add to stay away from any tingle style condoms. The anal tissue is very sensitive and can easily be irritated.

Invest in a good anal lube like maximus and talk to your partner about their preference too. The LH customer service team are great at advice for this sort of thing so I suggest giving them a ring.

Lots of people do have anal sex without, for some using a douche or enema provides peace of mind, although there will still be bacteria up there no matter how much you use them!

Go with whatever feels right for you :) Xx

I'm with dirty_boy on this one. No pregnancy worries as my partner has a coil, so it's bareback all the way (front and back). We don't douche beforehand either.

Obviously, no back to front because of cleanliness, and meticulous washing after the event is the order of the day.

We agree with the above comments about bareback being best, and about no back to front. We play bareback with some of our good friends and with those who do anal, the ladies always douche, we put a towel on the bed before we start and the men wash thoroughly before the next session.

Me and my OH never use comdoms we have both been tested for any STDs and are in a long tearm relationship so no worries! ;)

Anal without a condom would just freak me out im afraid.

Part of me says condoms for anal, but I prefer to go bareback, been with OH for many years so no issue with STDs etc, no history of Hep etc so feel free to indulge the joy of unhindered anal.

Well thank you for everybodies time in your replies.

Your very welcome.

ive had one partner who itried anal with for the first time and we used a condom , however my last partner , we didnt use a condom . . . and im MUCH prefer the sensation WITHOUT , but it is definitely the safer and more responsible move TO use them .

Chubber - whatever you decide in the end ... enjoy it. I think in all the years my OH and I have been together, that was one of the best sexual experiences we've shared together. Simply amazing.