Bondage beginners

Hi we have been wanting to try a bit more fun in the bedroom and have talked about blindfolds and handcuffs for my self and wife to be more dominant.
I have said I am open to her letting her do anything to me.
Have you guys any experience of what she could do hints tips and any experiences you would like to share
Thanks

4 Likes

“Anything” is quite a wide remit so you might want to narrow it down together before looking for suggestions from others, otherwise you could both end up doing something you both find really boring because you thought the other was into it or because it seemed popular.

What turns you both on? Maybe browse the shopping site together and see what takes both of your fancies. Maybe make a list of things that get your horny just looking at them, things that are intriguing and things that are a massive no way, not ever. You could also do this separately and compare lists. When you’ve done common themes, it will be easier to get advice on how to incorporate them.

The other thing I would suggest is for both of you to think about what is the important part of this. Is it all about giving/receiving physical stimulation or is it about you being under her control? It might be that it is a bit of a combination of the two, but is one more important? If it’s the physical, then finding the right physical is key, if it’s control then it is more important to set the mood and get the right headspace.

2 Likes

Hi

Thanks I am open to trying most things and I have bought a beginner’s bondage set to start things but want her to take more control and me more dominant with me with whatever she really wants toys pain whips ice hot wax haha

We thought this would be a good way as if I have no control what is going on then it’s up to her what she does

Just wanting any ideas and experience people have got or had

3 Likes

When I wanted to get my OH into some light bondage, we started with some light spanking and some handcuffs. I did start out by telling them what I would like to try, and then as they got more comfortable with the idea, they were then happy and keen to take control. It can be quite nerve-wracking if you haven’t done anything like that before - so some gentle coaching at the beginning can be very helpful. The important thing to remember, is if they don’t feel comfortable doing it - don’t push them. Just take it nice and slow and keep communicating with each other. Consent and communication is a key factor in enjoying safe bondage play - whether you are being the Dom or the sub.

3 Likes

Under mattresses restraints are good as are wrist to thigh restraints.

4 Likes

Someone posted this survey a few days ago that might help you and your partner come up with some ideas.

2 Likes

My wife and I haven’t don’t too much bondage yet.

I’m up for trying more things but my wife says she’s perfectly bavooy with the sex and toys we use and very beginner light bondage stuff like eye shades etc.

I would say no to wax :laughing:

From other things I’ve read in her I wouldn’t mind her doing most things to me.

I wouldn’t want any Penis humiliation or stepping on my cock with a stiletto etc.

I wouldn’t mind being tied up to a chair or bed and being scratched or spanked in a firm non permanent marking way… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Under-bed restraints are great but to start with I’d get some bondage tape. It’s cheap and travel friendly for those weekends away. Blindfolds are good and somehow make it less embarrassing for the giver and receiver when starting out. I like to use a paddle or whip on her butt and she loves it.

1 Like

One of the most important things is a “safeword” . In a “scene” , you can be in agony yet ecstasy at the same time . Ive been crying out in pain from a severe caning , yet never wanted it to stop .
A “safeword” is what you use if it genuinely becomes too much , either physically or mentally. Once used , the scene must stop , there and then , until you are both ready to resume .
It goes without saying that it must be safe and never leave anyone restrained , unattended. Get quick release cuffs , and keep a sharp blade handy for emergencies .
"Safe , Sane , and Consential " is the key .
One more thing…ENJOY !!!

3 Likes

We tried a little lite bondage at the time the wife we as reading the 50 Shades series of books
In fact we tried a few new things then plus purchased a few toys to try
But the bondage thong wasn’t really for us

4 Likes

Blindfolds and handcuffs are where a lot of people start. They can simply be silky, lacy things and very non threatening, the kind of things you could get out of if you really needed to. You don’t have to go straight in for leather and chains!

Moving on, there are a whole variety of different restraints and types of toys that she could use on you while you’re tied up. The best thing is to have a browse of LH together and pick a few out that you can try together. My wife really like blindfolds, buttplugs and nipple clamps (surprisingly, after being unsure for a long time whether to give them a go). I really like blindfolds and gags.

3 Likes

We are dipping our toes into this and we’ve started with blindfolds and some LH Fierce pieces that come with soft cuffs and chains. We were watching How to Make a Sex room and I think we might look into some shibari rope next, and the wife seems pretty keen on a spanking bench or one of those sex chaises.

1 Like

There are also some couples apps can use such as xconfessions and others similar where you can go through and select things you each like.
You would connect with your partner through the app, and any that you both like will show as matches - that way don’t have to sit there thinking hmmmm what to suggest, or how would they think if I mentioned this. Anything you don’t match on stays unknown.
Once have a few matches can talk around what like about those ideas/suggestions and do your own thing around them.

2 Likes

HELP! I am totally new to bondage, he isn’t! Any Senseis out there? What do I need to know before I freak him out!

1 Like

@westielvr I recommend a course in knot tying and how to quickly undo them, which is important. Alternatively you can buy a book to study.