anal toy cleaning regime

Hi all,

I was wondering what everyone elses anal toy cleaning regime was? I know mine is a bit over the top, but I get paranoid about anything that goes in the pooper. After use I wipe it off with an antibaterical wipe, then wash it with hot soapy water, then sterilise it with boiling water. Then before use its gets another antibac wipe and wash with soapy water.

I know it means they are clean for use, but it takes ages to set-up and is costing me a fortune in wipes!

whats wveryone elses?

Pretty much the same minus the wipes. Clean before and after use, sterlise when needed.

You can go ahead and skip the wipes though, it's the rinsing action that is the most important aspect of the cleaning really and with you sterlising it every time they're definitely not needed. Those wipes are more of a convienence thing, they're not going to add any extra cleaning on top of other cleaning methods. Don't be fooled by the whole 'antibacterial' thing. You could always buy a bottle of toy cleaner spray if you need the extra reasurrance of a dedicated cleaner, far cheaper than the wipes and you can use it in place of the soap :)

I'm just gonna chuck in here that the alkaline nature of soap and also the alcohol of the clensing wipes may be detrimental to the natural fauna of the anus, so would strongly recommend a last swill in *just* water prior to use!!

Thanks for the replies both, I'll definitely make sure to give it a final rinse to make sure its neutral for use and will skip the wipes and just spend the savings on more toys! ;)

Glass toys get a wash with soapy water. Silicone toys get a "dry" condom over them for insertion, problem solved.

As a life-long horseperson and pet owner I've had enough close encounters with muck of all sort to not worry at all about my own. Just don't put dirty toys or fingers on your face/into your mouth and keep them away from anything that will go into your mouth and you will be fine.

I'm almost embarassed to say I just use antibacterial soap and hot water (and rinse well with water to get all the soap off). Most of my toys for that region are glass though so they are super easy to clean.

I just clean with antibacterial wash after use and wipe it over before use. All of my anal toys are non pourous though so I am happy with that level of cleaning