Blind Subscription Boxes

They seem to be all the rage at the moment; boxes you subscribe to on a monthly basis and contain items of interest. In the case of Lovehoney, of course, these would be sex-related gubbins. Is this something that LH have considered?

Of course sexuality isn't something you can shoehorn into 5-10 diffrent items every month, but boxes such as;

Solo Female

Solo Male

M-F Couple

F-F Couple

M-M Couple

Should offer the widest range of goodies. It can be used as a good place to try many new products which are a suprise to the recipients until they are opened. Many geek or food-related boxes have gone on the be popular around the world.

LH could even be a bit sneaky and include tester products, paid for by condom, lubricant, toy manufacturers for free, if the scale and scope deemed it worthy.

I guess this would be kind of similar to the crazy mystery summer bundles ( e.g. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33677 http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33676 )

For me, it would be too likely I'd get things I didn't want or already had, plus sex toys aren't cheap so the box would probably be out of my price range if it was a regular thing. I do hope Lovehoney keeps doing the crazy mystery bundles though.

I would not buy it because I probably own more than half of what would be in there!

I would not buy it because I probably own more than half of what would be in there!

same! That's why I didn't buy any bundles this summer.

I prefer choosing my own things so wouldn't buy it!

Purring-Pussy wrote:

same! That's why I didn't buy any bundles this summer.

Me three...prefer the 3 for £x deals...but then who doesn't like those, right?

would love it but i have so many sex toys i would probably just get the male on elike i did with the mystery bundles xx

I actually review both geek and food subscription boxes haha :)

I think Lovehoney ones would go the same way as the geek ones; you end up with a bunch of tat that yes, technically you got more monetary worth than what you paid, but you now have a bunch of stuff you don't really care about and have no use/space for. You think the mystery would be fun and exciting but you end up not wanting to bother with a second month.

Food boxes work because you eat them and they're gone, then in comes your next box of new and exciting things. Physical items? Most people make them work by selling all the items they don't want to make room for more items next month. You can quite easily make the boxes pay for themselves doing this, too. That obviously wouldn't work with sex toys because selling them is a pain and they're not like geeky collectibles, you don't get good money for unwanted sex toys.

That's not even getting into the fact that the physical boxes fill up with lower value (under £20) items, cheap geek things are widely available and are pretty neat but cheap sex toys kind of suck. People tend to buy cheap sex toys then either give up on toys or realise there is better out there so buy better, more expensive sex toys. You wouldn't want a box of jelly cock rings and cheapo finger vibes every month, yet that's pretty much all they could afford to stuff the boxes with as higher price items (even £20-£30) would push the price of the box higher than what people would pay every month.

I think the Summer time mystery boxes are the best Lovehoney could do in terms of blind boxes.

Much easier to set aside a set amount each month and buy something you actually want from the deals :)

I do love the idea and my immediate thought was that it would be great to receive an item each month.

But I dont think I would subscribe, only because I have particular tastes and I know what I like. Anything that arrived that I didn't like would go to waste more than likely.

However what I would love would be a glass dildo of the month where you could opt out if you wanted, but you would automatically recieved a selected glass dildo at a cut price on the same day every month.

Or a luxury toy of the month where one luxury toy could be cut in price for one day only. Just throwing ideas out there.

I don't think this is a bad idea at all, but I think the focus is wrong. If you made the boxes full of lubes and candles and massage oil, maybe even one nice yoy, and marketed it as a couples box, then the items would be more universal and consumable. It needs a little development but it could work as a bangbox product

EskimoKisser wrote:

They seem to be all the rage at the moment; boxes you subscribe to on a monthly basis and contain items of interest. In the case of Lovehoney, of course, these would be sex-related gubbins. Is this something that LH have considered?

Of course sexuality isn't something you can shoehorn into 5-10 diffrent items every month, but boxes such as;

Solo Female

Solo Male

M-F Couple

F-F Couple

M-M Couple

Should offer the widest range of goodies. It can be used as a good place to try many new products which are a suprise to the recipients until they are opened. Many geek or food-related boxes have gone on the be popular around the world.

