Ball gags and Hoods.. Yes, no's and why's..

Hi,
Just wanted to hear from everyone what they thought of these toys and why you like using them.
I've not used them but I'm probably going to get a gag (tantus) because I'm curious. I'm the willing experimental trainee sub in my relationship.
Thanks.

I've never tried these but I've spent a long time debating it because I think they can add a lot of fun to a session. My main reason for not using a ball gag is the issue regarding a safety word. Obviously, it's very difficult to transition to a safety gesture, particularly when you're using bondage and might be physically restrained. The same can be true of some hoods. It really is a case of safety for me.

bex1213 wrote:

I've never tried these but I've spent a long time debating it because I think they can add a lot of fun to a session. My main reason for not using a ball gag is the issue regarding a safety word. Obviously, it's very difficult to transition to a safety gesture, particularly when you're using bondage and might be physically restrained. The same can be true of some hoods. It really is a case of safety for me.

Hi, I hear where you're coming from. For us we won't really need a safe word. The most danger I'll come to will probably beer in the form of cramp! :)

It's worth a try, no?!

Here's a blog post I did about bondage hoods

http://subsmissives.com/experiences/in-da-hood/

Yes more shameless self promotion.

I'll probably do one about gags at some point, but gags are a completely different kettle of fish - you can really turn them into a tool of humiliation - you can't talk properly, you dribble everywhere, your jaw can ache; it's all great fun though!!

Hoods are a definite no for me because I'm very claustrophobic. Really can't breathe in them and it's too compact, warm, it can get hot very quickly. Just everything I really can't stand.

Gags I have a bit of trouble with too. I have a very small mouth and a lot of the ball gags I've used in the past have been too big and have made my jaw ache for days and cause it to start clicking painfully. I prefer ones that aren't balls. More creative things like bones or bars. I do like gags though, balls gags just much less so.

Can't deal with either I'm afraid......brings back memories I'd rather forget xx

One could argue I might eventually change my mind (being a never-been-kissed virgin, I obviously don't have any actual experience with BDSM) but for some reason I find hoods downright creepy, and I think ball gags are rather "unsexy" (all the dribbling is off-putting for me, and the idea of having my jaw dislocated does not exactly excite me, wither).

KittenFeatures wrote:

Hoods are a definite no for me because I'm very claustrophobic. Really can't breathe in them and it's too compact, warm, it can get hot very quickly. Just everything I really can't stand.

Gags I have a bit of trouble with too. I have a very small mouth and a lot of the ball gags I've used in the past have been too big and have made my jaw ache for days and cause it to start clicking painfully. I prefer ones that aren't balls. More creative things like bones or bars. I do like gags though, balls gags just much less so.

I have this one and it is super comfy. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29699

Northseaguy wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

I have this one and it is super comfy. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29699
Nice choice...

I have not tried either of them. I wouldn't test a bondage hood because I like to feel sexy during play and wouldn't feel sexy in a hood. I actually own a gag I got for free in a deal, but I am yet to use it. In theory it is a bit sexy, but I will wait until the moment feels right :)

I use the Bondage Botique Black Rose Pleasure Ball Gag. I have completed a review on this excellent Ball gag. I used to use cloth gags, panties etc, but having tried this ball gag I am hooked. It is very well constructed and comfortable and keeps me very quiet. I wear it tight but that's my choice. It makes me feel very sexy and submissive. its the perfect ball gag for both beginners and experienced users.

Not into hoods love my oh wearing a ball gag really turns me on
Has anyone tried a ring gag think we mite try that next?

I love wearing a ball gag, it's kinky and turns me on so much. I'm submissive in the bedroom but sometimes I need put in my place. So I need a gag to shut me up!

I have this one and it's great
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31506

I wasn't sure about this one, but once I tried it I loved it. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25615
I also modified this one and attached nipples clamps to it, so If I move my head I pull on the clamps. It's sooo good :)

We haven't tried a hood yet, I don't like to feel claustrophobic. Although, I'd still like to try one.

Personally love all forms of gag and use them regularly, never personally never had any issues with the safe word side of things.

I do enjoy using a hood too, my OH is not a big fan, love the feeling of being restricted and the sense of helplessness they give you.

Sum Sub wrote:

I'll probably do one about gags at some point, but gags are a completely different kettle of fish - you can really turn them into a tool of humiliation - you can't talk properly, you dribble everywhere, your jaw can ache; it's all great fun though!!

I think you hit the nail on the head for why I like gags, especially the dribbling and how stupid I sound trying to talk.

My favourite gag I've used was a Whitehead gag. It's got a medical torture kind of feel to it. Lots of dribbling, you look pretty ridiculous and if you are into spitting, it's perfect.

I've never used a hood but I have used pillow cases. There's something dehumanising about it for me, and I like that. Not knowing what your partner is doing, trying to guess what sounds are, the anticipation....it's a lot of fun ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

I've never tried a hood, but I love the combination of blindfold and ballgag. I first tried a plastic gag because it was super cheap and it was, frankly, crap. Then I invested in a good silicone ballgag and it's kinky as hell. Nothing better than being pounded from behind while you helplessly drool.

I'm also into consensual non-consent, and sometimes I ask my OH to just go for it and if I end up sobbing then to just continue. The gag adds to that fantasy.

This is the one I have:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31506

Definite no for me. I was asked countless times to try a ball gag and a hood but they frighten me. I prefer a blindfold. The closest I've ever had to a ball gag was have my underwear stuffed into my mouth and I found that unpleasant and a little scary.

Each to their own though. I have friends who praise ball gags and love using them on themselves and their partners, we're all different thankfully ^_^ x

Has anyone used a ring gag what did you think?

We've tried most of the above, silicone ring gag from LH and a really good blindfold is our go-to combo, she feels slightly out of control but with silicone not uncomfortable on the mouth and he can (with prior consent) get a BJ without her knowing what's coming which we find really hot to include in a scene.

Have tried several butterfly gags but none were comfortable for us and hoods only seem to work with ball gags which are less fun/comfy so still searching for the ultimate.

We haven't tried a ball gag but have used a dildo mouth gag. She's had me in it several times and it took a bit of getting used to at first. The bit in my mouth does make it ache after a while but the view is worth it :)