Baffled by the Mermaid Classic Vibe

I snagged the Little Bit of Magic set (bullet, classic & kegel balls), and I'm a little flumoxed by the classic vibe. [ Link to Product: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38753 ] How does one get the batteries into that darn vibrator?

I unscrewed the cap at the bottom, and there's another little black cover standing between me and the batteries (aka good fun). But for the life of me, I can't prop up that little black lid. It doesn't have screws, so I shouldn't be using a screwdriver on it. There's a little arrow embossed on it, and I've tried various things. Pushing on the arrow, sticking a nail under the side of the lid where the arrow's pointing to prop it up (almost broke said nail).

I checked the box and the only instructions I can find (which are printed on the box) are: - Remove the base of the vibrator by twisting it in an anticlockwise direction. -- Done.

- Insert 4 x AAA batteries, according to the instructions. Screw the base back on.

Urm.

There's no insert that came with the package, so literally the only instructions I have are the ones printed on the box. I'm thinking now that perhaps my booklet of instructions was left out, but still. This isn't an Ikea DIY project. I figured out every toy I've ever purchased from Lovehoney without looking at a manual. So that this particular vibe was designed this way really baffles and annoys me. Sorry for the rant! I've been struggling with this vibe for half an hour now and feel triggered that I can't figure it out myself. These are the first toys I've gotten for myself in 2 years, and this unceremonious return is really a downer. :(

Okay, so I figured it out purely by accident. I got so annoyed, I started shaking my fist in rage (lol) while still holding the vibrator. And with that, the battery case popped out.

If only the line on the box had read: Shake the vibrator to remove the battery case. Insert 4 x AAA batteries and replace the case. Screw the base back on.

Now that I think about it, I think the Charlie Tango had a similar battery case that dislodged in the same way. I don't recall struggling with that one, so either it had clearer instructions or I had a sharper mind back then.

![](upload://JDvwB4BqTlXmc0TRZyEqziKCrM.gif)

Hahaha this made me laugh as I had exactly the same problem when I first got this! Glad to hear you managed to sort it 😁👍

I had the same problem with a similar vibe. Definately worth mentioning in the review to make sure others are aware so they dont miss out or get frustrated.

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

Hello Minkish Minx, sorry to hear the instructions on our packaging weren't of any help to you.

I am responsible for all packaging production here at Lovehoney, so I apologise for the oversight and the frustration caused. I will ensure that the packaging is updated as soon as possible to include more clear, useful instructions.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention!