Boudoir photo shoot.

My wife and I would like to try a couples boudoir photo shoot to get some great pics and memories, and to show off our love honey lingerie to full effect. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with one of these and what to expect.

I used to know a female professional photographer, she had photographed a couple who wanted similar to what you are looking for.

A decent Photographer will advice you on different poses that will best capture you both. He/She will make you feel relaxed and comfortable-Especially important as you will be wearing Lingerie-so as to get the best pictures.They should also be able to provide a seperate changing area, unless of course you were planning to have the pictures taken at home.

The Photographer I knew had her own studio with White canvass background and professional studio lighting. Look at lots of websites to see what they can provide other than just a camera, have a look through the portfolio to see what type of work they have done, who they have worked with, an example being if they have Photographed professional models. It may well be worth considering paying that little bit extra if the Photographer has a good reputation and displays some decent art work.

Do avoid placing an add for a Photographer, anyone with less disirable intentions can claim to be a Photographer.

There are lots of decent photographers out there, they should make your time an enjoyable one.

I can recommend - fresh photography. They will speak to you before hand ask you what you are looking for. Once you get changed in separate changing rooms they will have a variety of back drops and will direct you through poses with breaks to change lighting and let you try different outfits. A good photographer will be very encouraging and tell you how long to hold each pose. It’s so fun and make sure to pack loads of undies so you photographer can help you pick which to use tor each picture!

My wife did a shoot with FYEO photography in High Wycombe for my 10th anniversary present. Not sure if they do couples but the pics she got were fantastic. They are magicians to make the Mrs feel at ease, she generally hates having her photo taken, and even go fully nude for a couple of shots.

She was there for a morning with full makeover and 3 'costume changes'. They sent a link to a web page later for her to pick favourites (with their recommendations) and then got a printed album and CD in the post a week later.

This is something that I'd also be interested in. The Mr is useful with a camera but I'm not sure I have the confidence to just bare all for a photographer!

I do boudoir photography, although not very regularly as I don't have my own studio space anymore. I used to book a hotel room, hair and makeup artist separately and it worked out quite expensive doing it that way, which is a shame as the women I photographed all told me it was life-changing. I couldn't complete with some of the boudoir studios where they have their own staff and clothing etc . I'd quite like to do couple's boudoir shoots as well but have only had one enquiry in a year for it! Before your shoot the photographer will probably have some sort of paperwork/contract to sign. They may ask if they can share photos on their website. They will take time to get to know you, what type of couple are you, any body parts you dislike etc, I have a Google form I send to everyone. I always ask if there any favourite songs they like so I can have a playlist going while we shoot. At the shoot I have dressing gowns so they don't feel too exposed, I offer a drink, wine or coffee to help them relax. The biggest thing is when a photographer is working they aren't looking at 'you' they are looking through the camera and making shapes with your body, to put it bluntly, we're not staring at your thighs, we're putting you into poses that flatter you and make your photos look good. And at the same time trying to make it fun! My advice would be check out their social media channels, that they are visible online, it's ok if they do other types of photography as well, I think you'd get a good feeling about the photographer just by looking at their Instagram. If they don't have Instagram then I'd stay away, everyone's on there! Sorry for the long reply!! There's some amazing photographers out there, Tigz Rice is my favourite in the UK.

2 Likes

glitterismyfavouritecolour wrote:

I do boudoir photography, although not very regularly as I don't have my own studio space anymore. I used to book a hotel room, hair and makeup artist separately and it worked out quite expensive doing it that way, which is a shame as the women I photographed all told me it was life-changing. I couldn't complete with some of the boudoir studios where they have their own staff and clothing etc . I'd quite like to do couple's boudoir shoots as well but have only had one enquiry in a year for it! Before your shoot the photographer will probably have some sort of paperwork/contract to sign. They may ask if they can share photos on their website. They will take time to get to know you, what type of couple are you, any body parts you dislike etc, I have a Google form I send to everyone. I always ask if there any favourite songs they like so I can have a playlist going while we shoot. At the shoot I have dressing gowns so they don't feel too exposed, I offer a drink, wine or coffee to help them relax. The biggest thing is when a photographer is working they aren't looking at 'you' they are looking through the camera and making shapes with your body, to put it bluntly, we're not staring at your thighs, we're putting you into poses that flatter you and make your photos look good. And at the same time trying to make it fun! My advice would be check out their social media channels, that they are visible online, it's ok if they do other types of photography as well, I think you'd get a good feeling about the photographer just by looking at their Instagram. If they don't have Instagram then I'd stay away, everyone's on there! Sorry for the long reply!! There's some amazing photographers out there, Tigz Rice is my favourite in the UK.

Great advice and insight Glitter.
1 Like

I would really love :heart_eyes: to have this done with hubby professionally, don’t know if he’ll feel comfortable doing it, we take them at home though

1 Like

A few years ago I had a boudoir shoot with a photographer friend of mine .She suggested retro lingerie, corsets, black seamed stockings,etc.
Her advice was black and white photographs using an old four poster bed.One of the shots was of me exhaling smoke from a freshly lit cigarette.After a few drinks the shots got a bit naughtier culminating in a topless photo for my boyfriend at the time.She still has one my photos on her website after all those years.
I really enjoyed the experience and would love to repeat it with a partner one day

Maybe finding a photographer who’s willing to meet you for coffee or something first will help him feel more comfortable. It’s much more intimidating going into a new situation with a total stranger than it is with someone you’ve met in a really relaxed situation and had a good conversation with. Especially when it’s something as intimate as that. And then you can both decide if you like the photographer and feel comfortable working with them.

I’ve done a few photoshoots and find it’s always more awkward if you’re meeting for the first time doing the shoot.

1 Like

Thank you :blush: for the advice, I didn’t think of that. I’ll say to him, and if he still isn’t sure, we can always still do ourselves, he loves doing it that way anyway.

That was a lovely thoughtful and caring thing to do for your sister in law. Good people generally do good things.

1 Like

I was going to like your comment, but didn’t think it seemed right.
That is awful… console yourself with the knowledge that you did something nice for them. You are the better person.
I hope you are doing OK and your mum is still OK with everything.

1 Like