Best way to clean sex toys so they're clean and safe?

I purchased my first vibe off LoveHoney yesterday and also bought a bottle of the SQWERTY stuff as well that you clean your toys with. I used my vibe straight out the packet this morning (yes, I know, I was that excited!). It was great and I'm so pleased I bought it from here.

I was just wondering how to keep my toys clean so they're safe for me to use and I won't get infections inside me. Only I will be using them but I just want to know that I'm not causing myself damage.

Thanks, xx

If you use the search forum I think there are a couple of topics on this .

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/sex-talk/98813-how-do-you/

This might answer some questions. We just tend to use baby wipes and have the odd 'deep clean'. It also depends on the toy!

WandA wrote:

If you use the search forum I think there are a couple of topics on this External Media.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/sex-talk/98813-how-do-you/

This might answer some questions. We just tend to use baby wipes and have the odd 'deep clean'. It also depends on the toy!

The toy I have is this, http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12327

Yeah, it says it submersible so I'd just use baby wipes and give it a good clean under the hot tap.

Enjoy your new toy!

As WandA has already mentioned there are plenty of threads that will tell you what you want to hear. But now you've found LH and you'll be buying lots more, one thing that isn't obvious is to keep different materials away from each other as they can react to one another.

SmoothOne wrote:

As WandA has already mentioned there are plenty of threads that will tell you what you want to hear. But now you've found LH and you'll be buying lots more, one thing that isn't obvious is to keep different materials away from each other as they can react to one another.

Oooo excellent point! Some toys 'melt' with each other so keep any rubbery/silicone materials away from each other... I have a masturbator that has lost a couple of nobules!

SmoothOne wrote:

As well as keeping the same materials apart! Specifically the silicone ones, they tend to melt if you leave them touching each other.

In my toy box, I keep the silicone ones in their original packaging, then the plastic and rubber ones can all go in together.

I just clean mine with baby wipes then occasionally with hot water when I'm home alone and can cart all my toys over to the bathroom. Planning to get some of the Sqwerty stuff soon though. I know I'm not as paranoid about infections, germs and the like as I should be!

I use detol antiseptic soap and hot water.

SG69

1 Like

I use antisepit hand wash, soap, gels and hand wipes out of my St John first aid kit. But I think you should wash them first then use gels and wipes but don't use baby wipes had a bad expernice with them my rubber vibe started to peel ( not good ) XxX

Have to agree with the initial wash under a running hot tap, then using facial wipe to finish.