BDSM books without the billionaire!

So... I've read quite a few BDSM books in my time, with various different scenarios within them. However, after the dawn of FSOG, it seems that all of the new books have a billionaire as the dom, and a ditsy female as the sub. That idea really doesn't do it for me, so I'm getting a little fed up with all of these authors jumping on the same bandwagon to try and take a slice of the FSOG pie.

What I'm really after is a believable story about a male dom and female sub. It can be from either of their perspectives, but the main thing is that it has to be quite close to real life rather than a chance meeting with a billionaire.

Any thoughts?

Diary of a Submissive is a believable story because it's all true, it's literally the subs diary haha, although for part of the book her Dom is a rich guy!

I haven't come across any others that I've liked so far but if I do I'll let you know :)

Perfect. Thanks Boogaloo!

One that I really enjoyed was The Secret Life of a Submissive. It's a real life account from the sub's point of view and it's really witty and down to earth. It's also a great book for anyone new to BDSM as it's an account of her first foray into it; although she's not the starstruck lady these books usually portray.

I'll definitely check out the book you've mentioned. I'm half way through Story of O, which is a great but sometimes challenging read. I'll let you know how I get on :)

I read (and reread) Dirty Bad Wrong by Jade West which I loved - top executive and employee. It actually has a story AND some fantastic sex scenes.

Deekayjay wrote:

I read (and reread) Dirty Bad Wrong by Jade West which I loved - top executive and employee. It actually has a story AND some fantastic sex scenes.

Sounds good Deekayjay. I'll check it out!

I've read the intro to Diary of a Submissive once and I thought it was really interesting. Might have to pick it up eventually, especially now I know there's not only billionaire doms in the book as I'm not a huge fan of that either :)

Try the sequel of Diary Of A Submissive, No Ordinary Love Story.

Interesting thread as I am also fed up with the billionaire Dom storyline! I second the suggestions for diary of a submissive and no ordinary love story they are great and I think I shall also be checking out some of the other suggestions too :)

I will also be trying some of these this is just what I have been looking for.

The billionaire storyline feels kind of dull to me too, but I have to say that The Boss series by Abigail Barnette works pretty well, even with the billionaire dom. Mostly because he's not the sterotypical billionaire douche that indulges in BDSM because he's bored. He's into it but not in a Christian Grey fashion, he's into it in the bedroom, not in his whole life. He's kind of a control freak but not to the point to look like a psycho and there's a lot of depth to the character, considering it's erotica. It starts a little bit as The Devil Wears Prada meets Fifty Shades Of Grey, Miranda Pristley wannabe included, but it's a nice series. The fact that the dom is a billionaire does imply a lot of money spent in useless commodities, lots of sports car and unnecessary gifts, but the main protagonist kind of keeps him grounded. Also, I appreciated the fact that she's a strong woman in life, she knows what she wants and she's able to tell him to stop being a brat when he boasts his wealth too much.

I can highly recommend Tiffany Reiz 'The Original Sinners' series. I have just finished 'The Virgin' and can't wait for her next book - her books are so addictive :) xx

GeekyEleanor wrote:

The billionaire storyline feels kind of dull to me too, but I have to say that The Boss series by Abigail Barnette works pretty well, even with the billionaire dom. Mostly because he's not the sterotypical billionaire douche that indulges in BDSM because he's bored. He's into it but not in a Christian Grey fashion, he's into it in the bedroom, not in his whole life. He's kind of a control freak but not to the point to look like a psycho and there's a lot of depth to the character, considering it's erotica. It starts a little bit as The Devil Wears Prada meets Fifty Shades Of Grey, Miranda Pristley wannabe included, but it's a nice series. The fact that the dom is a billionaire does imply a lot of money spent in useless commodities, lots of sports car and unnecessary gifts, but the main protagonist kind of keeps him grounded. Also, I appreciated the fact that she's a strong woman in life, she knows what she wants and she's able to tell him to stop being a brat when he boasts his wealth too much.

I've read the first of this series and really enjoyed it - may have to get the rest...

The second one is a bit though, because it involves a lot of medical talk, depression, cancer related stuff and how being sick affects your sex life, both as the patient and the caregiver, the third one is much more light-hearted. I'm reading the fourth book right now, I'm right in the middle and I'm still enjoying them. They're not high literature, but they're entertaining.

Ive read a lot of books. some have BDSM in them some dont.

I will admit yes a lot do have a rich bloke in. One I thought of recomending you does actually have a rich bloke in it. but the series includes a policeman thats a dom!! his book isnt out yet. but the first two are. Theyre written by a bloke!!. Filthy Desire and Dangerous desire by Sebastian Ex.

Scorpius12 wrote:

I can highly recommend Tiffany Reiz 'The Original Sinners' series. I have just finished 'The Virgin' and can't wait for her next book - her books are so addictive :) xx

I second This everyone needs to read tiffany Reisz!

I have also recently read 'Interview with a Master' by Jason Luke and that was brilliant, as was the second book 'In Love With a Master' :) xx

These are all great suggestions. Thanks guys :)

Just found a title I thought you all might find interesting. It´s called 'The Webcam Chronicles' and it's about a succesful businesswoman in a d/s relationship. Her husband starts to spend lots of time away from home and makes her perform on webcam. I haven't read it so I'm not sure if they are billionaires but it might be worth a shot, it doesn't seem to be a very expensive book :)

I would also suggest Diary of a Submissive.

If you are into spanking, I would suggest Over the knee. It is writen from her point and the author does know what she is talking about. I really enjoyed the book. And do come back to time to time. Another good thing is, that while it is one story line, you can read the chapters also separately for particular scenario, which is now what I am doing.

You may also try the Perfect submissive, but this is not about pair, but more like a submissive training, still it may an interesting read for you.

I really enjoyed Wicked Games by kelly Lawrence.

No billionaires, a fairly ordinary setting in an unidentified UK town, well written. I found it much more real than the FSOG copies.