Aneros wipes price hike!!!

I have always bought these wipes (packof 25) as they are dual purpose and easy to use both for my toys and personally. But sadly they have upped the price from £6.99 up to £9.99 per packet. I'm very disappointed and thought the old price was perfect. I'm not sure if i'll buy anymore from on here. Does anyone else buy wipes from anywhere else for a reasonable price?? Thankyou

I don't buy wipes for my toys, so sadly can't help :(

but just wanted to say you're not allowed to mention any competitiors by name (apart from on the pander to me thread)

Someone has recently mentioned wipes on the pander to me thread so may be worth keeping an eye out for their response?

I don't use ready-made wipes. I store my toys wrapped in paper towels, that's good enough for a quick wipe-off. In view of more thorough cleaning I've prepared a small bottle of Betadine/water mixture but I don't think I've ever used it.

I personally stick to cleaning sprays as I think they're less wasteful and more envionmentally friendly. The Lovehoney brand spray is really good!

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

I personally stick to cleaning sprays as I think they're less wasteful and more envionmentally friendly. The Lovehoney brand spray is really good!

+1 We use this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25004

BUT, in finding the link I've now discovered that it is being discontinued :(

10 out of 10 with over 375 reviews! - Strange that it is being discontinued, hopefully it is just a packaging change.

I thought £6.99 seemed very expensive for just 25 wipes anyway, I can't believe they're now charging £9.99!

I did use the Lovehoney toy cleaner which is quite good and goes a long way, however a few reviewers mentioned that it's not actually antibacterial so I've been a little put off using it since and I was on the lookout for a good antibacterial alternative.

Ragnar Lodbrok wrote:

I recently bought a pack of 36 Large Cleansing Surface Wipes manufactured by a well-known brand for £1.

They kill 99.9% of bacteria (90% allergens). If they are suitable enough for the cleaning of toilet seats, chopping boards and kitchen surfaces, they are certainly good enough to clean any sex toy.

You could then rinse/wipe the surface with warm, clean water (after first wiping your toy with a Cleansing Wipe) if you don't feel too happy with any excess cleansing residue on the surface of your toy.

Bargain!

Noooooooo! Please stick to using things that are designed for the job. You've no idea what's in these that could react with your toys, depending on what they're made from. They could also cause reactions with your body too, and rinsing them afterwards cannot guarantee complete removal on toys that are even slightly porous.

BarginHunta wrote:

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

+1 We use this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25004

BUT, in finding the link I've now discovered that it is being discontinued :(

10 out of 10 with over 375 reviews! - Strange that it is being discontinued, hopefully it is just a packaging change.

I was a bit disappointed with this news, too, so stocked up.

I don't use it every time. I tend to use wipes immediately after, then wash with a tea tree hand wash afterwards (if I'm sure the toy will take it), then the LH wash once or twice a week, just to keep everything super clean.

I don't think it's so much what we use, but how we use it - a bit like some people will consider a two-second splash a proper wash when we should be using the "happy birthday twice" rule.

Also, for those that really want nothing but anti-bac, you could always try the famous surgical soap (comes up when you Google it - I'm aware of the no names rule), that you can now get in the famous High Street chemist. As an aside, it's fab to use a fortnight before going in for an op to help reduce the risk of infection.

I came across the FSOG cleaner here not long after I stocked up on the LH one. This will be my alternative when I run out.

I find wipes a little over rated and none essential a good cleaning spray and wash is fine. I have ALOT of toys and i always use antibacterial soap and warm water then toy cleaner. I would need about 100 packs to clean the ammount of toys i use. May i add that most toys are fine with being washed and using anti bac soap on them (jelly being the exception but you can NEVER keep jelly toys clean they are pourous) sillicone, wood, metal and glass can all be cleaned this way and wont react!

Sillicone, Glass and Metal can all be starilized you can boil them steam sterilized them soak them in a 10% bleach solution. I use an old microwave sterilizer, just to make sure they are extra clean.

If you definitly want to stick to wipes then like Ragnar Lodbrok said you can fine anti bac wipes elsewhere, that are cheaper the main reason why toy wipes are expernsive is because they market them as such. If you can clean toys with bleach i am pretty sure some anti bac wipes wont affect your toys. If in doubt do a spot test on the base of the toy ect. alternatively you can get baby wipes to wipe your toy over the whilst using toy spray.