Brain Teasers

Couldn’t spot a topic for us to share brain teasers so here goes…

What has many keys, but can’t even open a single door?

2 Likes

Piano

Typewriter

Dog with lots of keys

5 Likes

@Ian_Chimp

Dog with lots of keys :joy::joy::joy:

I’m crying :sob::rofl:

4 Likes

Voiceless it cries,
Wingless it flutters,
Toothless it bites,
And mouthless it mutters.

Wind

2 Likes

First one was the answer, but bonus points for the third answer :rofl:

2 Likes

This thing all things it devours,
Birds and beasts, trees and flowers.
Gnaws iron, bites steel,
Grinds hard stones to meal.
Slays kings, ruins towns,
And beats high mountains down.

Time

2 Likes

There was a Riddle Competition a while back that was quite fun. :slightly_smiling_face: Not everyone put their answers in though, so we could copy some over to here and finish them off if anyone knows the solutions?

2 Likes

Dentist?

2 Likes

Actually, quick question about formatting. :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::slightly_smiling_face:

Do you want the answers blurred but included with the riddle, or leave them answer-free and let people throw in guesses?

Time?

1 Like

Really want to guess rain/water @Blonde_Bunny? But i’m sure it’s way off! :laughing:

1 Like

@Totoro wins that one! Time.

1 Like

Jacket Potato?

Frozen Ready Meal?

Taken from the same place as @Ian_Chimp‘s

Competition entry. I have a stiff shaft. My tip penetrates. I come with a quiver. What am I?

An arrow

1 Like

Good question, sounds like a poll is needed :wink:

What can you hold in your right hand, but never in your left hand?

Your left hand

1 Like

Yes :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

How can you physically stand behind your father while he is standing behind you?

You are standing back to back

2 Likes

I think the format for this topic is to include both the riddle and the answer in spoiler tags. You can find that option in the :gear: menu on your reply editor’s format bar. The menu is a little squiffy, but it’s the magic wand option. Or you can just wrap the text you want to hide in [spoiler] [/spoiler]

Like this

And you don’t need to write the question in all bold, it will stand out fine without the extra emphasis. :+1:

1 Like