App for Lovehoney

If your like me I have to click on to my emails then click the link to get onto the site. Just wonder if a app would make things easier. Maybe it's something that lovehoney can do.

1 Like

I just type the address into the addresss bar once I'm online. I usually get as far a www.l and then it remembers the rest and off we go.

If I click on emails on my phone I get a warning in a big red box: ADULT SITE - RETURN TO SAFETY, and it won't let me go any further. I don't know how to alter the settings, or how to reply: I AM AN ADULT!

1 Like

MsR, you probably need to go into the privacy settings on your account. I can`t use sites like Lovehoney at work because the free wi-fi won`t allow it. So i visit using my data, but recently i had a similar warning as you. I am with Virgin, and as our household internet and phones are Virgin, my OH had to change the settings as she`s the nominated admin of the account. I`m guessing this is for families with young children all using the account, so individual phones can be blocked from visiting adult content. As you say, it`s frustrating, especially if there`s only adults in the house! If you can`t alter it yourself, contact your provider to help.

1 Like

Personally I would love an android app for Lovehoney.

3 Likes

I also love the idea of an App, I've been thinking for a while Lovehoney need one!

2 Likes

Married Girl wrote:

I also love the idea of an App, I've been thinking for a while Lovehoney need one!

What sort of features would you like it to have?
1 Like

I think the main thing I would like is quicker access to the forums rather than having to sign in again after 20 mins or so and then go to my account then community. I'm sure there is a quicker route than this but this has become my go to method.

I guess with an app I could also receive notifications on replies to posts and threads I'm following.

I think I'm asking more for an app for the forum rather than the entire site šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

4 Likes

There did used to be an app but I think they had difficulties with Apple in particular because of the sexual content (not that the app was sexually graphic, just they fact it was sex toys)

I would love to have a Lovehoney app. Like others have said I have found it easier to add the web page to my home screen for a easier short cut and allows me to scroll through the site quicker. I am surprised that there isnā€™t and app though and I would definitely download it if they got one.

Love the idea of an app for Lovehoney, most of the sports/bike online stores have on & I think having on for Lovehoney would be a great way of accessing the products & content on the site.

1 Like

I have noticed that since i pinned the Lovehoney forum to my phone homescreen, it circumvents the free wifi at work security that stops you visiting over 18 sites!

Itā€™s a different domain. :+1::slightly_smiling_face: (so it may be blocked in the future if an ISP later decides itā€™s adult content).

1 Like

Fingers crossed! It just means i donā€™t have to switch to data! :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree with @Blonde_Bunny

2 Likes

This is an old topic that pre-dates the forum upgrade. There is now a Lovehoney Forum app that does all of the things @Blonde_Bunny suggested. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

@Ian_Chimp yes you are totally right :rofl:
So quick question, is there a way to get notifications to come up on the app icon on my phone?
Iā€™ll check my phone settings and see if I can do it from there. As I donā€™t currently get them.

Also it seems that you are a LoveHoney Guru - please let me ask you about something else thatā€™s bothering me.
Everytime Iā€™m using LH, like shopping or browsing or whatever - Iā€™ll go and maybe use a different app or sometimes Iā€™ll just go do something and put my phone down for an hour.
When I come back to LH, I keep needing to sign back in again. I have my password saved but I donā€™t know why I keep getting logged out throughout the day.
I mean I wouldnā€™t mind if I just had to re-login once a day.
Is there something you can think of that Iā€™m doing or not doing?
Thanks

ETA
So I checked my phone settings and the notifications are all on. So Iā€™m not sure why I arenā€™t seeing any.

1 Like

Just installed the app :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: excited to not have to keep switching tabs when Iā€™m browsing :rofl:

1 Like

Have you tried setting the notifications on your profile in the app? Thereā€™s an option under preferences, notifications, turn on live notifications.

1 Like

There is indeed. :+1: If you go to your Preferences/Notifications page thereā€™s the option to enable Live Notifications at the bottom. I think you may also have to enable them in the app settings on your phone too, depending on the device/defaults.

The main site forgets me pretty quickly some days, but the forum remembers me. Do you have ā€˜forget my historyā€™ or something like that set on your browser?

I just wish it was a standalone app and not linked to my browser history. When I delete my browser history it deletes my login on the Lovehoney app so I have to log in again. Itā€™s not too bad if I havenā€™t spent too long here but when you read one thread then go to another then back & forward etc etc thereā€™s a lot of history. Is there any way round this @Lovehoney_Brenna? Like a completely separate app?
@AJSTAR

2 Likes