Are you ever ashamed of how much you buy/spend on LH?

I did a forum search but couldn't find somewhere that seemed right to say this.

Ok, so I know it's my money and I can spend it however I like, but I'm starting to feel really bad about how much I buy from LH. I'm not entirely sure why either. I'm a very sensitive person and I take things to heart all the time, but I just can't help it, I've always been like it, and I think thats part of the reason why I feel bad. I think I'm worried that someone (namely my OH) will look up and say something like "Haven't you got enough sex toys?" or "You spent HOW MUCH on a toy??!"

I ask because I'm really close to buying this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17990

but with the way I'm feeling at the moment I'm seriously considering choosing special delivery for a day when I know the OH will be away, and thus won't see "yet another" package from LH - let alone see the price!

Good question Kitty, I have often thought similar, especially when I sorted them out the other day and took a picture of them all.... I did wonder what else I could have spent the money on, given that although I have so many, I have two clear favourites that get used soooo much and the others spend most of the time in the drawer...

However, I'm single, no kids, bills are paid and I enjoy trying different toys and finding new things that work for me.

I don't think you should feel bad, lots of women indulge in shoes, handbags or makeup, we just choose sextoys, haha!

As for what you want to buy, add something dead cheap and you'll get special delivery for free

Ergggg, yes I probably do spend too much on sex toys but my choices are becoming better so I dont find myself wasting money as much as I used to.

Ah yes, I would definitely add a cheeky chocolate bum to my order (£1) so I could get the special delivery free, thats for sure.

I never thought of it like handbags or shoes before.... That definitely puts it in perspective a lot more though.

Ahhhhh yes MTC, thats a fantastic way to put it!

That's how I balance it in my mind, haha!

I used to be addicted to handbags, now its changed and the toys definitely give me much pleasure ;-)

Or... Use the greatsex code, save a fiver and then buy something for 6 quid!

Errr... Nope. Not really. I don't really spend that much anyway and I have very little I want in general really.

I have no doubt that if I had a credit card then I would be desperately addicted to buying from LH! But at the moment my shameful addiction is Lush. I spent €30 on a scented candle in there the other day, my boyfriend almost died when I told him how much it cost! I'd love to be able to pay by Laser on LH so I could get things more easily, but on the other hand I'm kind of glad I can't... it would be so dangerous!

I do feel quite guilty and in fact I've stopped getting as much stuff recently because of that. I still like lingere because I love surprising DD and there are a couple of toys I fancy but basically I only get stuff I really, really want now.

E.g. I don't want to try any more insertables at all. I quite like my glass dildo and quite like another silicone one that I have but I've admitted defeat and realised that I'm just so much more interested in clitoral stimulation when masturbating. I am leaving penetration in the capable hands (and cock) of DD!

xxKPxx

no i love spending on LH no idea what i have spent but i dont think i could do without, sex toys are my drug i dont spend on fags or drink so i spend on what i enjoy spending on

I Don't actually spend all that much on lovehoney =/ i haven't got enough money to spend, therefore don't feel guilty spending the tiny amount i do!

i have lots of toys and until i see something i really want i won't be buying anymore vibrators, i haven't really bought that many full price, most have been grab bags, testers, or sale items so it doesn't bother me,

theres a few toys i don't like so when we have the money we're going to send them to rabbit anmesty and get a half price rabbit but thats all,

then we can save up to get a decent bondage range!

VW x

Vampyrewillow wrote:

I Don't actually spend all that much on lovehoney =/ i haven't got enough money to spend, therefore don't feel guilty spending the tiny amount i do!

i have lots of toys and until i see something i really want i won't be buying anymore vibrators, i haven't really bought that many full price, most have been grab bags, testers, or sale items so it doesn't bother me,

theres a few toys i don't like so when we have the money we're going to send them to rabbit anmesty and get a half price rabbit but thats all,

then we can save up to get a decent bondage range!

VW x

great idea VW you might as well spend on what you want.

I always feel really guilty, especially being a skint student! But at the end of the day, it is my hard earned money and I need a treat now and again! xx

Starlight* wrote:

I always feel really guilty, especially being a skint student! But at the end of the day, it is my hard earned money and I need a treat now and again! xx

See I can't buy anything that is used up or I feel lit's a waste. Candles or massage oils seems such a waste!

Not ashamed, No, Concerned, Maybe.

When it come to Toys, I think my main weakness, Weirdly enough is the Geek in me lol.

I've spentshit loads over the past few years on my home cinema, Computer collection, Consoles and high-end hifi gear, As well as many techy gadgets and gizmos, So a lot of the new toys kinda feed both my high libido and my love for technology!

Yeh I'm a certified Nerdy Nymphomaniac, Oh, And a Cunning-Linguist lmao.

I'm ashamed, I totally dont spend enough on here lol! It's actually been months since I bought anything for myself on here.

Will be changing very soon though. A vibe I've been wanting for a while is coming back into stock tomorrow, I'm waiting on a bondage grab bag and I'm considering getting something from the rabbit amnesty too. :P

A most cunning linguist indeed

Ppl tell me my linguistic skills are quite high and my ex will tell you my cunnylingus skills are just about as good ^_^

Futa_deep_fisting wrote:

A most cunning linguist indeed

Ppl tell me my linguistic skills are quite high and my ex will tell you my cunnylingus skills are just about as good ^_^

Don't you mean cunnilingus?External Media

Aye, i feel bad, but then I feel bad spending any money on myself. Even today, I bought a new bra, because all the ones I had were so old they weren't supporting me, and I was literally in tears with the back pain, but I still felt like I was doing something wrong. So I'm a bit mental anyway.

And, as MTC mentioned, I don't spend money on getting my hair and nails done in a salon, or fancy clothes and shoes, or even drink that much, and I definitely don't spend money that would be needed for more important things, so a little treat for myself now and then isn't exactly a crime. But no amount of logic will get past my Catholid-upbringing-installed guilt complex over doing anything selfish. :)

I don't feel particularly guilty about what I've bought so far. I haven't bought a huge amount, admittedly, and nothing that I have bought was that expensive, but as a general principle I think buying sex toys is basically an investment in your future pleasure.

If you go out and spend £30 on a night out, you'll probably have a pretty good time, maybe feel a bit rough the next day, and you'll be £30 poorer. Spend £30 on a toy, and you're going to have quite a few pretty good nights in.

It's also better for you - alcohol, tobacco and other vices are generally detrimental to your health, but sex is good for you - burns calories, improves your fitness and generates loads of endorphins; and depending on what you're doing, can lower your risks of cancer, heart disease and all sort of other things. Some sexual activity can be hazardous - not just the STD risk, and the more 'out there' paraphilias; you've probably all heard a few urban myths of the household objects people have had surgically removed from orifices.

Sex toys are designed for what they're used for. Using toys is pretty much the safest sexual activity there is, it's really good for you, and a single expenditure can set you up with a toy that will give you pleasure for many years. Surely you should feel guilty if you haven't got a toy collection?