Anyone managed to successfully slow down the Hitachi Magic Wand?

I find that the Hitachi Magic Wand Rechargeable makes me feel numb on the lowest setting (2700 rpm, 45 Hz). On the pattern where it goes up and then down, I like it when goes really slow and would like it to constantly stay at this speed. I bought the " Lutron Credenza Plug-in Dimmer for Halogen and Incandescent Bulbs, with Locator Light" from amazon.com, but it doesn’t change the speed at all. Is there a dimmer that works? It’s a shame there isn’t a a rumbly alternative wand that fits the same attachments (the We-Vibe Wand is discontinued, the Doxy Die Cast has a high failure rate)…

2 Likes

Hi @Jaffy :wave: Welcome to the forum! I’m afraid i don’t have any suggestions regarding the wand but have you thought about a rumbly pebble vibrator instead? My other thought is to try using the wand through clothing or another material as that will reduce numbing effect.

1 Like

Online people seem to modify the cored Hitachi wand in all different ways. I really like the Lovehoney wand because you can adjust the power level through the scroll wheel

2 Likes

The Lelo Smart Wand in large should fit attachments and has a good rumble to it. Or the Lovehoney Classic Wand like @willrett02 suggested. Doesn’t quite match up power wise but you might find that better.

If you’d rather modify what you have though, you could put a simple penis masturbator sleeve or a Tenga Egg over the head. It won’t slow the vibration but will dampen them.

Alternatively, like @Kitty-Cat01 suggests, maybe go for a different style of toy? Is there something about the full sized wands you are particularly after? The Lovense Domi is supposed to be pretty powerful and rumbly and you get a fair amount of control with the app. Otherwise there are air pulse toys which are designed to be intense but without the direct contact that can lead to numbness

3 Likes

I’m not sure if LoveHoney offers it anymore but the Hot Octopus Amo is the most rumbly and slower bullet we have. Definitely more different in vibrations then all the other vibrators we have.

1 Like

I don’t understand how a dimmer plug for bulbs would reduce the power on a wand, is that possible?

I like toys that are low and slow but I do also love the Desire wand even though its a little more powerful than low and slow. The rumbles are lovely. I have the lovehoney classic wand and for me thats really buzzy, I’m not entirely sure why I’ve not gotten rid of it yet.

I’m not sure about attachments and I’ve never considered the Hitachi because its so powerful so can really only suggest trying alternative products. Mantric products are pretty popular.

I actually just ordered a few attachments for my original magic wand plug in that look potentially great. Not from LH tho. One is a trigasm for clit gspot and anal, another one looks like a scrubber? Its got little nodules on a circular pad, super soft, and a prostate massager that’s supposed to be amazing. I would think the the sensations will be different and more friendly?

1 Like