Are you ever ashamed of how much you buy/spend on LH?

Well said Chef!!!

I do feel guilty but I think thats mostly because I buy myself lots of toys and my OH only has 3! But like others have said there are worst things to spend your money on.

I don't smoke, I can't drink, (due to the amount of meds I take) I don't have any kids, I live with my OHs mom so I only the only bills I have to worry about are her weekly board, my weekly shopping and pet insurance once a month. I guess I should be saving as much extra cash as I can for when I move out but lovehoney is the devil and take all my moolar.

Kitty_McPlunder wrote:

I did a forum search but couldn't find somewhere that seemed right to say this.

Ok, so I know it's my money and I can spend it however I like, but I'm starting to feel really bad about how much I buy from LH. I'm not entirely sure why either. I'm a very sensitive person and I take things to heart all the time, but I just can't help it, I've always been like it, and I think thats part of the reason why I feel bad. I think I'm worried that someone (namely my OH) will look up and say something like "Haven't you got enough sex toys?" or "You spent HOW MUCH on a toy??!"

I ask because I'm really close to buying this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17990

but with the way I'm feeling at the moment I'm seriously considering choosing special delivery for a day when I know the OH will be away, and thus won't see "yet another" package from LH - let alone see the price!

I spent £150 on sex toys the other week... and the way i see it, is if I have the money and by spending it on sex toys I am not making my OH miss out on anything or making it so i'm getting into debt or cannot pay my bills... then its fine!! I get more enjoyment out of a sex toy than a night out getting pissed so I justify it that way!

Well I did it.

I used that 10% off code and went for the Rends controller and bullet, and a book - "Maid to Order" - which comes with an Aquagasm vibe.

I chose delivery for tomorrow and I'm just hoping that it arrives when the OH is at work, but if not I'm just gonna say that its an early birthday present to myself!!

I do feel alot better about it after reading this thread.

I've already spent £100 in a month on sextoys but everytime i think i don't need anything else, I always find something I want to buy. My eyes are on a kegel exercise machine and a g-spot vibrator and will probably be my next order in a short time

I love having a nice variety of goodies so i can pick n choose what i want to play with depending upon how im feeling at the time. However i do feel that i spend more money on toys than i should do and i think my better half feels the same. I think its getting to the point where i should set myself a budget each month before i do truly become addicted... saying that im defo getting the bondage and couple bags if i can x

Kitty_McPlunder wrote:

Well I did it.

I used that 10% off code and went for the Rends controller and bullet, and a book - "Maid to Order" - which comes with an Aquagasm vibe.

I chose delivery for tomorrow and I'm just hoping that it arrives when the OH is at work, but if not I'm just gonna say that its an early birthday present to myself!!

I do feel alot better about it after reading this thread. External Media

Hope you review it- I wanna hear what those 50 functions are like!

I feel a bit guilty spending big sums of money on myself no matter what I'm buying- even if it's a new pair of shoes or a mobile phone. So I feel slightly guilty in that sense.

An ex of mine was really into computer games and spent hundreds on the latest games, consoles and accessories- I don't see how buying things on here is any different..

I guess we all have our addictions (things that give us pleasure).

I've only just joined here today. I ordered yesterday, after thinking for awhile and trying to find the right site, and right stuff. Am looking forward to getting it!

YesChef has a point. I actually used to drink quite a bit, but stopped recently drinking at all. So I figure all the money I save by not drinking (and some nights not going out even if I used to), buying something like this is a good 'treat'.

I am happy about what i spend on here i just wish i had more money to spend. I think it is important to have a good variety of toys to spice up bedroom fun : ) x

hey better then beer sweeter then chocolate and longer lasting.and any hangovers feel better then from a piss upxx

ooo let me know what that book is like please kitty :) Had my eye on it for a while and as it's book of the mouth I might treat myself :)

I probably do, but it's met with "what did you buy now...can we use it now?" from the Mister.

I work full time and hardly ever go out. Sex and sleep are all I have.

chipNroll wrote:

Hope you review it- I wanna hear what those 50 functions are like!

I feel a bit guilty spending big sums of money on myself no matter what I'm buying- even if it's a new pair of shoes or a mobile phone. So I feel slightly guilty in that sense.

An ex of mine was really into computer games and spent hundreds on the latest games, consoles and accessories- I don't see how buying things on here is any different..

My OH is very much into his gadgets and video games, he got the new Halo game yesterday for £40, so it doesn't feel too bad that I spent £50 on myself today.

See I don't feel guilty spending money on me, I just have to be able to justify it.

I don't drink, get my hair dyed (or even cut very often) or my nails done, I don't spend a lot of money on make up, clothes, shoes or bags. My board is cheap, I spend very little on food and now I have a good collection of make up and nail stuff I don't spend on that anymore and I pick up lots of freebies. So I could justify spending money on me but I will only justify it if it's going to add something to my life - either I *really really* want it, or I need it, or I'm replacing something.

It's because I'm in saving mode right now, I spend what is absolutely necessary, plus a little bit extra and everything else goes into savings.

Adx

I never feel bad about spending money on myself. If I have the money and I dont need it for anything more important, why not spend it? You only live once.

When you out it that way kitty it really doesn't seem bad at all. My OH is big on his games too. Not so much now because of moving to uni but he use to often get new games for the ps3/wii and he plays wow too. Plus the sex toys get used together so it's not selfish at all really.

I guess it can only start to be a problem when people spend money they don't have but that goes for anything really.

Yeah, I always feel bad a about it almost as soon as I've ordered something... Like others I generally feel bad about buying stuff for myself so it's not unusual. Also, I tend to have a few favourite toys I use all the time whilst the others get used rarely or never. I try to be selective about what I buy but sometimes I get seduced by special offers!

I do have favourites of course, but I can honestly say that I use most of the stuff (vibrators, anal toys, etc) at least every now and then, just to spice things up a bit!

I've just had a quick rummage through my toy box, and theres only 2 things that I never use, one I bought when it was DOTD for £3, and I find it uncomfortable and extrememly loud (What can I say? - I was suckered in by the price!) And the other was a tester from LH. It's a good starter toy, but the vibes just aren't powerful enough for me, but I didn't spend any money on that one, so no guilt there.

Overall I do use a good few of my toys, so it's not like most of them are gathering dust!