beads melted

Due to the heat some of my cheaper toys not from here, before I found this place have melted a bit, now need to replace beads for vagina use only. I would prefer bigger ones and silicone, hopefully they then will last years, anyone got any suggestions Thanks?.

Flip me, where do you live.... The Sahara desert?

Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

Flip me, where do you live.... The Sahara desert?

It's what happens to crappy toxic toys that leak stuff and react with something else or parts of themselves.

See some gory details here: http://dangerouslilly.com/2010/10/yes-jelly-sex-toys-can-be-dangerous/ ;)

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Hello. There could be two reasons your toys have melted.

The first one is that is this heatwave we have been having, they have been left on a hot surface in direct heat from the sun and *might* have melted a bit because of the heat.

It has been rather hot, so hot that the varnish on my window sils outside have been 'melting' becoming sticky and even bubbling slightly in some places because of the heat! So I don't doubt too much that heat *may* have caused it, if it was in direct heat.

The second reason - and the more likely reason - is that your toys have been stored together that they have been touching eachother. Generally it is a silicone mix which is the culprit for melting. Pure and true 100% silicone doesn't cause this reaction, apparently, but when it comes to using silicone lubricants with sex toys and storing toys together, I don't risk it, because it is often difficult to tell if something will react or not.

This reaction is not really 'melting' but rather, the materials bonding to eachother. This happens usually with non-pure graded silicones. Other materials, like rubbers, realistic-feel materials and those labelled 'Jelly', can have silicone content in them and still react with eachother, leaving a melted, sticky/tacky mess on your toys.

Glass, Metal and Hard Plastic toys are usually safe to store together and use silicone lubricants with.

With other toys, you want to store them seperately using storage bags, keeping them in original packaging or wrapping them individually in pieces of fabric. You want to make sure that they are not touching eachother. This is also good for keeping them clean and no dust or anything like that getting to them.

Also, keep to water-based lubricant. I have noticed recently that some lubricants, particularly for anal, are labelled as water-based, but in fact they are actually a water and silicone base mix! This can be viewed as a popular choice for those who enjoy anal sex, because of the properties of silicone-based lubricant like lasting longer, not absorbing in to the skin and generally keeps things more slippery. But for those who use anal toys, it may not be the best option because of the silicone content in the lube.

I will put up a new thread on here shortly regarding silicone toys with silicone lubricant. It is something I wrote a while ago, but maybe worth putting up on here. So maybe check that thread out. I will call simply call the thread "Silicone Lubricant with Silicone Sex Toys".

So, um. Yeah. Keep them out of direct sunlight and hot areas. Keep them stored seperately, using pieces of fabric or storage bags, being sure that none are touching eachother. And make sure you are using a water-based lubricant with your toys.

Hope it doesn't happen again. x

+1

Thanks A_A - you took the words right out of my mouth (Meat Loaf's voice optional....)

Thanks, no silicon lube in the house due to people saying it stains so never have it, my rechargeable toys are all in there boxes also latest rabbits will have there bags as well, it my jelly dildo and beads which have done this, I hope.my doc Johnson stuff is OK. I have seen silicone beads already have box lined up for them also a pink and white silicone dildo has caught my eye, bit expensive but at least I'll know they will last. anal but plugs also have own spaces.

I always buy the LH bags with all my purchases, just for piece of mind more than anything and they look really nice too :)

I use clear sandwich bags. The Lovehoney bags are good for a smaller collection but I won't have any idea what is where otherwise. Just a sea of bags.

Ive just been sorting through our collection ready for later as we have such a vast selection we get the ones out that we want and leave them on a tray for ease later i have jusy discovewred that we have a set of anal beads that have melted and almost fused with an extender have binned the beads and cleaned the extended to remove the rubber will the extender still be ok to use?

I have just treated myself to a white Lelo dildo. Top grade silicone in own box anyone know of larger beads in same material?. Thanks

how large are you looking at? heavy large or width large?

Width I use mine vaginally and preferably longa as well Thanks.

jojomojo wrote:

Ive just been sorting through our collection ready for later as we have such a vast selection we get the ones out that we want and leave them on a tray for ease later i have jusy discovewred that we have a set of anal beads that have melted and almost fused with an extender have binned the beads and cleaned the extended to remove the rubber will the extender still be ok to use?

I wouldn't risk it, the material will likely to be comprimised and you don't know what chemicals may have been left behind.

Beads in 100% silicone

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22405

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24318

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2260

Also, whilst 100% silicone is a better material than silicone mix then don't discount silicone mix as being completely bad. I have brand Lovehoney silicone mix dildos. They aren't as good quality but certainly still good. I have found that if there isn't an odour then they are usually fine.This has worked for me.

Despina Rose wrote:

Beads in 100% silicone

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22405

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24318

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2260

You are brilliant I actually have found the fun factory beads myself and was just going to ask about them, there'll be ordered next payday Thanks for your help.

Also, whilst 100% silicone is a better material than silicone mix then don't discount silicone mix as being completely bad. I have brand Lovehoney silicone mix dildos. They aren't as good quality but certainly still good. I have found that if there isn't an odour then they are usually fine.This has worked for me.

Glad I could help :) I have Fun Factory products and highly recommend them, hope it works for you.

Despina Rose wrote:

Glad I could help :) I have Fun Factory products and highly recommend them, hope it works for you.

Thanks looking forward to getting beads back as they are a favorite. toy.

Despina Rose wrote:

jojomojo wrote:

I wouldn't risk it, the material will likely to be comprimised and you don't know what chemicals may have been left behind.

Thanks thats what we thought as my OH said just the excuse to get another!!!

Yes a great excuse isn't it for new toys the safety angle is most important but means I can get some lovely quality dildo later on, a very useful lesson learnt luckily nothing too expensive has been ruined.

Oh dear. I hate this reaction with a couple of mine now have to use lovehoney bags with mine. last time I used sandwich bags the clear ones and put them in the draw. Well my 3 year old came down the stairs with a few and quite promptly told me these are not sandwiches holding up some of the vibrators and dildos!! Luckily I only had a close friend over at the time lol safe to say they are now in LH bags under lock and key! :) xx

I am buying pretty satin bags cheaply off eBay for my latest and new stuff.