Best way to hand wash underwear

My girlfriend has only recently started to get a variety of different underwear some of which say to hand wash cold just wondering the best way to do this? And the best things to use?

I hand wash our stuff with baby shampoo and pat dry between two towels, but I know some people pop theirs in the washer on a cool/gentle cycle in a delicates bag. Mrs Chimp only wears a couple of bits a week so hand washing isn't too arduous. 🙂 If there was more of it I'd be tempted to put at least some of it in the washer.

There's a guide that might help you decide. 🙂👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sexy-lingerie/buyers-guide/lingerie-care-guide/

Thanks you for your comment we wasn’t to sure when we looked at the washer we see it had a hand wash setting but wasn’t to sure if it would be ok. My girlfriend did come up with the idea of using a washing pod in boiling water before cooling it down with water from the tap and hand washing it seemed ok just seeing what was best. Thanks again and will look at the link posted

I wash the most sensitive of my lingerie as Ian described. For others I use liquid detergent for sencitives, while I the least sensitive sensitives through the hand-wash cycle in my washing machine. I highly recommend letting them dry laying on a drying rack (don't hang them if possible), avoiding direct sunlight.

Wow i didnt know there was so many ways to wash lingerie typical man i suppose ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

will65 wrote:

Wow i didnt know there was so many ways to wash lingerie typical man i suppose

''Typical man'' who has never had any delicate underwear, that's all. =)

Handwash in the sink in warm water, with a gentle detergent (I don't use biological as it irritates my skin). Sometimes I pop things into a pillowcase and put them in the washing machine on a gentle cyle but a handwash is quicker. Pay attention to crotch area or any part which has been in contact with lube or fluids, and dry on a hanging rack or over a cool radiator.

A splash of Woolite in some warm water, squeeze it through a few times then rinse in cool water. If it's very delicate I'll blot in a towel to et rid of most of the excess water.

The really, really delicate stuff gets washed in KnitIQ as you don't have to rinse it out.

If you really can't be bothered with handwashing you could try washing inside two lingerie bags to make sure they don't get thown about too much. A cool, short cycle should do it.

Look for delicate wash products (usually on the top shelf in supermarkets). Make sure the detergent is suitable to use in a washing machine, though. Some are hand wash only and can flood your machine with suds. I've used supermarket own brands and the Persil version but stick to Woolite as it can be used in the machine and is suitable for wool and silk.

Smultron wrote:

will65 wrote:

Wow i didnt know there was so many ways to wash lingerie typical man i suppose

''Typical man'' who has never had any delicate underwear, that's all. =)

who said that i haven't smultron

Thanks we just ended up hand washing with a touch of washing powder in the sink but going to look into new products for cleaning with hand washing or anything that will dissolve a bit better on a lower heat and hand wash setting in a machine. We did just lay them out to dry on a radiator that wasn’t on and it seemed to work ok. Thanks again