Bdsm question

My hubby and I are wanting to explore this further, I have a concern about either of us being tied up.

what if the other one, the not tied up one, falls over, or hurts themselves, or something like that and you can't get up to help them

is this me being daft and overthinking things or is this something you should think about, and what do you do about it?

Hi Stars

It's a sensible precaution to consider depending on time of day etc also for safety etc we use the lovehoney satin ties in a loose slip knot over hands and feet so if you relax and wriggle you can get free pull hard and it tightens more. This or one of the under be with Velcro setups might be the best bet for peace of mind to start with until you're more comfortable and relaxed with the idea or you can get sets such as the fifty shades set with most of what you need to get started hope this helps enjoy I know we did

Velcro straps. Even if you're tied up, you can untie the straps yourself easily.

This range of products is quite good for beginners, it's not too expensive, allows you to experiment, it's sturdy and reliable (I have both the collar and the hadncuffs and I use them regularly) but if you need to, you can get out of them yourelf. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32675

I'm not a fan of locks too, basically for your same reason. In this case, velcro is your friend.

We started with metal handcuffs and they had a safety release on them so the person handcuffed could get out if needed. We now mostly use satin or silky restraints as they are the most comfortable and can be tied as loose as you like. Seconding the idea of velcro straps too.

If you restrain wrists in front to start with, they're easier for the person wearing to remove than if they're tied behind the back. If the non restrained person hurts themselves, and the wearer just has restraints on the wrists they can still get up and walk over to the person if needed. Try to relax, it's supposed to be fun :)

As the others have said use velcro restraints as you can get out of these in case of emergency. If you want to use metal handcuffs for roleplays etc then choose the Lovehoney branded ones as they have an easily accessable safety release catch .

As you are both new to tieing up as a safety precuation avoid anything around the neck and make sure both of you know your safe words and finally don't leave the tied up partner unattended , not even for a loo break .

Fair point Stars but in all honesty I think its a generic life question. Do you worry that your partner will become suddenly or worse when driving on the motorway? Or for the health of others whose hands your in?

You assess the risk and take a chance but if your not sure don't do it.

When was the last time one of you fell over and couldn't get up? If the answer is, "Oh, all the time!" then tying up is not for you!

All you need to make sure is that the bedroom isn't like a death trap and do a quick tidy before you have a session. My Mrs is a big culprit here as she tends to leave various pairs of slippers on the floor at any one time and I am always triipping over them !

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30759
This is what we have and honestly they're so easy to get out of if needed! We have two young kids so are prone to interruption, these are Velcro fastening so still hold securely together during play but are fab when a quick escape is needed 😁 other than that, make sure your play space is clear of obstacles 😋

Well, in all BDSM related advice 'safety first' always comes up as most important. Having said that, I think you are indeed overthinking it. Others have mentioned some pretty good options though such as velcro (although I find most of the Basics range uncomfortable, there are other options with velcro closing too) or the all-too-easy-to-open-by-yourself LH metal cuffs (we have the furry ones and they are comfy and I can open them up if really want to even with just one hand at reach). A loosly tied scarf could also work until you get more confidence. After all, the tied up person does have to be willing, so this also means that you could also just start with "make pretend". The 'restrain' can be all in the mind if you wish to. The dominant person could order the submissive one to keep their hands still under their head. And if they don't, they get punished. :) Restraints without actually being restrained might be a good initial play if you have these safety concerns.