Bondage Candles Advice..

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are very much into all things kinky, but the one thing we've never tried is bondage candles. My partner is really keen, but I'm not so sure! How much does it hurt? I have a high pain tolerance and can take a lot of spanking or whipping, clamps, etc, but for some reason I'm really worried about these - any advice would be appreciated! :)

Hi Alice :)

Firstly, everyone's bodies are different, someone could feel extreme pain from something that someone else could barely feel, so no one else's experience is going to be able to tell you exactly what experience you will have.

I would recommend just buying them, and taking things slow. Bondage candles still burn at a lower temperature than normal candles, so they are a but safer. Also, the higher you hold them away from your body the lower the temperature of the wax is when it hits your skin, because it cools down as it's falling. I think it also would be best for you to try it out on the palm of your hand first, this is naturally a bit thicker than the skin elsewhere on your body, so you could have a few tries of holding the candle really high and dropping it onto your hand, then if the pain is too intense to be pleasurable for you then just don't go through with it. If it is okay for you, try and see how it feels when the candle is lowered, and then eventually when you're confident move on to more sensitive skin.

Hope you work something out :)

Good suggestion Mrs!

This is something i've always wanted to try but i'm a bit nervous, so we got some massage candles to try out first - and the great thing is, you can than massage it into the skin, meaning clean-up is easy!

I did have a bondage candle many a year ago, but I never used it because Mr has very thick chest hair and I wasn't sure if that would er, cause a little problem.. haha...

Hi there, I personally love hot wax. I'm not a masochist, but I do like some pain with my pleasure - lol. I have these ones and they are really good:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17485

The wax in bondage a candle is different to normal candles, as it has a low melting point. The intensity of sensation can be controlled by the height at which you drop the wax. Obviously the lower you go the more painful it will be. Just start quite high, approx 20 inches from the skin and just experiment. I have tried these out a few times now and each time they do give you quite a thrill of excitement. The wax is not supposed to get too hot - but when dropped onto your skin it does feel like a quick burning sensation but it is also strangely pleasurable too. They can leave red marks - but these do go after a few hours.

It's handy to lay on an old bath towel or similar under you to prevent stray wax from getting on your bed. The wax will peel off your skin very easily after you have finished your session. Hope this helps xxx

Good advice above.

The sting is much like a crack from crop in my opinion, with just as much control over the sensation.

Dripping from higher up gives the wax more time to cool before striking the skin, whilst closer to the skin will be hotter.

Dripping on more sensitive parts of the skin creates a more intense sting.

Dripping on genitals is more intense still, but if you can accept a good spanking then the candles are probably well within your tolerance.

Also, you can vary the time between each drop to control the stinging, and use multiple candles too.

We tend to use the candles a lot with the almosta 4posta underbed restraint system, and almost always blindfolded, because I enjoy it much more when I dunno where the sting will be.

We also use ours with a PVC sheet as then you can just use a dustpan & brush to clean up!

I actually find it takes me ages to peel the wax off afterwards, but then I am a hairy gorilla

I agree with Subby about the blindfold, I am always blindfolded when Mr Scorpius uses hot wax on me... It really does add to the thrill and anticipation. Also the wax does come off much easier if you are hair free - lol xx

Thanks for the advice everyone! Is there anywhere you should avoid dripping it or is it safe anywhere?

Think I'm gonna go for it, I've pretty much told the OH no so it'll be a nice surprise for him if I order them after all!

I'm not sure it would be safe to drip inside of you or in your eyes, but other than that you're good to go

Glad to have been a source of inspiration ;)

My partner was scared, when i mention wax play as long as you use the proper candles your will be fine . He really now enjoys using candles on me as he knows he can't burn or hurt me which was one of the many worries .

I like the 3 in 1 candles as they make a lovely massage oil afterwards. The lower the candle the hottter and stinger it can be the higher it is the cooler it is when it hits the skin . Its all about experimenting and finding whats gets you off the most .

Enjoy and be safe se the proper candles.