Being overheard...

Had a bit of an embarrassing revelation today!

My bedroom has big built in cupboards and I was in one of them today when I heard people talking. At first I thought it was the TV, but it wasn't on. I heard it again, and realised it was coming from the wall. I looked out of this little air vent in the wall that I'd never even noticed and realised that I could see outside, really clearly! And I could see and hear some of my neighbours talking in the street. I could hear EVERY WORD.

I sent my boyfriend outside and asked if he could hear me outside if I spoke near the vent. Turns out... you can. I am now utterly mortified as it's quite likely that my whole neighbourhood has heard me having sex. And I am not quiet in the bedroom. Ooops!

So guys, share any situations where you've been unintentionally overheard during sex! xx

How often do you have sex in the wardrobe then?

Try again, with the doors closed and from the bed or wherever else you're likely to make noise. It's probably not as bad as you fear. You didn't hear the outside conversations until you were in the wardrobe after all.

I used to date someone who lived along a lane used every Sunday morning by people on their way to church. When the windows were open in summer....

Oh that's embarrassing. My wife and I were in a hotel when we first started going out. We were really going at it when we were stopped in our tracks by someone banging on the wall shouting 'shut the fuck up'

We managed to avoid the offended party for the rest of the weekend thankfully.

been heard LOADS of times. As long as it's not parents (thankfully many years past needing to worry about that), kids (ok that nearly happened with a friend's kids recently...that would have been interesting), or similar then I'm past finding it embarassing. If I hear a friend or vice versa there'll no doubt be some friendly piss take and a laugh but that's it.

One of the funniest though was in uni in halls (so walls made of paper pretty much...) when myself and a girl I was sort of seeing were in the kitchen when my flatmate (adjoining walls) came in with her fella and started trying to mock us for being noisy the night before. Myself and the lass I was with then launched into a duet of the noises and dirty talk (word for word) that we'd heard through the wall a couple of nights before and been laughing at.

Never seen someone go so red :-)

I don't think we've ever been heard but I used to live with a girl and one night, herself and her boyfriend were down stairs, I was asleep up stairs with my boyfriend. We both woke up to sounds of "yee ha", cowboy style, coming from the kitchen. Next morning, one of the chairs was pushed away from the table, and the table mat moved from one place. Needless to say, they denied it for ages, about 2 years, before she admitted to me one night that yes, they had got jiggy on the table.....!

Another was when we were on honeymoon. The hotel we were in had paper thin walls. There was an Italian couple next door who were VERY noisy. She was a heavy smoker and had the huskest voice I've ever heard, and not in a good way. Also, he snored really loudly so we either had to listen to them at it, or him snoring....
It was a long 4 days!

I always thought my old apparent was pretty sound proof . A single girl had lived beside me but when she moved out and a young guy moved in I used to hear him having sex all the time. I was mortified because he could clearly hear me too.
But the most embarrassing time was probably when I hooked up from someone from work. He lived with another guy from work and we didn't realise he was home. Next day in work I walked in to have everyone grin at me and clap! He had heard everything and told all out co workers

Me and the wife were heard when she lived with her parents, the house was empty when we went in and straight up stairs. Once we had finished i came down had to get back to work, her sister was in living room with about 4 of her girly friends and had heard pretty much everything, needless to say went red but then felt like a right stud, the wife on the other hand stayed upstairs till they had gone.

I stopped counting how many times I heard my neighbours having sex. Uhm. Several times a week? In the summer, when its hot, they do not close the window so I can hear every single detail. Yesterday I was in bathroom, enjoying lavender bath and I dont know what they were doing or how, but yep. I could hear them very very clearly. Funny, as windows were closed and the walls are thick.

I have to say I do not mention it to them when we meet in the communal area (I live in house with flats).

ooh just remembered another story!

was seeing a lass who lived with 3 other girls, 2 of which had their boyfriends round on the night in question too.

We had a great sex life and they'd definitely heard us before, however it was a bit embarassing but on second thought quite a compliment when one morning each of the 5 of them asked if the noise the night before had been us having sex.

No guys, that was genuinely an earthquake!!!!

I live in a flat with my OH and I'm pretty sure my underneath neighbours can hear it all.
We can hear clearly when upstairs gets busy, although she is EXTREMELY loud. So I assume downstairs can hear us too!
He's not in very often, thank god!

ShannonMarlene wrote:

He's not in very often, thank god!

Your OH or your neighbour?!

Haha, my neighbour!
Not like it would matter if the OH wasn't around, I've got an ever growing toy box!

ShannonMarlene wrote:

Haha, my neighbour!
Not like it would matter if the OH wasn't around, I've got an ever growing toy box!

A tent in the garden with a light on in the tent is the funniest. The people in the tent are either completely oblivious or just don't care.

We live in a house and have just one house mate. The only thing between our rooms are built-in wardrobes that are paper thin.

We used to always make a point of going to bed early so we could have sex and not disturb him. That was until he started coming in at 3am with his girlfriend and having sex. She is incredibly loud - she has the 'oh god, oh god, OH GOD' kind of orgasms.

Since then we couldn't care less and we're as loud as we want to be whenever we want to be.

I once dated a guy who lived in a 4 in a block house and 2 of his bedroom walls joined onto other houses. And being 1bedroomed house it was usually single men in them. We had a weekend of amazing sex. I was working late on the monday and my OH had already left for work. When I left the house I got a very knowing look from his neighbour. I would always get big smiles from his neighbours. lol.

I think one time or another we have heard someone having sex tee hee I did giggle though PPD we all been there

In a previous relationship which was long distance we were overheard a couple times. One time was when we were home alone, first time he came down to visit. And my mum came home and we didn't know until 5 or so mins later. She certainly heard some even if most was bed srprings. Still embarrassing. Especially as she thought it was my first time.

Another was in the morning thinking everyone was out or downstairs, turns out his sister in law was right on the other side of the wall where the beds are, she walked out the room telling us to keep it down. Ha.

I'm only aware of a small handful of situations that I've definitely been heard (ie the times that I've been told) but I assume there are far, far more that I am not aware of as the person(s) hearing it didn't say anything.

The most embaressing one I can remember where someone definitely heard was about 15 years ago at home in my mum's place. I brought a girl home (not unusual as the way my mum's house is arranged I could come and go through a side door and avoid all family if needed) and the next morning we got frisky. I looked out the window, saw no cars and assumed my mum and sister were out. So off we went.

The next hour was loud and messy. The two of us came multiple times and there was ample noise to go with each. Of course, when I got up to go to the loo and heard both my mum and sister downstairs, I sudddenly realised that my mum's car was in for a service. So I went down to face the music.

Thankfully there was no issue with me bringing someone home. Though needless to say the inuendo and not-so-subtle double entendres spoken loadly enough to be heard upstairs absolutely mortified the girl.

I just remembered my most embarrassing. It was actually my first time. I felt pressured so I did. And I was loud! I couldn't control myself back then. His mum must have heard! And it was the first time we met. Eek!