Benefit of Glass..

Folks,

Just wondering if any of you more experienced folks out there can advise why should we consider glass over as standard rabbit for instance... the glass has no buzzy bits!!!! We would be interested in today's offer, so just wondering what benefits glass has.

Ta

Temperature play and glass for me is always good on the G-Spot

A glass dildo isn't really a substitute for a rabbit or any other sort of vibrator. You're right - there are no buzzy bits. But it is a really good alternative to dildos (non vibrating toys) made from other substances for a number of reasons.

First, they are very hygienic and easy to keep clean. Second, they can be warmed up or cooled down for a bit of variety in how they feel. And third, well, some people (my OH for one) just see to love the hardness and solidity of a glass toy. They also look pretty good.

if you can afford it, it is definitely worth investing in a variety of different toys, buzzy and non-buzzy, to see what works for you. Actually, even within the buzzy and non-buzzy categories there is a whole load of variety. Have fun experimenting ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

You can make glass 'buzz' by holding a powerful vibrator or wand against it :-) Temperature play is amazing, and cleaning couldn't be easier, mine go in the dishwasher.

Simplicity is sometimes best. Glass toys feel great warmed up and they're a doddle to clean. They'll also live forever if you treat them right, unlike a rubber toy for example.

Well, I have a really good blog post abou--- I mean :P

Nah, glass is great.
As said above, temperature play is amazing, and they're so so hygenic as glass is completely non-porus, generally smooth so there are no hidey holes for bacteria, and you can just chuck them in the dishwasher!

I personally love glass for the shapes it comes in, and just how smooth it is. You don't have any of that faff that you would with silicon picking up lint, or being draggy, or bending if it's not hard enough. Glass is just great!

And for the price of today's DOTD, do it do it do it!
You can always send it back!

I've recently tried my first glass toy and love it because of the temperature play and because I can apply just the right amount of pressure to my G spot. It's nice to have a selection of toys that feel completely different.

FoxxyFB, thanks for the tip about how to get a buzz from glass, I'll be giving that a try :)

temperature play is brilliant for the senses, warm or chilled. You can use it to massage, hit the g-spot or anal (if the shape fits).

I mix up my collection, which I would honestly say is a good thing. vibes, silicone dildos, glass dildos etc. They all have a certain place in my bedroom antics.

But it's up to you, it is a sex toy that will appeal to you?

Hobbles1247 wrote:

Glass toys feel great warmed up

I've bought today's DotD - my first ever glass dildo - and this is the main reason why. Everyone says it feels so good warmed up, and imagining the sensation, it's something I will probably love.

Sorry to hijack another person's thread with my own question, but I'm just wondering if the experienced glass owners can advise me - should I store my glass dildo any differently from my silicone dildos? My silicone is just slung in a box with my vibrators and other toys, but I don't want to do that with my new glass if it means it'll get chipped.

Ok.. the temperate play never crossed our minds in this one............![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)![](upload://9xFhXP6neHrYtSJ6GTOlM10MIsf.gif) OH really is 'content' with what we have but would consider something more if there was a benefit..![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) hence the query today.

Can only imagine the kids doing their chores and emptying the dishwasher with this in the 'cutlery' rack!!! LOL

CutieCurious wrote:

Hobbles1247 wrote:

Glass toys feel great warmed up

I've bought today's DotD - my first ever glass dildo - and this is the main reason why. Everyone says it feels so good warmed up, and imagining the sensation, it's something I will probably love.

Sorry to hijack another person's thread with my own question, but I'm just wondering if the experienced glass owners can advise me - should I store my glass dildo any differently from my silicone dildos? My silicone is just slung in a box with my vibrators and other toys, but I don't want to do that with my new glass if it means it'll get chipped.

If there's any toy you can just chuck in a drawer, it's glass.
All glass sex toys are made of borosciliate glass, or Pyrex to most of us. It doesn't break, it won't chip, and it won't react with anything else either.

Just don't chuck it in the microwave or freezer.

I just gave in and bought the glass that's DOTD. I've been interested in glass for a while now, can't wait to try it out!

Glass dildos should be made from borosilicate glass; this is a hard type of glass and shatter proof, making it body safe.

TBH All my sex toys, silicone and glass etc, all have their own storage bags, it just simply helps prolong their life and keeps them cleaner.

If you are spending the bucks on a sex toy, especially a pricy one, well actually, any sex toy that is decent, then get yourself a couple of storage bags to place them in. I know it sounds daft, even cotton socks, do the trick for glass toys.

I was looking for a blog post on this subject. Most of the important points seem to have been covered above, with one noticeable exception. It makes an excellent weapon in the event of an intruder.

Sum Sub wrote:

I was looking for a blog post on this subject. Most of the important points seem to have been covered above, with one noticeable exception. It makes an excellent weapon in the event of an intruder.

I genuinely do have one, actually :P

But that too misses the uses of glass dildos as weaponry. Which I have to agree, they are pretty good at....

fairehlights wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

I genuinely do have one, actually :P

But that too misses the uses of glass dildos as weaponry. Which I have to agree, they are pretty good at....

I was thinking more of a good choice of weapon, if a zombie apocolypse happened.

After all these fb and tweets of "zombie apocolypse has descended, the first object to your right is what you have to defend yourself with"

I started noticing a pattern, when I replied 'cat, dog, child, coke can, tv remote'........now my replies will be 'icicles dildo no . 30,56,60' :p

I love my glass its starts off cold then walk it just hits the spot just right

Thank you to the kind folks who offered tips on storage :D

I'm so happy that this came up as today's DotD. Not only have I been thinking of glass, but I've been specifically lusting after spiral designs. I'm so excited for it to arrive now.

It's really hygienic.

Glass works really well for me when it comes to squirting