Bondage - Do you have material or colour preferences?

lovingnewtoys wrote:

I know you already sell bondage rope, but perhaps some items that are 'pre-tied' eg some kind of adjustable breast bondage for those of us who aren't that technically adept!

I can't tie my shoes properly and can do a pentagram rope harness on myself! The basic chest ones are so so easy I promise. Have a look here:

http://www.theduchy.com/ties.shtml

That's where I learnt my chest harnesses and the kadara in my pics :)

MondaySixteenth wrote:

lovingnewtoys wrote:

I know you already sell bondage rope, but perhaps some items that are 'pre-tied' eg some kind of adjustable breast bondage for those of us who aren't that technically adept!

I can't tie my shoes properly and can do a pentagram rope harness on myself! The basic chest ones are so so easy I promise. Have a look here:

http://www.theduchy.com/ties.shtml

That's where I learnt my chest harnesses and the kadara in my pics :)

Funny enough you were actually my inspiration! Thanks for the link I will have a look xx

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Funny enough you were actually my inspiration! Thanks for the link I will have a look xx

Nice to know I've inspired some rope fun!

Honestly the chest ones are easy enough if you have some half decent rope, bondage botique one is what I used. :) Enjoy and post a product pic when you're all tied up!

Are there any colours or materials you love or hate for bondage gear? (This can be anything from restraints and spankers to fetishwear and sensory tools.)

My biggest concern on materials is always to avoid real leather, and so I'd love to see leather alternatives (faux leather, PVC), particularly in more unusual colours. Like I'm so jealous of there being baby pink real leather cuffs but no vegan alternative. There's also a leather paddle that spanks the word "Slut" onto the spank-ee, and I'd love to see more things with this branding type idea but not real leather.

I think pink or purple would be nice colours, although for fetish clothing I do love black. My favourite material for fetishwear is probably wet look, but PVC makes me curious. I really like feminine aesthetics for everything, so more stuff with chains and diamante would be pretty awesome.

Is there anything in particular you would like Lovehoney to stock? (No links here please - just a brief description is fine. Links can go on the new Pander to Me thread)

Probably more harnessy type fetish wear (I love the new chest harnesses!), like maybe cage style suspender belts. I enjoy bondagey type things that can also be worn under regular outfits, or that show slightly.

Do you feel we're missing out on any particular niches within the category?

I would be really excited to see more cutesy type bondage stuff for DDlg play.

Hellooo Jess! ^_^

Black leather is my go-to, I loved the silvery gray clour used for the FSOG collection, it was really sublte but sophisticated looking ^_^ x

Skitty wrote:

Are there any colours or materials you love or hate for bondage gear? (This can be anything from restraints and spankers to fetishwear and sensory tools.)

My biggest concern on materials is always to avoid real leather, and so I'd love to see leather alternatives (faux leather, PVC), particularly in more unusual colours. Like I'm so jealous of there being baby pink real leather cuffs but no vegan alternative. There's also a leather paddle that spanks the word "Slut" onto the spank-ee, and I'd love to see more things with this branding type idea but not real leather.

I think pink or purple would be nice colours, although for fetish clothing I do love black. My favourite material for fetishwear is probably wet look, but PVC makes me curious. I really like feminine aesthetics for everything, so more stuff with chains and diamante would be pretty awesome.

Is there anything in particular you would like Lovehoney to stock? (No links here please - just a brief description is fine. Links can go on the new Pander to Me thread)

Probably more harnessy type fetish wear (I love the new chest harnesses!), like maybe cage style suspender belts. I enjoy bondagey type things that can also be worn under regular outfits, or that show slightly.

I would be really excited to see more cutesy type bondage stuff for DDlg play.

+ 1 on slut paddle type products. A company I know used to do chunky wood paddles with chunky wood hearts, skulls or the batman logo on :P

Also +1 on cutesy bondage stuff :) I'm not a little I just love looking adorbs

I prefer leather for many things, but especially for spankers, floggers, crops and such. In a a huge arsenal of these tools I'd say about 95% are leather (including suede here). Wood is great as a material for these, but a bit harsh for my tastes. I am not a faux leather type person, sorry. I do like a good looking chain, and have a remarkably enjoyable chain flogger from AS, so would love to see more items along these lines as Terri mentioned above.

As far as sensory play goes, metal (with no allergens, so alluminimum or stainless or titanium or even silver/gold) is preferred, but glass is very versatile for many objects (other than insertable ones I mean), and wood can substitute a valid choice for nature lovers and/or beginners. I usually avoid plastic in all aspects of my life, so I would prefer to avoid it here too.

As far as restraints go, I hate velcro and the likes. Again, either let it be leather, or chains or some kind of fabric (polyester might do) - but for me elegance and style are crucial for all these toys, so cheap looking like nylon would probably not get bought. I actually prefer the "soft" bondage labeled restraints (such as "satin"), as they are usually more in line with this requirement of mine. Comfort and no lasting signs is a must also.

