Best Vibrator for a Beginner?

Hello all, I am looking for some advice on the best vibrator to get as a beginner? I have never had a rabbit or any other style of vibrator before, and I very much want to try one. I have only ever had small, bullet style vibrator. What have been some of the ones that have given you the best experiences?

For beginners look into the BASICS range, this was one of my first vibrators http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=319 x

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12292
I'd go for something like this x

Hi there, here are a couple of links below which should be really helpful to you :) xx

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/buyers-guide/how-to-choose-your-first-sex-toy/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/buyers-guide/beginners-guide-sex-toys/

i had a rocks off bullet fo rmy first vibe xx

Whereas I can't recommmend any specific rabbit (with the one I have I feel nothing on my clit, besides I find that trying to master the technology completely kills the mood and whereas it feels nice and interesting right now I couldn't come from or with it) - or other insertable vibrator - I would give this general advice:

1. Enjoy browsing the website, reading the buyer's guides, checking out the Lovehoney blog (link at bottom of this page), looking at the videos of the products that interest you

2. Make sure that you've seen all the special offers: There's the sex toy special offers, the 2 or 3 for £ x deals, the deal of the day (changes at midnight) and the deal of the week (new one on Wednesday). If I have missed anything, somebody please tell me!

Some offers differ between web sites - as lovehoney.eu is also in English it's worth a look (paying in Euros is not a problem if you use PayPal).

Have fun!

Tracy Cox Rechargable Rabbit is a good one - nice smooth / softer surface, not too big. It is reviewed off my profile if that is helpful.

What the videos / read up to understand the differences in materials of jelly, silicone, etc.

Thank you, everybody! I definitely have some shopping to do!

I've just bought the slimline beginners Jessica rabbit for my first vibrator. I too had only used a small bullet type before, so really looking forward to giving it a go! ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

I bought the humdinger http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21149 not as my first toy, but as one of my first toys, and it is an everlasting favourite. Very much worth a try!

MissBlondieee! Let me know how it is! These vibrators all look really great! I haven't bought one yet, but I am looking at my options for sure, and I really appreciate all your help. What do you guys look for in a vibrator? Is it more about speed, or is it just finding the right one for the right person?

MissBlondieee wrote:

I've just bought the slimline beginners Jessica rabbit for my first vibrator. I too had only used a small bullet type before, so really looking forward to giving it a go! ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Ooh good choice! This was my first rabbit too and I loved it. Earth shattering orgasms and all that, it's amazing and a great one to start out with since it's so slim.

EllieGrace wrote:

MissBlondieee! Let me know how it is! These vibrators all look really great! I haven't bought one yet, but I am looking at my options for sure, and I really appreciate all your help. What do you guys look for in a vibrator? Is it more about speed, or is it just finding the right one for the right person?

What type of vibrator you go for really depends on the person. Personally, I get off best from pinpoint clitoral stimulation so bullets work really well for me. I don't like wands, rockets and other vibrators that provide a broader clitoral stimulation so I avoid those.

Once I've decided on a specific kind of vibrator, I then look at other things such as:

- Price
- Material
- Vibration speed / patterns
- Volume
- Rechargeable VS Batteries
- Waterproof (Yes / No)
- Colour

For me, volume is an important factor since I don't live alone so subtlety is a big issue. Depending on my budget, price is also something I look at. I expect more out of expensive vibrators in terms of whether or not it's rechargeable or waterproof and how strong the vibrations are. Colour isn't really important to me, but I know it matters to some people.

Hope this helps! c:

Minkish Minx wrote:

EllieGrace wrote:

What type of vibrator you go for really depends on the person. Personally, I get off best from pinpoint clitoral stimulation so bullets work really well for me. I don't like wands, rockets and other vibrators that provide a broader clitoral stimulation so I avoid those.

Once I've decided on a specific kind of vibrator, I then look at other things such as:

- Price
- Material
- Vibration speed / patterns
- Volume
- Rechargeable VS Batteries
- Waterproof (Yes / No)
- Colour

For me, volume is an important factor since I don't live alone so subtlety is a big issue. Depending on my budget, price is also something I look at. I expect more out of expensive vibrators in terms of whether or not it's rechargeable or waterproof and how strong the vibrations are. Colour isn't really important to me, but I know it matters to some people.

Hope this helps! c:

This definitely helps. I don't have to worry too much about the volume factor, but that's a very good list of things to look for. I will keep those things in mind as I search. I don't have a very large budget at all, but I can save up for a while and look into maybe getting one that's really good.

Tracy Cox Rechargable Rabbit is a good one - nice smooth / softer surface, not too big. It is reviewed off my profile if that is helpful.

What the videos / read up to understand the differences in materials of jelly, silicone, etc.

Second this! It was my first rabbit! Its got a really luxury feel, great vibration (but not numbingly strong) and small enough for someone new to sex toys. Hmmm going to go play with mine now! :L

Echo32B wrote:

Second this! It was my first rabbit! Its got a really luxury feel, great vibration (but not numbingly strong) and small enough for someone new to sex toys. Hmmm going to go play with mine now! :L

It sounds like a great toy! I will definitely check it out! :3

I have the Tracey Cox Rechargeable Rabbit as well. It really is good for a beginner because it's slim and non-intimidating :)

Another vote here for the Tracey Cox supersex USB rechargeable rabbit - the first time I'd ever felt a toy with such a velvety/silky surface! Fab, and no worries for buying batteries. :-) x

Oh boy, now I really want that Tracey Cox rabbit. :3 Literally *everytime* someone asks for a rabbit recommendation, that baby gets the most votes for being the best.

I need it. D:

Wow! That one definitely seems to be the most popular! It really looks amazing, I just wish it were in the budget!