Awkward

My bpyfriend wants a framed picture of us together for his birthday =/ strange but i decided to get him that because he wants it. I didn't want to just put any random picture of us in a frame, as we don't have many pictures of us together and they all aren't great or the best quality. My dad is a photographer, so i am going to ask him to take some pictures of me and my Boyfriend. But me and my dad has a strained relationship, it's getting worse. The last time i saw or spoke to him was Christmas day as me and boyfriend spent the day at his. I got upset with my dad that day due to stuff he did and said on that day and years of us drifting apart (i didn't make that known to him as i didn't want to spoil christmas for anyone). My dad tries to talk and get along with my boyfriend and vice versa but my dad seems cold towards him now and i don't know why. I feel awkward asking my dad to take pictures of us together when i haven't spoken to him in a month. I'm sure he will say yes as my dad mentioned he wanted to take pics of me again soon as he hasn't done since years ago. but i'm nervous that it will be awkward. I tries to be so friendly towards my dad when i see him but i can't help but feel that he is taking himself out my life slowly.

To be honest, i'm not sure what this post is meant to be, whether its a question or just letting off steam as i hold it in and deep down its really hurting me. I try not to talk about it as my boyfriend aslo has problems with his dad at the moment and i'm trying to be there for him, he is also holding it in and trying to be there for me which he has been 100% especially on christmas day, since then my boyfriend doesn't like my dad so much.

I guess what i want to say after all this is, if my dad agrees to take these pictures, how can i make sure that it doesn't feel awkward? its getting to me a lot now and its getting harder for me to keep my true feelings at bay when around my dad. but i don't want to comfront him about it yet. I'm not ready for it, especially emotionally.

Sorry for my babbling... I can't help it when i'm so emotional about something.

Thanks. The problem isn't really between my dad and my boyfriend, they are civil to each other though you can tell there is tension in the air. I know my boyfriends problem is but i don't know my dad's. And i will talk to him about that if he's cold towards my boyfriend when next together.

My issue with my dad seems like nothing compared to yours with your mum. Thats harsh stuff to go through in life.

My dad seems less and less bothered about me and me being in his life. He owes me money. not much but its a lot to me who doesn't have much. And i've been waiting for it back for almost 3 years. He's removing me from his life, anything at his house like photo's of me is gone since his gf moved in with him. and replaced by her family photo's. I'm not saying she's the reason because i feel in a way she helps me stay in my dads life. its her who offers me around etc. if it weren't for her, i probably wont hear from my dad at all.
There is much more going on, since i was born and our problems just keep on coming as the years go by. It all adds up.

I will be happy and friendly when i see my dad next, but if my emotions runs too high then i will probably have to talk with him calmly. Let him know my issues and thoughts.

Thank you though, anything helps me at the moment. xx

If photography is your father's turf, then this might be an opportunity to do something together without the stress of holidays and in an environment where he feels comfortable.

This might be helpful, especially if you're willing to set the tension you're carrying aside for that time.

AA, I have what is considered "good" family when it comes to parents - but if I have ever decided to leave my partner - they would never back me up - because they like him. In fact, they accept all changes very hard - believe it or not if it weren't for them I could have been single now for a long time. I am not saying I understand how you feel. But I can at least relate to that - it is awful to have no one to back you up when your life is changing dramatically.