any plans for a use for friends lists here?

I know the chat box thing went many moons ago yet whenever i sign in and see a bunch of friend requests i think "whats the point?" As there nothing you can do with it

pretty much like this thread ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

Sum Sub wrote:

pretty much like this thread ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

LMAO. I needed a chuckle, thanks Sub.

Hehe. Nope I doubt there will be a use for the friendslist BUT if you like what people write you can add them to your frierndslist.

Naked_butler wrote:

I know the chat box thing went many moons ago yet whenever i sign in and see a bunch of friend requests i think "whats the point?" As there nothing you can do with it

I feel pretty much the same way. Was wondering if there's something I'm missing, or it's just plain pointless... I'm new here (so to speak) and was actually wondering if it's rude to ingore or decline friend requests, given, you can't do anything "personal" with them.

Would be great to have an "official" answer maybe in lights of the changes planned on the site.

I think there is no use at the moment - and if i remember correctly someone from LH also stated that somewhere in the forum... I guess it is just a leftover - maybe they'll find more use for it

The official answer has been given many times I'm afraid and it's a resounding no; no private chat again. Ever. They simply cannot moderate it. The changes coming to the oh! points system etc are totally seperate and do not involve bringing chat back in some chain reaction, they know they cannot moderate chat whereas they only thought they couldn't change oh!points but it turns out they could. Different scenarios :)

So no, it's not rude to ignore or decline the requests. It's nice to accept people you've actually interacted with but no need to unless you want to!

I think friends requests just make it easier if you have someone you talk to alot. It makes it easier to find their profile if you want to gift them, and to see waht threads they have been posting on etc...i know for a fact its easier for me having my 'friends' on a list so i can find them to gift etc....

Ahh so it can be used to gift ppl. I suppose that gives it a reason to keep friends list. I never understood why they left friends thing on here once all its uses were removed

In the past, there used to be a chat feature in the forum, which allowed you to chat with other members in the forum, outside posting.

However, I believe this was removed, because some pople complained that others started cybersex conversations without thei interest. So it was removed and never put back.

A bit of pity.Sometimes i wish I could take some topics "offline" with some forum members, into some more private place.

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

I think friends requests just make it easier if you have someone you talk to alot. It makes it easier to find their profile if you want to gift them, and to see waht threads they have been posting on etc...i know for a fact its easier for me having my 'friends' on a list so i can find them to gift etc....

I agree, but I must admit I only accept friends requests from people that I seem to have stuff in common with. I don't see the point in being friends with people that are into stuff I'm not. I would feather have 10 friends that I have things in common with rather that 100 strangers.

I think a lot of people make the friends requests to try to get you to send them gifts.

I gift who I want when I want, so they are wasting their time.

I started out only accepting friend requests from people who were active on the forum but someone pointed out to me that a person may want to be friends so that they can find you reviews easier etc, especially if they like your opinions.........I hadn't thought of this :)

There are no plans to being back private chat but a lot of forum members have twitter xx

I`ve had a couple of friend requests and accepted them out of politeness,even though there`s no real use other than,as Terri said finding their reviews etc.I have had friend requests on Facebook from friends of friends based on stuff i`ve said,i think they find me funny! So,i assume `friending` on here is a similar way of keeping track of people who share your views or you find interesting.