Beauty advice on getting rid of red marks on face?

This morning as my OH was leaving for work he (delicately and politely to be fair) mentioned a couple of red patches on my face (left by recent spots caused by my least favourite time of the month!). I don't wear make up unless I'm going on a night out - which is very rare - so I'm not looking for ways to hide the marks just to help get rid of them/reduce them. I can't believe I'm asking this as I generally have very little interest in 'girly' things lol. However I hope some of you lovely ladies (or gents) can help x

If I ever get a spot or blemish I find sudocrem the best solution.( I stick a bit on and leave it overnight) However it can dry the skin out a little bit, so make sure you moisturise well in the morning...I usually use Bio oil and My skins looking great! xx

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately sudocrem doesn't agree with me at all - after I gave birth I had a horrid rash on my face (damn hormones!) and using sudocrem made it so much worse. It also made my daughters nappy rash worse (which I felt awful about since what I was doing to try and make her better was doing the opposite - having said that, switching to aqueous cream cleared it up the same day so I may try this as well) so I avoid it entirely now. The rest of the advice I shall try tho. Thanks

I love all of Clarins skin care products..... they r a little pricey but well worth the money and last for ages!!!

I'm abit like you, however I have a ton of beauty products but I tend to just let my skin do its natural thing unless it needs a little helping hand....

Clarins offer a fantastic free skin consulation at Debenhams instead of just buying something u think might be good for ur skin speak to a professional who can guide u in the right direction. Another good tip is to not feel pressurised to buy things then and there... Online websites like beauty flash offer skin care products at a much cheaper price.

For any girls who like their dermologica or moroccan oil for their hair then beauty flash is the best place for it!

You could also look on lastmminute or groupon to see if you can find a nice cheapy facial or alternatively create your own day spa :)

1. Fill ur sink with hot hot water, place a towel over your head and steam your face for 5 mins to open all ur pores.

2. Apply your pre-mixed facial cleaner (2-3tbsp of baking soda mixed with a little water), apply in gentle circular motions, then rinse (not with really hot water btw)

3. Apply a face mask (make it - 1/2 mashed banana the riper the better, a tbsp oats, tsp milk, tsp honey) Leave the mask for 10 mins and then rinse off.

4) You will need to mositurise as your skin can become more oily if you remove too much oil from it! So lovingly apply some moisturiser

Hope this helps xxx

I am using corrective stick. And only apply it to the problematic places, but dont use make up, as it does not agree with my skin much. I also like tee tree, as it seems to help with the healing processes.

MTN: I have problematic skin, I may try to use this.

Glad I could be of some help.....

I would say if after two weeks ur skin isn't getting any better or getting worse - change what ur using! Alot of people say perserve but that is bullshit!

I perserved with dermologica and I still dont like it (except for their dermal clay cleanser) yet millions of people rave about it. Your skin will either love something or hate something!

Clarins was instant love for me :)

And the homemade facial things work lovely but a really good mosituriser is extremely important x

My problem is really hormonal. I have really sensitive skin, but I found cosmetics which is just brialliant and does not irritate it too much, but certain time of the month can screw me up completely. So willing to try something new, to see if I can improve it.

Miss teach&nurse wrote:

I love all of Clarins skin care products..... they r a little pricey but well worth the money and last for ages!!!

I'm abit like you, however I have a ton of beauty products but I tend to just let my skin do its natural thing unless it needs a little helping hand....

Clarins offer a fantastic free skin consulation at Debenhams instead of just buying something u think might be good for ur skin speak to a professional who can guide u in the right direction. Another good tip is to not feel pressurised to buy things then and there... Online websites like beauty flash offer skin care products at a much cheaper price.

For any girls who like their dermologica or moroccan oil for their hair then beauty flash is the best place for it!

You could also look on lastmminute or groupon to see if you can find a nice cheapy facial or alternatively create your own day spa :)

1. Fill ur sink with hot hot water, place a towel over your head and steam your face for 5 mins to open all ur pores.

2. Apply your pre-mixed facial cleaner (2-3tbsp of baking soda mixed with a little water), apply in gentle circular motions, then rinse (not with really hot water btw)

3. Apply a face mask (make it - 1/2 mashed banana the riper the better, a tbsp oats, tsp milk, tsp honey) Leave the mask for 10 mins and then rinse off.

4) You will need to mositurise as your skin can become more oily if you remove too much oil from it! So lovingly apply some moisturiser

Hope this helps xxx

I have just started using Clarins products as my usual Clinique wasn't working as well as it should and I am in love! I'm using the energise range meant for 16-29 year olds but the toner from that range is amazing for calming the skin no matter what age you are. Also with Clarins they are not stuffy about giving you samples! I went in for something for my eye as I had terrible dry skin on that area. She gave me 2 types of eye cream (5ml) and an eye mask (5ml) just to make sure I didn't react, they lasted ages. On top of this I also got a sample of the energise face wash, 2 sachets of the cream and a little scrub. What did I buy? NOTHING! I was giddy with excitment!

As for the result, fabulous! I use in conjuction with a Holika Holika bb cream from Korea (easily avaliable on ebay, legit) and it has calmed my skin right down.

Lol. Thanks Handcuffed! Much appreciated.

As for the rest of the advice, I think a slight shopping trip is in order to try some of these tips out. I get them occasionally after I get spots (which is luckily quite rare) and they do disappear in time but I was looking for a quicker solution so I'll try some things and see how it goes. Thanks everyone x

There's a great product called rescue cream from annique, not cheap but does wonders on bites, spots, exzema etc - I always have to use on my shaving rash!! but it works