Artificial Hymen

http://www.gigimo.com/main/product/Artificial,Virginity,Hymen,2299.php?prod=2299
Hmm, interesting! Very... unique product.

Good article on it here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/06/egyptians_uptight/

What do you guys/gals think? Ever seen anything like it before?

That's just mental!

Just goes to show how lucky we are not to live in a society where we might need to use this...

Thats superly bad, lol.

Thats a huuuuuuge no go for me, dont think many people want the old hymen back, lol

xxx

I find it disturbing that the product description lists one of the main causes of original hymen loss is "Wearing a tampon for the first time".

In my opinion, if a reputable product is marketed by a reputable company, then they tend to have product descriptions in good English which has at least been spell checked. Aside from the English and spelling being atrocious, I consider the misinformation about the tampon to be just vile. People who won't know better might buy this thinking they've lost their virginity to a tampon when they haven't. I think that's sick and unethical marketing.

And if they're wrong about the tampon, who's to say their assertions of product safety are any more reliable?

I heard about this recently and the banning of it in egypt. I know they used to have a priest test a woman for virginity by having sex with her first himself (dont know how that worked) but how can they tell now. I doubt every man takes a crash course in gynecology before marriage in order to assess the situation himself. I would just figure that if you're the type of woman that values virginity before marriage then you shouldnt be looking for ways to cover up losing it and if you dont care then find a man who feels the same.

just really mad!

however there will be a market for this as i remeber watching a program on tv about muslim women who was going through ops to have there hymen re built as they was scared there husband and husbands family would find out they wasnt virgins and so would be outcasted or worse.

its really sad that people really feel the need to have said op or to use these things esp on this day and age.

Dxx

Wow- I really hope that's designed for use in role play. I can sort of see the appeal of playing first time if you get your kinks from virginity but want a committed relationship.

I've never understood all this hymen fuss. I didn't bleed the first time I had sex so I assume my hymen was broken previously (I remember that I bled a little after a heavy fumbling session with a boy, although it wasn't our first playtime just to add to the irony!) but that does mean I was any less of a virgin. It's like these stupid mothers who won't let their daughters use tampons because then she won't be a virgin. State of mind! Not state of biology!

Sorry end of rant!

Duh- should read 'that DOESN'T' not 'that does'. Context typo!

I have to say the fake hymen thing is a little bit bizzarre...I'm not easily surprised but this made me look twice!

The hymen thing has always been a bit of a mystery to me too: as far as I'm concerned you're a virgin till you have sex and then you're not. I'm pretty sure my hymen tore when I was doing gymnastics: I remember some bleeding after an incident when a split leap failed and I fell astride the beam - ouch! I don't consider that I lost my virginity to that beam though!

I consider I lost my virginity twice: once with a girl and once with a boy! Virginity is an odd thing if you stick to the strict penis-in-vagina definition because I for one can testify that lesbians definately fuck therefore aren't virgins and yet there's no cocks allowed (new boy band perhaps?!). Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent but at least it's less random than some of my musings!

xxKPxx

It does beg the question - what were you googling for?!

Utterly bizarre! Can see it almost being as big a seller as that dog toy!!!

The only time I've bled from sex was about a month after I lost my virginity!!

x

neptune188 - oh, this and that >_>

The hymen/virginity thing is just bizarre to me, makes no sense other than a religious context, which in itself doesn't make any sense from an objective viewpoint. I've heard all sorts of arguments for what actually constitutes 'losing your virginity' (penis in vagina, just oral, anal doesn't count, etc etc) and they all seem as convincing to me as the next. Which is to say, they mean nothing to me, and it apppears to me to be a religious idea we should have jettisoned long ago. Sexuality has opened and progressed to the point that notions of exactly what 'virginity' is has become so subjective to what a person wants to to be, that it's meaningless in any context outside the personal. And even then some bastard like me is going to argue with you about it :)

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but it's a religious thing again, and it means nothing to me.

Now, if only I could convince whacko cultures that it really shouldn't matter...

Yeah, like I said, we're lucky to live in a society where virginity is not an issue anymore... in fact, the longer you have it, it can become a problem rather than a virtue.

The fact that such a product exists is really quite scary. It's easy to forget that not every culture is as sexually liberated as ours, and not all women have the right to enjoy their own body the way we do.

one thing though... were taking about it being used by people from other countrys or in this country with strong views on sex before being married however these kind of country or religouse belifes would stop people from coming onto sites that sell this product would they not?

ie for the reason there is the mango toy?

just a thought and not very well put

Dxx

diamonds wrote:

one thing though... were taking about it being used by people from other countrys or in this country with strong views on sex before being married however these kind of country or religouse belifes would stop people from coming onto sites that sell this product would they not?

ie for the reason there is the mango toy?

just a thought and not very well put

Dxx

I know what you mean, alright... but I guess that's just the one site that sells them. If there's a market for this thing in a country, people will always get their hands on them.

i guess your right, people cant always get things when they really want them

Dxx

Disco Dave wrote:

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but it's a religious thing again, and it means nothing to me.

Now, if only I could convince whacko cultures that it really shouldn't matter...

On the other hand, dismissing and invalidating the beliefs of other cultures as unimportant just because you disagree with some or all of them, and characterising those other cultures as "whacko" is hardly going to establish your credibility with them or encourage them to believe anything you have to say, any more than you believe anything they have to say.

As I often find myself pointing out, the problem of social exclusion is hardly going to be solved simply by substituting one target of exclusion for another.

Nexas wrote:

I don't know...working in a primary school before where over the summer holidays we had little girls taken to another country to get a female circumcision, a process whereby the only goal is to reduce the female's enjoyment of sex, is barbaric to me.

I'm a very tolerant person, but this is something which I find vile.

Everybody I know identifies themselves as "open minded" and "tolerant". Do you know even one person who would call themselves closed minded or intolerant, even the ones who clearly are? Cos I don't.

In general the topic of "female circumcision" is very emotive for a lot of us. However, just because some of the girls in your class were taken by their parents to have a procedure done which they may or may not have called "female circumcision", you don't actually know if their definition is the same as yours.

Since you didn't witness the procedure, and since the procedure and definition are very likely to vary between cultures and even within individual cultures, you don't actually know the specifics of what was planned or what was actually done.

So you're making a lot of assumptions there which you have no way of verifying, and therefore in my opinion you're making unsupported judgement calls.

Based on your unsupported judgement calls, and based on the information you now have, you might want to reconsider your assessment of your actual levels of tolerance.

Taking a knife or scalpel to a little girl's genitals without her consent for cultural reasons is abhorrent in my book and always will be. It's deliberate and unnecessary mutilation of a child. End of story.I don't need to witness the procedure or know the exact specifics to know that it's wrong, wrong, wrong. Same as I don't have to see a rape or murder being committed before my very eyes in order to make a judgement call or be intolerant of those practices.