Battery Corrosion

I went to use my Death by Orgasm Scorpian vibrator today to find out that I'd forgotten to take the batteries out when putting it away (they must have been in there for 2-3 weeks), and they have corroded! I've taken them out now but there is some corrosion on the inside of the vibrator. How can I get this off and should it work again after I get this off and put new batteries in? I don't have any more of these batteries to test it out so will have to order some...

When this has happened with the kids toys I have taken a toothbrush to the connections and it normally rubs off enough to allow it to work. Where they cheap batteries because that shouldn't have happened in such a short period of time.

Thanks, I will try this! The batteries came with the vibrator

Good luck.I've had corrosion in other electricals and was lucky enough for them to work by simply putting in new batteries.

Hopefully it will work then...it doesn't look too bad but I'll try and get as much off with a dry brush as possible![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I used vinegar on a cotton bud to clean the inside of my son's Furby when the batteries corroded. But it was pretty awful corrosion. Worth a try if the dry brush doesn't get it all!

Quality batteries=no corrosion, always use alkaline(as they are better at not leaking) and buy branded ones as even under extreme abuse they tend not to fail IE Duracell or Energizer.

Vinegar is a good product to use as it neutralises the alkaline, but you then need to clean it off too as it corrodes.

When youv'e cleaned the corrosion off, put a little Petrolium Jelly (vaseline) on the contacts and top and bottom of the batery.

Thanks everyone! I got pretty much all of it off and am ordering new batteries ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)