Ball gags and Hoods.. Yes, no's and why's..

I've never tried either, I'm put off hoods mostly because I don't like that level of anonymity during sex, plus there's one on here that just creeps me right out! The zip one, where the eyes and mouth are zip slits. Thanks but no thanks on that one! But gags, I'm tempted, but it runs in direct conflict with my fantasy of being 'forced' to perform oral and rough kissing.

VioletWolf wrote:

I've never tried either, I'm put off hoods mostly because I don't like that level of anonymity during sex, plus there's one on here that just creeps me right out! The zip one, where the eyes and mouth are zip slits. Thanks but no thanks on that one! But gags, I'm tempted, but it runs in direct conflict with my fantasy of being 'forced' to perform oral and rough kissing.

The right sized ring gag could work for oral. I find rough kissing after a gag is suddenly removed super hot but you are right, it does limit things.

I have a terrible gag reflex, it's really quite severe. I have to be in control so I don't wretch which kills the moment so gags are a no no for me. Not really into hoods either, if I'm honest they scare me. Its great others like them though, life would be so boring if we all liked the same thing.

I was really against hoods at first, I was adament we weren't having one. However I love being blindfolded and got fed up of the blindfolds slipping, coming undone etc.. and we I found I could always see a liitle bit of light or I could see down the side of my nose. We plucked up the courage to go for the Lovehoney spandex hood. It has a built in blindfold which stays in place and the material is thin enough to breath through. We use it all the time now, with a ball gag underneath to.

I can't see the attraction for my DH (dom) as he can't see my face but it doesn't seem to bother him too much!

Yes to gags because I love the feeling of being silenced and they're just sexy to wear in my opinion.

No to hoods because they look weird to me.

Purchased a horse 'bit' style gag and a ball gag as my Sub partner had shown an interest in both.

As it turned out I think the thought of them was better then the reality. My wife said tha gag ached after a while, and personally I missed her lovely mouth. The noises escaping her mouth weren't as good and you have to really work out a system of communication before going ahead.

She said that biting down on the bit was better, but you really have to be in a specific sort of mood.

We tend to stay away from both now, but I enjoy keeping them round as a visual prop and faux threat for my Sub.

Peter Parker wrote:

Purchased a horse 'bit' style gag and a ball gag as my Sub partner had shown an interest in both.

As it turned out I think the thought of them was better then the reality. My wife said tha gag ached after a while, and personally I missed her lovely mouth. The noises escaping her mouth weren't as good and you have to really work out a system of communication before going ahead.

She said that biting down on the bit was better, but you really have to be in a specific sort of mood.

We tend to stay away from both now, but I enjoy keeping them round as a visual prop and faux threat for my Sub.

Hi there, Just an idea for the future - if you were to try a gag again, then you could either bang your hand on the bed, click your fingers or hold a bell/squeaky toy which can be used or dropped according to the rules you have both decided :) xx

Thanks Scorpius, I think we got a system worked out, I just think it took away from the experience.

For my wife it's all about the loss of control. When she's stripped and bound, tied to all corners of a bed or chair and blindfolded it's good to have one channel of communication still open. Add the gag into that mix and it just becomes one way traffic.

We used it without a blindfold which worked better, as you can read so much by the eyes.