As far as broadening LH's offer, wow, would I have many-many ideas without going into the extreme as you asked. As an international buyer I am limited in what UK retailers I can (as in it is worth to) buy from, but there is a U...k...y named competitor that has a few bits I really want. Having not had answers on my product requests on the Pander to me, I am very close to buying from them now... There is one cheapish heated metal wand for one, a silicone stand-to-pee cup for ladies, a scrotum cuff that is quite intriguing, a few detailed books about different aspects of bondage such as flogging, spanking, waxing, etc., they also offer more ball stretchers, a realistic ball sack for toys, a great variety of wand attachments... the Bondage Man rainbow pack is also to die for! I am also one that enjoys symbolic "fun" items in bondage too, such as the hand paddle they offer. I find LH's current offer too "serious" at times and having now bought almost everything I would be interested on here, I am - in lack of a better word and I apologise in advance for my frankness - bored by most segments of this site lately.

As far as colours go, I might be obvious, but I am an "all black" girl, and I do like to spice things up occasionally with intense red shades - especially if we are talking about bedroom activities. I would consider burgundy or dark green or maybe grey, but definitely not bright or pastel colours.

Being a little i prefer the more girly coloured bondage products rather than the more hardcore looking colours like reds and blacks

I am finding it hard to get girly bondage products

I'm a huge fan of leather. My favourite range that you currently stock is the DOMINIX range, as it looks heavy duty and the leather feels amazing. When it comes to bondage gear I'm not keen on colours other than black (not sure why, I just think it looks sexier in black).

The main thing I can't stand is when they look flimsy, particularly restraints, so anything plastic or that has flimsy looking chains I tend to avoid.

I like the metal and (faux) leather look. I tend to stick to black and purple but would probably go for some dark shades of other colours (e.g. burgundy, dark green).

I'd like Lovehoney to stock a Whitehead gag and I'd be interested in trying stapling (I've seen disposable ones on other sites). Another thing I've been looking at is metal restraints. Some are quite simple and pretty, despite how they might sound!

Mainly I want more veggie-suitable bondage stuff though.

Friday13 wrote:

I like the metal and (faux) leather look. I tend to stick to black and purple but would probably go for some dark shades of other colours (e.g. burgundy, dark green).

I'd like Lovehoney to stock a Whitehead gag and I'd be interested in trying stapling (I've seen disposable ones on other sites). Another thing I've been looking at is metal restraints. Some are quite simple and pretty, despite how they might sound!

Ooh burgundy and dark green sound great! I'd go for those too.

Friday13 wrote:

I tend to stick to black ... but would probably go for some dark shades of other colours (e.g. burgundy, dark green).

..... Another thing I've been looking at is metal restraints. Some are quite simple and pretty, despite how they might sound!

+1 on the above. Being veggie, I don't like leather, not even a fan of faux leather being an imitation of a material I want to avoid. Materials I do like include silicone and wood (for impact play), metal, nylon and satin for constraints, satin blindfolds, candles, scratchers, glass and ceramics for temperature play. Would be good to see some rope (or even a whole range) in maybe a deep foresty green colour :)

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Are there any colours or materials you love or hate for bondage gear?

Is there anything in particular you would like Lovehoney to stock?

1. Black. Black black black black black. In case I am not being clear enough, black is always a winner!

I'd love to see some more subtley patterned pieces though (like this range: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34014) also, maybe some blood reds (not bright, more crimson)

2. More mildly spikey hitty things (yes, that is technicl jargon :P)

3. Not that I've noticed- you're doing a fantastic job!

I love the idea of more subtly patterned pieces as shadow collector suggested. Also would be nice to have black pieces (like cuffs) which are lined internally with a different colour. A satin like plum purple or a shell pink would be my preference.
Also another vote for branding spankers! I had no idea these even were a thing but now I really want one.
I would love to see more types of positions enhancers as well.

This is all REALLY useful feedback... Thank you! 

I forgot - I'd love a silicone riding crop, shorter handle with a regtangular thin tip for clitoral play!

I think the natural leather stuff is smart. I like the material for restraints to be soft as paradoxically you can fasten it tighter! I have some really stiff black leather cuffs which dig in at the edges and Mark if anywhere near tight. They can be painful which is a distraction I don't really look for in cuffs.

I think colours can be fun for a change but think black or natural would be my preference.

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

I love the idea of more subtly patterned pieces as shadow collector suggested. Also would be nice to have black pieces (like cuffs) which are lined internally with a different colour. A satin like plum purple or a shell pink would be my preference.
Also another vote for branding spankers! I had no idea these even were a thing but now I really want one.
I would love to see more types of positions enhancers as well.

One thousand times yes to this idea!

Love bondage. Hate leather and latex. It's a funny old game. Always was a fan of the ol' makeshift wrists tied with.. a tie. Do like the more 'makeshift' approach. I suppose 'professional' looking stuff never did the trick for me. Wouldn't mind more lovely ribbony things. That said, I'm sure a single man isn't the demographic you look for in bondage suggestions. 'tis but history and fantasy.

Perhaps a silicone riding crop or spanker with the Lovehomey symbol on . So it makes an impression on your rear! Again in a variety of colours .