Best lube for anal play

Hi, anyone found an anal lube that stands out above the rest? We generally use "Anal Lube" by California Exotics or Astro Glide water based which is not as god as the Anal Lube. Both are water based. We have also used Astro Glide Silicon based but although very slippery, it does not stay on toys easily when applied. I'm looking for a good product that can be used with silicon toys.

Hi B52, for anal, I personally use Sliquid Sassy or Lovehoney’s own Anal Lube as they don’t contain any chemical nasties, are slightly thicker than normal lube and long lasting:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11373

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28339

Don't forget, you can’t use silicone lube with silicone toys as this can degrade or melt the toy. Always use water based lubes with silicone.

Hope this helps :) xx

Thanks, which of the 2 do you rate highest and do they have any smell or taste?

B52 wrote:

Thanks, which of the 2 do you rate highest and do they have any smell or taste?

Both are virtually tasteless, they have no smell at all which is great. It is a tough one to call as they are both very similar - I have just done a quick 'back of hand test' - both last an equal amount of time – I personally prefer Sassy as it is slightly thicker, but there is nothing to really call between these lubes, and I use them both regularly :) xx

It depends I guess on how long you play for anally...I say that because over the years I have tried most anal lubes and there are a lot about now too that boast long lasting non sticky etc.

Most water based gel type lubes are ok for short duration anal play but I have found they just don't go the distance...I use Liquid Silk as a general lube and for adding to more water based 'butter' type lubes for prolonged anal play, pegging and fisting.

I use to use a product called Mans Grease...Not very sexy sounding but it was a water based thick creamy lube in a jar rather than a bottle. You can't get it now so the search was on for something similar. After much searching and being recomended by a pro Dom I found 'Boy Butter' which I have added to the 'Pander to me' section of the forum as I think its the best I have found.

I would definetly stay away from an anal lube that is desensitising...you need to feel what you are doing so you know what your limits are.

Enjoy x

This may sound stupid but I think I'll avoid the names such as Man Grease or Boy Butter as It just doesnt sound right ! I cant imagine asking my wife to get the " get the Boy Butter" out but would be quite fine with someting like " Super Slide " etc. The former is simply a game stopper and complete turn off for me even though I have no issues requesting a good pegging. Strange how a perseption of something can have such a big effect .

Sliquid sassy i find is the best for me. It is extra thick for anal uses and it is all natural, so there is no nasty chemicals.

Maximus works well for me http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13084

The lovehoney stuff works well enough i recon.

Well, tried Liquid Sassy and works OK. i think I prefer the California Cherry Scented Anal Lube though as it's somewhat thicker , seems to last longer plus smells and tastes great too.

Well, tried Liquid Sassy and works OK. i think I prefer the California Cherry Scented Anal Lube though as it's somewhat thicker , seems to last longer plus smells and tastes great too.

We use Maximus or Lovehoney Anal lubricant.

I've used both Sliquid Sassy and Lovehoney's Discover lubricant and - though Sassy was a firm favourite of mine - I think I prefer Discover. It's cheaper and I've found it thicker than Sassy.

+1 for Sassy!

B52.. yes I can see that asking for 'Boy Butter' or 'Mans Grease' would be a bit of a passion killer if you refer to lube by their brand names I guess during play.... we tend to just say 'Lube' Thick or Thin and only ever have 2 we use now and I tend to know which to use for what ..hahahah.. Glad you found one you like though...its a pain in the 'bum' when you can't find a good pegging lube x