BDSM Collar Engraving

Just as a bit of background to explain this better, as part of my small business I make delicate lacy little collars, mostly for kitty play but also for general BDSM. They're decorative or day collars - the sort of thing that can't be pulled around too much, but can support metal tags, so I've started doing engraved messages. I only have a few variations so far (people can choose their own wording but seem a bit shy to pick) so thought this could be a really good place to get ideas for what people would like to wear on their collars.

If you had a collar tag engraved, what do you think you'd want it to say?

The most obvious ones for me would be:

"Belongs to..."

"Owned by..."

"If found return to..."

"Freedom through submission"

I may come back later with some more but those are just off the top of my head.

property of.....

personal property of....

I like the " if found return to....." Lol

Really like the suggestions above, perhaps add in less personalised options for the more shy people such as simply 'owned', 'taken' and such. Maybe other words like 'pet' or even generic knicknames like 'angel' and such, which may inspire people to ask for their own personal knicknames instead. Just simple little single words that may inspire people to ask for more :)

The suggestions so far are wonderful :D They're different from the things I've been engraving, so it just shows how much new inspiration a different perspective can give. If anyone else has any other ideas I'd still love to hear them :) x

Young and fun95 wrote:

I like the " if found return to....." Lol

I'd buy that in a second

Generally, many Mistresses put 'owned by Mistress / master X' and add the slaves name and slave number. Or similar.

Personally it's up to you what you put, and engravers can be very open minded. I've been able o engrave taboo words on things in the past, and it only strikes up conversation if you make it clear you're comfortable talking about it. After all it's work for the engraver. Or you could get items engraved online, and send them in or by a tag that they do in store then send to you.

Personally my subs, slaves, and pets, don't mind what I choose to put on theirs, they are just honours to wear one that has words choosen by me, particularly as I don't go around owning many. I'm slowly working up to scarification and tattooing the odd one or two too, although I want to get a unique design for this which will act as a stamp that other people within the scene will see as unique to me.

I really love the ideas here, especially 'freedom through submission', I would definitely buy that one. The only other one I can think of is 'little one' as Mr Scorpius sometimes calls me that :) xx

Just want to thank everyone for their input on this. I'm planning on getting some of your suggestions engraved in the near future :) Just have to try and work out the shapes of tags and whatnot now, but I really love your ideas. I knew I could count on you lot to be creative souls :) x

I would love to see the collars

I don't know if it'll be at all shaky rule-wise for me to share the name, because I don't sell anything at all like from here, but it does fulfil a similar purpose.

I guess if it's not ok it can always be removed, and I'm very sorry in advance to any LH staff if it's not allowed :) The shop is Kitten Treasures, and you'll be able to see all the collar designs I have so far on Etsy.

It'll probably be a couple of weeks before any of these new tags are appearing, but they'll just be added to the regular collar designs I have already :)

D: I need these paws!! Sorry to go off topic but...I need these paws...esp the snow fox ones *dies at cute warmness*

Your collars are very pretty :D don't know how I never found them when looking for day collars...maybe it was before you were open? :S

Haha, I'm glad you like the look of the paws :D I hope it's not too immodest to say so, but I think they're really rather cute too ;)

My Etsy has been open since 2013, I think. It might just be that my keyword stuff is rubbish! One day I need to really sit down and make sure all the relevant words are in the titles but it's much more fun to make things instead, lol.

I'd be interested in this, always wanted my own personalized tag x

I love your designs Skitty, they're gorgeous:) xx

Awesome designs, Skitty. Reasonably priced too!

How about liebe macht frei, it is both meaningful and a nod to something altogether more slavish

''little one'' would be good.
X belongs to Y is also a fairly popular one to have as an option.

I got my tag done at the local key shop from the actual pet tags >.>