Anal - Want to like it but didn't...

Hi everyone. The thought of anal is a big turn on for me and my partner loves it. After months of anal play and 'trying' we finally had full on anal penetration but it didn't feel as good as I thought it would. My partner is well endowed, but it was not painful, just felt....strange. I'm really disappointed for myself and my partner as he was buzzing for days after! I love using my butt plugs so I don't understand. Is this something I will start to enjoy as I get used to it or should I accept that I just don't like it?! ....xx

This post is no longer available.

It is very likely that you may need extra stimulation during anal sex as the anus does not contain the same nerve endings as the vagina.

We tried out various positions and now find that this works well for us.

My wife lies on her back with her bum raised on a wedge cushion, which raises the lower half of her body to a suitable height and angle for anal penetration. I kneel between her legs and initially penetrate her vagina while she uses a vibrator on her clitoris. Once she has had her first orgasm I move to her anus and she continues to use the vibrator to achieve more orgasms. The face to face position gives us a degree of intimacy missing from, for example, doggy style and it allows me to see if she is in any pain or discomfort too. Using the wedge cushion provides an ideal position for penetration and also allows enough room for her to use the vibrator as she prefers.

We also use the same position, roles reversed, when she pegs me with a strapless strap-on.

My advice would be to keep trying but relax, experiment and dont put any extra pressure on yourself. I'm sure you will come to enjoy the experience in time.

Thank you both!.... I will carry on and keep trying it. I do need clitoral stimulation to orgasam and I did this myself while we were in the doggy position so I did climax but enjoy vaginal sex so much more at this stage... I keep trying it and see how it goes....xx

Relax relax relax! After lube lube and more lube, I found that the more I had anal the more I relaxed and the more I started to enjoy it so don’t give up thinking it does nothing for you just keep experimenting and trying new positions. With a loving partner you will soon be getting more out of this different aspect of sex.

I always think that when you build up to something and expect it to be mindblowing there is always a risk expectations are too high. I think anal is something that takes practise and its not going to be instant screaming pleasure on first attempt even if butt plugs have worked. so do not be dissepointed.

Butt plugs are different, they sit there and make you feel full up whereas anal sex involves more thrusting and movement.

I dont really know anyone who enjoyed it first time and you describing the feeling as strange is just how i would describe it. But i would say stick with it, you can change those feelings into pleasure but it will take time, you need to retrain your mind to reinterperate those feelings into pleasure.

Did the thrusting cause the strange feelings? Slow the thrusting down, it takes a long time to get used to the feeling of thrusting (can sometimes bring on i need to poo feeling), its far more intense than something static in there.

i would second on rockstars position, maybe better to start on that than doggy. but try numerous positions.

Good luck and do not give up! Your not alone in how you feel.

Would like to try a butt plug or something never have had a toy used on me but wouldn't no where to start looking, Female friends have so try it love the look of ones with balls that get bigger, or a cock ring with anal stimulation, Any advice x

Naughty&sweet wrote:

Would like to try a butt plug or something never have had a toy used on me but wouldn't no where to start looking, Female friends have so try it love the look of ones with balls that get bigger, or a cock ring with anal stimulation, Any advice x

Try starting with a small to medium vibrating plug. Something like the Lovehoney Tinglers.

Great thank you will have a look in to that:) would love to see how it fills walking around or sitting shame not got partner to use it on me

Thanks for the tips to continue trying - We did it again and wow, it felt so much better - I loved it! It felt pleasurable and I can't wait to do it again!.. We used a large dildo and a bullet vib at the same time and it was great - amazing orgasm! I'm so glad I carried on trying...xx

That's great news Emma. I'll warn you though - it is very addictive!

Excellent Emma. What fun there is to be had from now on!

brill news Emma. Welcome to the world. Great you didnt give up.