Anyone have USB rechargeable vibrators? Quick question

I've seen a few USB rechargeable vibrators and wondered if the only way to charge these is on a laptop? Sorry if I'm being blonde! Can you get a mains plug so you can do it from the wall? What do people do if you don't have a laptop? Thanks! X

Nope!

Much like your mobile, you can charge it from anywhere with a usb cable

I have a fair few USB rechargeable toys now and although I use my laptop to charge them regularly, this is simply because it's convenient. I have charged toys through my iPhone plug before by removing the phone cable and replacing it with the toys :)

Aldi have started selling USB sockets, my fella is going to put one in for me but I gave t don't it yet!

i have a number of USB toys i don't charge them via a compuer/laptop even though it would be convenient ,for personal privacy i use a USB plug that i bought years ago to be able to charge my iRiver and iPod mp3 players away from my laptop. if my laptop was my only source for charging USB toys there is no way i'd have the rechargable collection i do now. things like the silencer bullet an unsuspecting person might think is a USB stick but there is no mistaking what a rabbit/tounge vibe/sqweel go is

you can buy a USB plug off here, or get one off eBay/Amazon etc. they'll charge any USB device not just sex toys

Thanks for the advice everyone...I do have the iPhone plug which I will try. I'm a bit weary of the mixing of chargers but as long as I don't leave the house...this could be good :) thank you x

I plug mine into my iphone charging plug and it works just fine. Been doing this for over a year and it hasn't damaged anything.

Recently I've discovered that my Bluetooth headphones (by mail order from China) also have a USB cable in a wall unit. By the way, the Continental version of the Denia has the same setup - a USB cable in a wall plug.

The only problem is that in theory the charge current should be adapted to the item's battery capacity - it's recommended to charge a 2000 mAh AA battery at 500 mA (assuming one has a "smart" charger where one can choose the charge current. Btw., the better battery chargers also sometimes have a USB port.). And not all chargers carry a sticker with the electrical specification, and not for all toys are the battery specs available.

What I do know is that the Continental 700 mA 5V charger that is sold with the Mona 2 is not the perfect one for the toy's 500 mAH 3.7V battery...

I charge mine through my iphone USB plug, as I find few things more annoying than toy charging cable hanging from my laptop, which I may move round my house ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) So far I did not have any issue with it, fingers crossed and I been doing it for year and half now?

I'm doing the same - what else is there to do? My office not being off-limits to visitors, I charge my toys in my bedroom. (Besides, I'm hoping that the phone doesn't have a very powerful battery and therefore not a very powerful charger either... )

Oh, and I've just found another USB plug: It came with my digital camera (Panasonic) with an output of 5 V 800 mA. The world (or at least my house) is full of USB plugs once one starts looking ;) (I hadn't ever noticed before getting sex toys...)

I use the USB plug that came with my Kindle forever ago, but I also use a bunch of other plugs/sockets from various sources. Not yet had an issue.

Lovehoney actually sell a plug themselves which works just fine, although it's not high powered enough to charge anything besides toys, so it's not as multi purpose as the non-toy ones I use to charge toys.

LLHR wrote:

I've seen a few USB rechargeable vibrators and wondered if the only way to charge these is on a laptop? Sorry if I'm being blonde! Can you get a mains plug so you can do it from the wall? What do people do if you don't have a laptop? Thanks! X

I'm glad you asked this question LLHR because last year I bought a rechargeable vibe from a rival shop, it wasn't a cheap one, two months later it stopped working, I had turned it on earlier in the eve and later on when I turned it on again, nothing, I presumed it had run out of charge and charged it using my iPhone plug, still nothing. The next day I rang the shop and was told to take it back. When I entered the shop the manager said she would need to test it before anything could be done, she then proceeded to put on a pair of latex gloves take it out the bag and asked us to come back in half an hour. Thank goodness there were no other customers in the shop, I was mortified. It was broken and it was exchanged, but I have been worried about charging the new on in case it was the mains charger. I was not impressed with the customer service I must say.

Elelou44 wrote:

.... I was not impressed with the customer service I must say.

Why? Because the vendor wanted to check whether the item really was malfunctioning? That's perfectly normal - I believe LH are the only retailer in the whole world which take items back no questions asked...

As for being mortified when the manager unpacked the vibe - you weren't invisible when you bought it, so what's different about returning the item? When buying from a brick and mortar store there's always the risk of running into one's boss or colleagues while shopping...

I recently fitted a new double socket with 2 built in USB sockets next to my OH's side of the bed specifically for charging her USB toys! Keeps the sockets free for her alarm clock and bedside light and most importantly her toys charged ready to go!!! Her friends think it's hilarious!!!

Talia wrote:

Elelou44 wrote:

.... I was not impressed with the customer service I must say.

Why? Because the vendor wanted to check whether the item really was malfunctioning? That's perfectly normal - I believe LH are the only retailer in the whole world which take items back no questions asked...

As for being mortified when the manager unpacked the vibe - you weren't invisible when you bought it, so what's different about returning the item? When buying from a brick and mortar store there's always the risk of running into one's boss or colleagues while shopping...

I fully expected the vendor to test the item, I had rung the shop first. I thought there might have been a bit more discretion used when I returned the vibe, the till is by the shop front, I didn't expect her to don gloves and take it out in the shop,inspect it, only to then take it into the back room. I'm not worried about other like minded Shoppers but a bit embarrassed showing the general viewing public lol. I expected to be treated with the same curtsy I'm treated with when Ive purchased the many items I have in the past and I was not.

Whilst browsing in the shop in the minutes after I also overheard the vendor on the phone to another customer about a faulty item, and to be honest she was quite rude to that person. Sufficed to say I will be shopping with love honey from now on. I guess I have a low tolerance for rudeness. 😳

I plug mine into my phone plug, it seems to charge quicker than the laptop.