Anal stretching safety

I have heard of certain bad/gross things that can happen if you overstretch yourself with anal toys, like tearing or a prolapse, something I definitely want to avoid. I was just wondering what the safe limit is or if this can only happen from using the toys too often. I currently have an inflatable butt plug that inflates to 5 inches wide. I was wondering if the trouble comes just from stretching this much in the first place or if I would only have issues if I were to use this toy too often. If so, how much is too often? Could I use this toy 2 or 3 times a week and be ok, or even more? I am guessing using it everyday is a bad idea? Basically I just want to know how to avoid serious issues (like a prolapse which could require surgery to fix) while still getting to use big toys. I hope that the size alone isn't a problem and that I can just be safe by not using them too often. Any help or advice would be appreciated, I just want to make sure I am being safe while still being able to enjoy big toys.

Hello someperson

Ask yourself, would you engage in any physical exercise without warming up first? Then after, would you allow yourself recovery time before the next thing you did?

Your ass and rectum need to be treated like any other part, warm up, activity & rest. Too much too soon for too long can store up problems. You havent mentioned how experienced you are but im guessing you have done anal for a while? The biggest danger with inflatables is too much too soon and the risks are strains & tears to the inner wall of the rectum; additionally stress being put on your inner/outer sphincter muscles. Rapid evacuation of large toys puts a lot of stress on your inner plumbing so easy does it.

There shouldnt be problems if you are gradual and follow the tried and tested mantras: 1)If its hurtin it aint workin 2) Dont run before you can walk & 3) Lube Lube Lube & Lube.

Personally I would suggest using a training system of graduating plugs to work out whats best for you; wear them in situ over time and you shoud find your ass becoming relaxed to accomodate larger toys eg:

http://www.extremerestraints.com/butt-plugs_1/rectal-dilator-kit_277.html

Hope this helps

I am new to toys but I have used other things in the past. When I use the inflatable butt plug I use lube and I start out by inflating it a little, then deflating it, then inflating it a little more than before, so that I do it in increments instead of all at once. I was also wondering if how often it is being used could be a problem. I assume using it everyday is bad, but I am just curious if there is a certain amount (per week or something) that I should stay under? How often is too often? And thank you for the help.

someperson wrote:

I am new to toys but I have used other things in the past. When I use the inflatable butt plug I use lube and I start out by inflating it a little, then deflating it, then inflating it a little more than before, so that I do it in increments instead of all at once. I was also wondering if how often it is being used could be a problem. I assume using it everyday is bad, but I am just curious if there is a certain amount (per week or something) that I should stay under? How often is too often? And thank you for the help.

Using daily shouldn't be a problem, if you a comfortable & feel that nothing is amiss then carry on as you are. I would add that it may be advisable to give yourself a rest every once & while initally, but you sound like you are being sensilbe.

Btw we have a large inflatable plug which we have been using (not daily) for a few years and are just fine.