Back with something I learned on self improvement

Hi everyone, a few of you might remember I said I was going away to work on self improvement.

I have done that and am now back. Generally self improvement is an ongoing thing, it is especially so in my case. Unfortunately its not something that’s magically going to change or be fixed overnight, but I will keep working on it and toward my goals. Recognising my core values has been super helpful so I can live life in tune with them and move towards what’s important to me rather than away from it. Sadly I don’t think personal values are something most people spend much time focusing on, we take them for granted in a way. Focusing on them definitely helps to live a happier life as we can gauge our behaviour based on whether it’s in alignment or not. I learnt a lot about myself over the past 4.5 months but I’d say that’s one of the most helpful and important things I picked up. It’s part of something called ACT which stands for Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. I suggest anyone interested in self improvement look it up, especially those who have anxiety or issues with addiction, or are just generally unhappy.

Since I shared all that I will tell you what some of my core values are honesty, loyalty, respect and care. So basic but keeping them in mind is such a good way to be better.

Anyway, now I am back I’ll be around the place here when I can be.

I hope you’ve all been having lots of fun while I was away, and playing with some good toys that do their job. I haven’t been able to, so there’s lost time to make up for now in my bedroom, :laughing:

I was just browsing the Lovehoney site to buy something as a reward to myself for sticking at it for so long. I’ll make another post about that as this is truly an off topic post lol :upside_down_face:

14 Likes

Good to have you back @MissTery :raised_hands::raised_hands:

Welcome back, and thanks for an interesting post.

It should be said that for somebody who seems to have felt the need for self-improvement and is still on the journey, your post clearly demonstrates you are a thoughtful, intelligent and open-minded person, which are three huge positives, as well as the other core values you list.

Don’t underestimate that. We have a tendency to over-estimate the qualities of other people, but often it’s the case that they would fall well short of the expectations and standards we set ourselves.

So you are definitely right that you deserve some rewards in the bedroom, and we will look forward to hearing about them!

Lovely to see you @MissTery :two_hearts:

Woohoo! Welcome back :smiley: and most definitely it isn’t something that will happen in a week and will take time and commitment to accomplish but it sounds like your on the way to it and making some steady steps :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey there @MissTery . Please don’t misinterpret this text based post as being a smart ass or disrespectful because neither are my intent. I read your original post a few times and it’s obvious you have put time, commitment, and effort into making some type of change in your life. May I ask what you consider “self improvement” for your own situation? This can be fitness, looks, anger management, addictions, relationship stuff, finances, , etc. I am curious as to what you put the effort into changing. Regardless, you seem proud of what you have achieved so good on ya.