Brain Teasers

OK, I just thought we had the option to leave the answer blank and let people guess.

1 Like

Looking back over it you might be right. It doesn’t seem like it was fully decided. Maybe one for @brufton. :slightly_smiling_face:

I found a handful of riddles in a bargain bin quiz pack I acquired. :slightly_smiling_face: Here goes:

I have a head and a tail but no body. What am I?

A coin

I travel all across the world but I stay in one corner. What am I?

A postage stamp

I am the beginning of the end, the end of every place. I am the beginning of eternity and the end of time and space. What am I?

The letter ‘e’

I am weightless but I can be seen. Put me in a bucket and I’ll make it lighter. What am I?

A hole

Poor people have me. Rich people need me. What am I?

Nothing

2 Likes

Didn’t know the postage stamp one. Liked that.

Here are a few others I like…

Forrest left home running. He ran a ways and then turned left, ran the same distance and turned left again, ran the same distance and turned left again. When he got home, there were two masked men. Who were they?

The catcher and the umpire

If I am holding a bee, what do I have in my eye?

Beauty (because Beauty is in the eye of the beholder)

What is next in this sequence of numbers: 1, 11, 21, 1211, 111221, 312211, ______? (Okay, this one was on Only Connect but clever)

13112221. Each sequence of numbers is a verbal representation of the sequence before it. Thus, starting with 1, the next sequence would be “one one,” or “11.” That sequence is followed by “two one,” or “21,” and so on and so forth.

1 Like

*cough* spoiler *cough* :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry :woman_facepalming:t2:
…amended!

1 Like

To be honest (as @Cupc8kes pointed out earlier) I may be applying extra rules to this game that aren’t necessarily canon. :slightly_smiling_face:

I liked the ‘holding a bee’ one, I’d not heard that before.
:honeybee::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

(Edit: Nope. I cannot put that bee in a hand :slightly_smiling_face:)

I’m not overly fussed, it’s whatever works for everyone. I left the first one blank as I was starting off and forgot about the spoiler functionality. If there are too many questions it’ll be hard to know which answers are for which, so including the answer in a spoiler is probably best and might encourage more people to add their own questions (or even multiple questions)

2 Likes