Bonus Formatting

Hey, I was wondering how to make the emoji bigger, thanks for that tip!
:slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

That’s groovy

:+1:

1 Like

Actually, a much better way of doing this is following the emoji with the <hairsp> (eg) code. It does the same job, but is invisible and less restrictive. :+1: This way you can have a big emoji and text on the same line. :slightly_smiling_face:

:birthday: Cake

🎂<hairsp> Cake

:birthday: Cake

4 Likes

:grin:

2 Likes

This little snippet of code makes your text look like a keyboard button.

That is <kbd> </kbd>.

It also works with emojis and links…

Forum Master Delete Button DO NOT PRESS

:lovehoney_heart:

6 Likes

:cookie:

Ok, I have to try this :smile:

:anchor:

Just so you know, the <kbd> isn’t essential for the same trick, it’s just cosmetic. :slightly_smiling_face: You can make a regular emoji in to a link too, though it’s not quite as obvious.

@Ian_Chimp we are blessed to have you here :heart:

1 Like

A more fun example would be the one I hid in @KinkyMira’s TL3 party. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That is truly truly amazing! :balloon:

1 Like

Here’s me thinking the :balloon: led somewhere @Blonde_Bunny

I always wondered how to do the big thing…

does this go big?

Oh it does! Exciting!

does this go small?

I’m on a roll! How do you make it go bigger or smaller? Or are those the set sizes?

1 Like

You can go smaller, but there’s just one size of big.

3 Likes

Another table tip or two :slightly_smiling_face: (either expand the quotes by clicking on the quote header, or zip straight to the full post by following the header link :+1:)

Html tables:

I have another image/table tip:

It turns you can put images in a Markdown table after all. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: On first look it doesn’t seem possible as the [image|size] includes a |, which a Markdown table reads as an instruction to create a new cell. However… If you ‘escape’ the | in the image code you can slap as many in as you like. :slightly_smiling_face:

And to escape the | put a \ in front of it, like so:

![We-Vibe Chorus (Disco Pink)\|100x133](upload://bKSoqGJh9Wie5jhTHH1E3QtaHCq.jpeg)

And you can then use it in a regular Markdown table:

| | | | | | | | | | | | |
:—: | :—: | :—: | :—: | :—: | :—: | :—: | :—: | :—: | :—: | :—: | :—: | :—: | :—: |

| | | | | | | | | | |

2 Likes

With the latest update you can now use the <mark> tag to highlight text.

<mark>highlight </mark>

highlight

5 Likes

To add a little update on this - the markdown tables now seem to autosize and shrink the images if there’s no other text in the column to provide width.

To get round this you can jam a run of &emsp; in the header to get a bit of width:

                 

<table>

&emsp;&emsp;&emsp;&emsp;&emsp;| &emsp;&emsp;&emsp;&emsp;&emsp; | &emsp;&emsp;&emsp;&emsp;&emsp; 
:-: | :-: | :-: | 
![Womanizer Premium (Black)\|100x133](upload://igvlGueGPYLKhVxFrNZt0cFX8ua.jpeg)| ![Womanizer Classic\|100x133](upload://xA6tWVS8sCBuMk91Z9zv3s1u5Sk.jpeg) | ![Satisfyer Pro3\|100x133](upload://py81VfPo2tp0Wwmd9q9nhuZYBmC.jpeg) | ![We-Vibe Chorus (Disco Pink)\|100x133](upload://bKSoqGJh9Wie5jhTHH1E3QtaHCq.jpeg) |

</table>
1 Like

Due to a recent upgrade, you can now use a couple of extra bits of html code in your forum posts to control the way bullet lists are displayed - namely <reversed> and <type>. ‘Reversed’ reverses the order of the list numbers, and ‘type’ lets you choose whether you want list numbers, letters, or numerals.

For this you will need to use the <ol> list format, rather than the much simpler Markdown way. Here are a couple of examples:

<ol reversed>
<li> Dildos
<li> Bullets
<li> Magic Baguettes 
</ol>
  1. Dildos
  2. Bullets
  3. Magic Baguettes
<ol type="A">
<li> Dildos 
<li> Bullets
<li> Magic Baguettes
</ol>
  1. Dildos
  2. Bullets
  3. Magic Baguettes

Type can either be 1, a, A, i, or I for uppercase/lowercase letters and numerals.

These can also be combined with the <start> code to change the starting point of your ordered list:

<ol start=3>
<li> Dildos
<li> Bullets 
<li> Magic Baguettes 
</ol>
  1. Dildos
  2. Bullets
  3. Magic Baguettes
<ol reversed start=33 type="i">
<li> Dildos 
<li> Bullets
<li> Magic Baguettes 
</ol>
  1. Dildos
  2. Bullets
  3. Magic Baguettes

Happy listing. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

(from the Sandbox)

Images in Polls

You can pop an image in a poll. :partying_face: Just set your poll up and insert it as normal (using dummy options if you need to), and then add the images to the code once it’s in your reply window.

So you can have a picture poll like this:

And you can click here to see the code for one of the options to see what goes where:

[poll name=“How Precise” type=regular results=always public=true chartType=bar]
# How precise do you prefer?
* ![Zumio X Rechargeable Deep Stimulation SpiroTIP Clitoral Stimulator|125x166](upload://qt68KolbzbfQnxWeBvbxSXZKoy9.jpeg) <br> [Zumio X Rechargeable Deep Stimulation SpiroTIP Clitoral Stimulator](https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/vibrators/clitoral-vibrators/p/zumio-x-rechargeable-deep-stimulation-spirotip-clitoral-stimulator/a38825g71411.html)

[/poll]

Edit: (extra tidbit) If you look at the code closely you’ll see that each poll option is basically an image and a link in a bullet point (with a <br> to force a linebreak in). There’s a lot of text, but stripped down it’s:

[POLL HEADER]
# Title Text
* [image] <br> [display text](product link)
[/POLL]

Having the image as well as the link allows the poll option to be ticked without accidentally following the link instead. :+1:

Examples:
How precise do you prefer?
  • Zumio X Rechargeable Deep Stimulation SpiroTIP Clitoral Stimulator

0 voters

So, there you go. :slightly_smiling_face: If you’ve got a choice of lingerie you want to take a quick temperature check on this might be the poll for you. :+1:

4 Likes