Anyone else a sex toy snob?

Just wondering. I've been reviewing for almost 4 years. I've tried hundreds of toys. I find that most of them just don't cut it anymore. It's not a bad thing, though. I spend a lot less wasted time on things that won't work for you. sometimes when I read reviews, I have to chuckle and think "Wait until you guys try a good toy!"

That's not snobbery that's just knowing what is great and what does it for you. One person's Orgasmic favourite is another's throw away.

I used to have lots of lower range toys but now 90% of my collection is luxury. Quality over quantity what I say.

With you there so many toys promise the world but just don't deliver and wish the budget would stretch to luxury!! Love the good looks of toys and wishing for the jade dildo from Coco, but hey ho, kids shoes first!! xx

Not snobbery just being particular and knowing what you like! xx

Snobbery is only using toys like the chroma which is terrible but seriously expensive.

Expensive and as good as the best cheaper counter part - snobbery, but terrible and seriously expensive is surely just plain bonkers

Well... I prefer rechargeable toys, which also hit the point of being strong and pleasurable for me and deliver. This is because I prefer not to worry about batteries too much - useful as I am saving my money after some time, plus I like the more functions and also the materials. This also means I think far more about what I buy and when. I prefer less things, as I am not likely to use them all to lot of cheaper toys. Not sure if its snobbery.

I like stone toys, and solid metal toys... but I also like silicone, and hard plastic toys, ceramic, and other cheaper materials.

Yes a lot of my awesome go-to toys are from the luxury and more experience range of sex toys. But I have a few amazing toys from the cheaper end of the market, such asthe Lovehoney Pin-Ups Bullet, which is under £20.

As long as a toy is body safe and functional, it doesn't matter if it retails at £5 or £500. Because, what's the point of spending loads on a toy which just sits there and either looks pretty, or spening a fiver on a toy which will just be a cute novelty.

Also, I'm not 100% on recharegables, as when the rechargeable battery dies, they are almost impossible to replace and you have to replace the whole toy. I like toys which take into account the size difference between rechargeable batteries and standard, so you can freely choose which you prefer, and replace when needed.

I don't know if I should consider myself a "toy snob" but I do tend to avoid and dismiss toys that take small amount of battery power like 1 AAA etc. Also, I've really taken a liking to USB powered toys like the Lelo Mia. I find it better than the mains powered rechargeable ones as it's a hassle to plug in and store the plugs and wires.

I agree with Nymphomaniac that I still have a varied range and I also have a Pin ups bullet and that texture is amazing. So I didn't mind the battery issue so much.

It purely depends on taste and preference- not so much snobbery. I think those that opt for a high-end luxury product initially are probably rooting for quality above anything.

My go to toy is also the Lovehoney Love egg retailed at £6.99..

One reason why I prefer rechargeables is that I was spending a small fortune on batteries when I was using regular ones. I do like my Pin Ups bullets, but N batteries are hard to get and expensive. And after few uses I can feel the bullet sort of loosing power. And then I have to replace them. This is actually one reason why rechargeables work better for me. I dare to say that by the time battery dies, I will have my money worth back. And would not mind buying new toy.

I do like the USB charge a lot. I am using Lelo Mia as my main toy, and especially when travelling, as in most cases I have my laptop with me, so its very easy to charge.

I wouldn't say I'm snobby in regards to what others have said here (I wish I could spend more on toys! £20 is kind of my celing at the moment...sigh!) I just hate pink. Just because I'm female doesn't mean I like pink! So avoid them at all times

Clover la Bonbon wrote:

I wouldn't say I'm snobby in regards to what others have said here (I wish I could spend more on toys! £20 is kind of my celing at the moment...sigh!) I just hate pink. Just because I'm female doesn't mean I like pink! So avoid them at all times

Im in the same boat as you at the moment :-( and 90% of the time £20 doesnt get you a great toy. Im gonna start a toy fund, maybe ill make a swear box ;-)

I think its best to have one or two £30+ toys and then some cheaper toys to keep thing interesting. I don't see the point in saving up and getting a expensive toy because i would get board after a few weeks ;-)

But if i had the money to buy expensove toys i would be a snob about cheaper toys lol

i def think the luxury brands are worth the money

love your toy colection

I've turned up my nose at as many Lelos and Jimmyjane toys as though from CEN.

I'm with you, http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/nymeria/, about the battery. I need at least 2AAs. Anything under just isn't strong enough.http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/nymeria/

rechargeable definately best