LH could even be a bit sneaky and include tester products, paid for by condom, lubricant, toy manufacturers for free, if the scale and scope deemed it worthy.

Hi,

This is something that people ask me about from time to time. It's a lovely idea, but the answer is that we just wouldn't be able to do it in a way that would make the customer happy and be worth the effort (in the nicest way possible!).

We have previously tried random grab bags, then crazy random bundles, then crazy mystery bundles... so it's an idea we keep trying in our own way, but it needs to be organised incredibly tightly in order to give customers a Lovehoney-worthy experience. It reamins to be decided if we'll be doing crazy/random/box/etc things in future...

I also think that subscription boxes would work best for consumables - food, wine, spinning fibre, yarn, cosmetics... But personally I prefer to choose and buy exactly what I want - I even have a problem with the 3 for x deals, as I have a hard time finding three things I really want. I'm trying to convince myself that paying € 15 for the one item I want is less money spent than getting said item plus two that will remain unused for € 25.... (fortunately I'm beginning to see that between deal of the day, deal of the week and other special offers there's a good chance that the € 15 item will be down to € 10 or even 7.50 sooner or later).

The fun and excitement is in discovering the deal of the day and deal of the week...

Reminds me of the crazy mystery bundles that pop up every now and then. I think once off mystery boxes are a better option than a subscription as even the most sex toy addicted people probably don't need a whole box of new toys every four weeks or so.

I know alot of people look for returns when the contents of the mystery bundles don't suit them so I can see a monthly subscription box having that issue and making alot of work for the lovehoney staff.

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Hi,

This is something that people ask me about from time to time. It's a lovely idea, but the answer is that we just wouldn't be able to do it in a way that would make the customer happy and be worth the effort (in the nicest way possible!).

We have previously tried random grab bags, then crazy random bundles, then crazy mystery bundles... so it's an idea we keep trying in our own way, but it needs to be organised incredibly tightly in order to give customers a Lovehoney-worthy experience. It reamins to be decided if we'll be doing crazy/random/box/etc things in future...

After reading other replies and yours, I understand. I never got around to buying one of the crazy mystery things, they were always at the wrong times.
But yeah, I get it

Thanks for the the reply!

There have already been quite a few of these popping up and they never seem to last very long - the one successful one I can think of is the Unbound Box, which is a quarterly thing and seems to do pretty well. Tbh I've been contacted by a few asking about reviews and always decline because whenever I ask about the contents it's usually the same old stuff - condoms, offbrand bullet vibes, cheapie feather ticklers or handcuffs, a sachet of lube and a bobbly glass dildo/rubber rabbit. Not particularly inspiring.

I've seen a couple from America that are more lingerie based that could potentially be fun but I think even that would still cause issues with people wanting to return or not liking the item etc. All the toy ones I have seen seem to be be beginners toys or things most people with a reasonable collection would already have

Yeah, I saw the errors of my suggestion mere minutes after posting it. With so many different body sizes and tastes, it'd be almost impossible. Oh well, I should probably refrain from posting ideas at 1am.

EskimoKisser wrote:

Yeah, I saw the errors of my suggestion mere minutes after posting it. With so many different body sizes and tastes, it'd be almost impossible. Oh well, I should probably refrain from posting ideas at 1am.

I'm painfully familiar with how you feel :/

I dont think this would be a good idea in terms of toys....

But possibly a ittle mystery box of small things such as cock rings, oils, lubs, condoms, edible cocks etc... but the problem is the fact that some people would not need these items.

:(

Thumper the Rabbit wrote:

I don't think this is a bad idea at all, but I think the focus is wrong. If you made the boxes full of lubes and candles and massage oil, maybe even one nice yoy, and marketed it as a couples box, then the items would be more universal and consumable. It needs a little development but it could work as a bangbox product

That's an awesome take on it 👍