Anal toy smell

Hey everyone,

I have a few different silicone toys from LH for anal play. After use, I wash them thoroughly with the LH toy cleaner but they still have a pretty strong odor. After letting them dry over night the smell is almost gone completely.

Is this normal or should a cleaner pretty much remove odors after rinsing?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum.

It’s pretty common for toys to retain smells for a period after use/cleaning. As you’ve discovered, it will go after leaving the toy to air dry for a while. If it is really bothering you try boiling it with a drop of vinegar (only do this if it is 100% silicone, no motor etc)

3 Likes

Dishwasher works well

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:
Yes I’d say that’s all reasonably normal, as long as you know you’ve cleaned them thoroughly and the smell goes within some time, it shouldn’t be anything to worry about. Some of my toys do the same also.

1 Like

I found a competitor’s cleaning spray worked far better to get anal toys back smelling fresh, but I’m scared to know what it’s made of because of how much it makes me cough if I breathe any :flushed:I haven’t had much success with LH cleaning sprays, but I haven’t used any new ones recently so they could have reformulated since I last bought mine.

I just stopped using silicone toys anally because the smell was so off putting to me that it made me not want to do anal. I now use either metal or glass - glass being my favourite. Glass and metal don’t retain odor in my experience and it feels cleaner, fresher and more enjoyable for me. I use a toy cleaner that isn’t from LH and it works way better than LH’s toy cleaners. Unfortunately, I can’t say which toy cleaner as it’s against the forum rules.

1 Like

It depends on the toy but we have found that a condom is quite effective when straying into the dark side.

Scrubbing with a nail brush is not recommended, in my experience. :confused:

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’ll give some of these tips a shot if the smell continues to linger. :blush: